what do you want done with your body when you die?

Rash L

Reaction score
I think a lot of what happens to us after we die is to give those who mourn comfort and closure. I would love to just melt back into the earth, but I know it would give my family comfort having some place to go and grieve.... hopefully they wont do the whole traditional thing to me, and they will take my feelings into consideration when deciding what to do with my corpse, but in the end it wont really matter because I'll be dead and wont even know. :p

lobotomy3yes

Reaction score
Part of me wouldn't mind being buried. I mean, how cool would it be for someone to dig me up years later by accident and try to figure out how I lived by my bones. I'd love to be a fucking fossil. Maybe I should request burial by mud and hot ash...I'm cool with an animal finding me as well. Maybe I'll help a starving coyote or something. At least she'll have a bone to chew on.

I'm not sure about the whole coffin thing. As long as it didn't have any adverse effects on the local ecosystem I guess I would be ok with it, but it seems soo...boring. Thinking about cemeteries, I imagine all these dead people made to look all respectable and shit. How mundane and futile. You're fucking dead, the earth doesn't give a shit what you look like when you're buried within it. If I am to be buried in a cemetery, I better be all splayed out and wild looking. None of this hands-on-my-heart-smiling nonsense. Bury me upside down with a pumpkin on my head or something.

Zen

Reaction score
If I make it to 83 and I'm shitting myself in adult diapers, it's going to be me in the middle of the woods with a pistol. If a wild animal wants to eat me and my skanked up undies then let 'em at it.

If I die young, I want my organs donated and the rest smuggled out of the morgue by my close friends so they can torch me viking style.

jonom

Reaction score
burned on top of a pyre in front of my family.

goggles

Reaction score
Website
www.thetransitsite.cwahi.net
Burned in a giant bonfire, with all the stuff i used the most. Half the ashes get blown off the hands of my friends and the people that made a difference in my life. And the other half is turned into coffee for people to drink. The goggles are given to either my best friend or my better half (If i ever have one). Same deal with the ashes of a pet, except it gets mixed in with the ashes that will be turned into coffee. None of this put into box and bury 6 feet under deal. question is, how do make it legal?

-Goggles

LarZ

Reaction score
Possibly eaten by wolfs or animals; or just left to decay under a beautiful tree. Like those ones that elves and shit have gatherings around in fantasy books. Yes I'd already be dead, but it would be nice, laying among the roots. Maybe thrown into the ocean with an open wound...

I would want to nourish the earth that has nourished me, whatever that looks like 50 years from now.

LarZ

Reaction score
Burned in a giant bonfire, with all the stuff i used the most. Half the ashes get blown off the hands of my friends and the people that made a difference in my life. And the other half is turned into coffee for people to drink. The goggles are given to either my best friend or my better half (If i ever have one). Same deal with the ashes of a pet, except it gets mixed in with the ashes that will be turned into coffee. None of this put into box and bury 6 feet under deal. question is, how do make it legal?

-Goggles

I like the bonfire idea, but maybe just a campfire. Some friends living for a minute on my warmth, in the woods, maybe cooking something. It'd be weird I guess, but fuck it.

And shit. Since when is the legality an issue? I want my friends to do something illegal with my body.

Reaction score
There is some process that they do in Sweden I think, where they take a corpse and freeze it in liquid nitrogen bath. They then shatter the body which has become brittle and it melts into some sort of gloop which is supposedly really good compost. No smell no disease spreading. You then plant a tree or something with the compost. I think I like the idea because I think of what a grave yard would look like if every gravestone was a tree or a plant of some sort.

Our bodies were supposed to fertilalize the earth. FUCK PUMPING THEM FULL OF CHEMICALS AND BURYING THEM IN A BOX.

I also like the idea of being buried wherever I die and then someone coming back for my bones later. A lot of transient native tribes would do that.

mksnowboarder

Reaction score
Just throw me in the trash.

On the other hand, I am an organ donor, and wouldn't mind someone getting a better life from parts of my body. Unfortunately, the lungs, kidneys, heart, and liver are all pretty much beat to shit already, but they can take whatever works.

If I cared about what happened after I died, one interesting idea would be to have your ashes bound to something lipid soluble and injected into your friends, so that they'd always carry a piece of you around with them.

I read a lot of Poe's shit when I was a kid, and as a result, I've always been a bit terrified of being buried alive, though I guess/hope it's not as much of an issues these days. So no coffins for me, I have that very clearly written and verified by witnesses.

mike

brobro!

Reaction score
well if anyone wants to make any of my tattoo's patches or my bones jewelry or some shit im down but then id wana do this:

then just throw whats left in the middle of the forrest. fertilize some shit

soleil

Reaction score

yep, that pretty much sums it up for me.

MiztressWinter

Like A Boss
Reaction score
I was on a hopping trip once, and i found a rabbit skull. I had it as sort of company.....talked to it...put it down so it could see around, you know...nutter stuff.

Anyways, I would certainly like my ashes thrown into the wind from a high mountain above the Ocean on the Pacific west coast of Canada (home), so I could take one last physical trip from sky to sea.......just to be free one more time.

Like Tom Hanks with *Wilson* in *Cast Away?* Lol....

tallhorseman

Reaction score
Have donated it to Louisiana State University. What's left when they finish with it gets cremated.

MiztressWinter

Like A Boss
Reaction score
Damn this has been one interesting read. I guess I never really gave it much thought? I mean...I will be dead...and I don't have a will....so I guess someone else will be making the decision about my dead body unless I write out a will one day.

fantasy: I would want to be cremated and have my ashes put into fireworks and shot off over new orleans.

They really do this btw...

http://www.angels-flight.net/

realistically: cremation. Lying down and dying in the woods and returning to nature or benefiting an animal sounds great...but what are the chances of that happening? Cremation cost 1000.00...much cheaper than a coffin and funeral. If it is legal to be laid just straight into the ground to decompose...then yeah that would be cool.

anywhere_but_here

Reaction score
This is one thing that I've actually thought alot about. yeah for having a morbid side. I've always wanted to go out like a jedi on the funeral pyre. darth vader style

bfalk420

Reaction score
I just want to be buried in the ground no casket no embalming fluid no headstone just in the ground somewhere. Being put out to sea is a good option for me too.

nivoldoog

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I want to be buried in a leather sack.... 6 to 7 feet deep. With a few possisions. Some gold. (or the river styxs). Some weed, dressed in my everyday clothes(what ever that mite be in the evolution of me. Maybe a few other things. But mainly want the worms to get at me and return me to the earth that I was born from.

But I think this is illegal. Well the sack part. I think you must be put in a box. Or maybe on of those cemitary where they dig you up after sooo many years and put your bones in a diffrent place.

If not that cremation. Or I wanna sell my body to sience. How can I cash in on THAT! NOW!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads