what do you want done with your body when you die?

spoorprint

Reaction score
hellomonday said:
i want somebody to make something with my bones.
like make something that hangs from a tree perhaps...
ive always thought it would be kindof cool to hold a femur bone in my hand it would be such a wierd feeling, uhh sorry if thats wierd.
i think bones are really fascinating

i think the Tibetans used to make jewelry of people's bones, to remind them of the transient nature of life.
I just want to be cremated and used as tree food, but i bet it doesn't go that way.

C

Clit Comander

Grace said:
When Hunter S. Thompson killed himself, his will explained his funeral arrangements. He was to be cremated, and then Bill Murray and Johnny Depp took his ashes up to a cliff and shot them out of a cannon somewhere in the Southwest. He always was ridiculous.

As for me, I would like to be cremated, and then have my ashes spread somewhere. No point in taking up land by being buried, and anyways, I don't think of the body as the person, rather just the shell and temple where we are temporarily housed. Sometimes imprisoned.

it was a rocket, and it looked like a double thumbed hand clutching a peyote button. i think it was something Ralph steadman drew up. but they did it on his propety near aspen.
when my homeboy dies we're gonna cremate him then lace his ashes with weed and pcp and smoke his ass. no joke.

G

Grace

Clit Comander said:
it was a rocket, and it looked like a double thumbed hand clutching a peyote button. i think it was something Ralph steadman drew up. but they did it on his propety near aspen.
when my homeboy dies we're gonna cremate him then lace his ashes with weed and pcp and smoke his ass. no joke.

Jesus.

C

Clit Comander

Grace said:
Clit Comander said:

Jesus.
yep

dirtyfacedan

Reaction score
I was on a hopping trip once, and i found a rabbit skull. I had it as sort of company.....talked to it...put it down so it could see around, you know...nutter stuff.

Anyways, I would certainly like my ashes thrown into the wind from a high mountain above the Ocean on the Pacific west coast of Canada (home), so I could take one last physical trip from sky to sea.......just to be free one more time.

S

SeymourGlass

I'd like to be thrown into a bog and get completely leathered and then have National Geographic find me thousands of years later to the tune of a crazy story about how i was a sacrifice to the gods.

-or-

get a great big spooky gravestone and put it in the middle of the woods for someone to walk by someday and get scared shitless.

-or-

become a cadaver. i work at a convention center and one day, an AMR training class was going on. when i walked into the room they were set up in, there was a cadaver laying on the floor. i've got a picture, if anyone's interested.

spoorprint

Reaction score
Thinking more about eating dead friends...There is a right way and a wrong way to do this.
The Fore, a tribe in New Guinea , used to eat their dead love one's brains. This lead to the transmission of a disease called Kuru, probably caused by a crystalline protein fragment called a prion. You don't want to do this.

The Yanomami in Brazil and Venezuela used to cremate
their friends, the make tea out of part of the ashes.This seems to be safer.

Reactions: Hal
O

Oaksey

I think I'd be fine with my body being burned or tossed into the woods somewhere. I dont like the idea of being put in a casket. It's just another waste of materials space as far as I'm concerned.

veggieguy12

The Captain
Reaction score
I very seriously would like friends/family to throw my naked corpse from an overpass onto the highway, to cause a crash and shut down car traffic for a while. But maybe my useful organs could first be removed and given to people in need (e.g., wounded Palestinian bystanders).

veggieguy12

The Captain
Reaction score
Widerstand said:
They could get busted for abuse of a corpse which is a crime... Besides since your dead does it really matter what is done with you?

They could get busted for it, but I'd disown them if they did.
No, I don't really care, but it seems like a final good use of the stuff, y'know? Other more elaborate plans come to mind...

moe

Reaction score
i want two things done to my body, if for some fucking reason one is not possible.

1)cremated, rolled up in a fucking joint with bud, passed around the campfire, for everyone to share(im not kidding)

2)on the tallest building in chicago, of course, and have my ashes blown across the city, or as far as i can go.

Reactions: Hal

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
hmmm never really thought about funeral shit. but i guess i would like to be cremated with my guitar, drawing pencils, sunflowers(because they always look towards the light) and my pack, then (if she's already dead) mixed with my dogs ashes. After that i want a travel buddy to spread a hand full of ashes in every town they pass though until im gone. yeah. that would be neat.

M

Mouse

I very seriously would like friends/family to throw my naked corpse from an overpass onto the highway, to cause a crash and shut down car traffic for a while. But maybe my useful organs could first be removed and given to people in need (e.g., wounded Palestinian bystanders).

so you want to save lives with your organs and then try to kill people in horrific car accidents? makes sense!

M

Mouse

soooo you want to wreck a bunch of cars so that the people that use them, now payig money to corperate funded hospitals and taking pills for the pain you caused, have to go out and buy new ones made in big factories after their exploitive insurance company pays them 1/2 the money for their old car and gets them a rental in the meantime. so now they have to work longer hours and neglect their families and friends to recoop the time and money lost to losing their car and getting injured and missing work.

you're not helping much.

big picture dude, big picture.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads