what do you want done with your body when you die?

wartomods

Reaction score
i want to be buried, that because i want people to go and meditate in my dead place whenever they feel. I think that going to my grandparents burial place, is always a good exercise to remember them, to think about life and get on track.

Rash L

Reaction score
i want to be buried, that because i want people to go and meditate in my dead place whenever they feel. I think that going to my grandparents burial place, is always a good exercise to remember them, to think about life and get on track.

I wouldnt mind being cremated and mixed into the soil where a tree is planted. The tree could have a plaque or whatever and my family could go there, sit in the shade of my branches, and think of me/have picnics whatever. A friend of mine in 3rd grade died of cancer and they had a tree planted for her on school property... I used to love to sit out there and read, but then again I was one of those weird loner kids who spent my recesses sitting under trees and reading instead of running in the sun or swinging on the swing set with friends.

Street_Siren

Reaction score
ArrowInOre said:
ok, here you guys, have you heard this...there is a process, for some high price I'm sure, that you can have remains turned into a man made diamond. I mean that would really put a new spin on 'wrapped around someones finger'

I've heard about that, it sounds cool. But at the same time, I can easily see being accidentally dropped down a sink, pawned off by someone who didnt know, something shitty and along those lines.

Puddles

Reaction score
I'd just want a wooden box and the dirt. Not the cement coffin-case they used today. I'd like my corpse to decay naturally into the earth. Not rot in a solid tomb because some asswipe somewhere is so scared of graverobbers. :zombie: ...or worse..

A

Arapala

Hmm, i have mixed feelings. I sure as hell know i don't want to be buried in some stupid box to rot. I also know i dont want to be thrown onto a fucking fire and burnt to ashes. I mean it seems like to me that would just be insulting. My entire life i try to take care of my body and keep it all in one piece haha. I dont want to be thrown into some oven where tons of other people were burnt to a crisp.

So here is my idea, an alternative:

I want to be stripped down naked wit the exception of my body jewelry, i would like that to be left in. I then i want to be take to an abandoned factory. There i want to be ritually suspended with flesh hooks in a 6 point lotus suspension (google it). I want my friends to be there and play some cool ass music and shit and maybe dance a little. Oh yeah everything needs to be lit by fire as well. After about an hour of everyone dancing and shit, i want to be slowly lowered into a large block of wet concrete. After that bitch is dry its probably going to need to be encased in some sort of crazy strong metal that can withstand intense pressure. Then i want to be shipped by a large sail boat right over the deepest know part of the ocean. Where ever that may be. And then dropped off the boat to descend to unknown lands (or seas rather?) unexplored by man...

Yeah, sounds a little bit more fun than crawling into the woods and dying, but hey, its your funeral!

But i guess if that isn't possible, just being chopped into small symmetrical cubes and given to small children to choke on, would be fine. I guess.

smellyskelly

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
cremation and my ashes spread under this huge oak tree in the PA mountains, its more or less a family spot, already got 4 people there, keepin the family together.

Mr. Expendable

Reaction score
This Isn't what I want but it's a funny thought.... being crucified after death then marched around.... hahaha if it made front page it'd give those conservative bible thumper something to bitch about while there gulping down there fucking starbucks... probably give them some good material for scar-tactics to get more people to join there radical brainwashing organizations as well.... so maybe it might not be the best thing... but I'd have to think about the topic more... I'll post something else up when I've thought of something good

sprout

Reaction score
I have grand plans that cannot happen but it is fun to dream.

-Traveling casket, to be buried in all of the places I never got to make it to while I was living, including the fucking moon.

-All my bones to be given to friends, as well as my tattoos (which will likely be most of my skin, so I guess just have it all turned into leather).

-Whatever remains is to be set to rest, viking pyre style. In flames, out to sea.
There will be a party and everyone has to dress like a viking.

R

Rstank

i have thought of this....for funeral everyone fasts while my body is butchered for edible parts then the parts that couldnt be eaten would be composted and then with my bones i would have a close love one build a sort of bone alter with it and my brain and heart would be given to my loved one to do what they pleased possibly some of my bones too, then everyone would eat my flesh and reminisce about me and times we may have shared and afterword everyone would do either a great dance to help digestion and when they passed my flesh into fecal matter i would ask them to poop into a hole in the ground to give that piece back to the earth

cailyBear

Reaction score
I'll have a friend attempt to scrape my lungs for resin....
Nah, I wish that was possible, that would be dank I bet,
Hopefully right before I die someone can take adrenochrome from my body!
but After death, toss me into the woods so I can feed animals and fertilize the land.
Good thread : )

cailyBear

Reaction score
........and when they passed my flesh into fecal matter i would ask them to poop into a hole in the ground to give that piece back to the earth
Hahahahaha, absolutely!

st1tch

Reaction score
Shot out of a cannon at a cop car, I think that would be cool.

But more realistically, I'd probably donate my body to science or just be thrown in a hole (no casket) and decompose naturally.

barnaclebones

Reaction score
I've always been fascinated by the Parsis... A zoroastrian society in India. they perform aerial burials... at an altar called the Towers of Silence. They consider vultures to be the cleansers of the Earth, and messengers from the heavens. There are versions of this in Tibet and other places too...

the egyptians also believed that vultures protected the common man and woman. The vulture headed goddess Nekhbet is really the ultimate homegirl in mythology, because she was the one to help Isis collect the pieces of Osiris, her murdered lover's body and sew them together into the first mummy.

Unfortunately, Asia and Africa are pretty much the only places on Earth that still have vulture species and populations capable of consuming an entire human body before it has decomposed to the point that it is no longer palatable to them... so... i might just have to get dumped in the sea in a great white shark feeding ground. ha.

i could go on and on... i spent some time in school studying vultures among my many other retardedly obsessive academic pursuits. i am a nerd. But I do want to be eaten by sharks or vultures. Or maybe sent to the outer rim of the atmosphere in a helium balloon like they do with the body of Christ and an ape at the end of Another Roadside Attraction.

i've put a lot of thought into it, but really, i've gotten distracted by the mythology and spirituality of it all.... i think Widerstand is onto it. Who gives a fuck? I'll be dead.

Dirty Rig

Reaction score
eh, just leave me where i fall. i've taken enough from the earth. let my corpse give back to it.

i dont want no fancy-ass funeral or ashes scattering or buried in any sentimental place. my dead inanimate corpse is perfectly happy rotting where it falls.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads