favorite place to sleep? | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

favorite place to sleep?

T

Tailz

i was livin under this bridge in the middle of downtown Little "crack" Rock, Arkansas for about a month. fuckin rad, soup kitchen a few blocks down, train tracks under the bridge down the hill from where i had my camp. Nice little urban hobo jungle... happened to be where i hopped my first train. I had big ass I beams on either side of me, supporting the road above... and protectin me from the elements, and the bulls and pigs. I think it was under 15th, maybe 14th St. anyways, rad place to bed down for a little while... that is if you can get over the fact that there is a high chance you couuld get mugged walkin to your bed every night.

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
Off some bike trail, there was a sandy river beach with trees and singing birds and even orchids on the path there. I'd hitch up my hammock and sleep there. It was really beautiful and serene, but I stopping sleeping there after a deranged vet tried to ambush me.

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
never made it there on my adventures in the east bay, but the first train i rode i ran into a girl who lived there. and a few friends have said really good things about it, so let me know how that goes, i definately want to go check it out next time i'm down there.

does that mean you're dpearting from the portland fun vortex?

Dirty Rig

Reaction score
Surprisingly enough, I slept like a log at the Ice House squat in Asheville. Despite the cold, despite the utter darkness (no windows, in the middle of a warehouse, complete darkness even in daylight, with no electricity, torches, or flashlights), despite the hobo-eating chupacabra, and the myriad of ghosts that cops warned us haunted the place haha

I slept like a fucking baby on valium.

Geoff

Reaction score
anywhere with a nice view. Rooftops are nice. This one time i was sleeping in this treehouse/platform built really high in this liveoak, amazing view, in the greenbelt and i woke up with a raccoon about 6 inches from my head. ha

Birdy

Reaction score
the beach
this one house down the road from my moms that they've been taking their time to build
and I've really wanted to sleep in this one persons yard....it's very well kept but there's a bunch of bushes on the side and it looks like a little bush cave.

bikegeek666

Reaction score
never made it there on my adventures in the east bay, but the first train i rode i ran into a girl who lived there. and a few friends have said really good things about it, so let me know how that goes, i definately want to go check it out next time i'm down there.

does that mean you're dpearting from the portland fun vortex?

yeah, i made it out of the vortex. next time you're in the east bay, if i'm still here, let's camp in the landfill, i've found a couple of nice spots. definitely one of my favorite places to sleep.

D

dVEC

House on Stilts, NOLA. Had a lotta fun crackin' that place a couple years ago... Well, really, TFW were the ones to crack it, me and my friends were just the first ones there since. House on Stilts means NO FLOOD DAMAGE. Plus, 4 mattresses, couches, pots and pans, holiday decorations, and a SKEE BALL TABLE!? FROM THE GET-GO?!!? WHAT!??? Best squat ever.

One of these days I'm seriously gonna travel with a grappling hook and squat every roof I can.

Shoestring

Professional Hobo
Banned
Reaction score
Rolling, empty boxcars to Sioux Falls, South Dakot
Website
www.youtube.com
[/B At the UP crew change in Van Buren, Arkansas you walk about two miles west along the tracks and there are countless caves to harbor in!
Many are real dry and for the most part free of larger mammals.
]

dirtyfacedan

Reaction score
I'm with Wider on this one, Roof tops of skyscrapers are prefered, mountains are great, anything with a view, i think i must sleep with my eyes half open, and my sub-conscious likes it.

bote

Reaction score
the tank at slab city, inside or outside the tiredome, a good sunset over the range, stars overhead, trains a couple miles away crossing the desert off and on throughout the night

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads