What's your favorite piece of gear? | Page 3 | Squat the Planet

What's your favorite piece of gear?

mbgeorge

Reaction score
a few years back i was drunk and stole a little pocket tv from radioshack, that way you never have to go without the simpsons, the thing eats batteries though and i hardly ever even remember i have it but it was cool for a while, the most important thing in my pack is probably my sleeping bag, floss and sewing needles, and my multitool, ... atlas is always handy too

oldmanLee

Reaction score
Might I suggest that you Mencken fans peruse Ambrose Bierce's "The Devil's Dictionary".A bit drier than Mencken,but still worthy.

Example: prophesy,n. The art and practice of selling one's credibility for future delivery.

connerR

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
i just got new gear. ill let you know what my favorite piece is in a few days.

mattdoc

Reaction score
1. Dr. Bronner's magic soap. Small size. Concentrated, can wash socks in cold water, clean cups and pans, brush teeth, shave, ect. When bored can read the crazy label, a little bit of americana.

matt

Reactions: Heron and benje

xmaggotx

Reaction score
my jaw harp is pretty sweet... i like my collapsible opera glasses. also like having a camelbak bladder (platypuses are even better) i like having leggings or longjohns. becker necker knfe. yoyo.

obviously i could do without most of these things, but this thread seems to be more of a "coolest, most unique items in your pack" than strictly most practicaal

Rash L

Reaction score
1. Dr. Bronner's magic soap. Small size. Concentrated, can wash socks in cold water, clean cups and pans, brush teeth, shave, ect. When bored can read the crazy label, a little bit of americana.

matt

this stuff is fucking AWESOME!... well, this stuff and Avon's Skin So Soft. both are good for SO many uses

PFAT

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Definitely my pack. Had if for years. Got it from some crazy guy stuck in the shit town I was living in so I could carry paint around a little less obviously. It needs some work done... holes and busted zippers n such but I love it. If something doesn't fit in there I don't want it.

Aside from that. Floss.

BrokeWhiteBoy

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Either my new pair of boots, or my pack. The pack is my bag I got when I was still playing paintball (family owns a store, so I naturally got into it). It isn't that big, but it is comfortable and designed to hold up to being constantly dirty and thrown around. I can fit most things I could need in it, and the bag already has straps/buckles on the outside that were designed to carry pod-packs and masks, but they work great for hooking a sleeping bag and a roll of duct tape on. It's extra cushy with padding on the back and the straps. I still use it all the time even when not travelling. I wouldn't mind if it was about 200ci bigger, but I can't complain, I've had it for a while now and it is still going strong.

http://www.directpaintball.com/Proto-Backpack-P13303.aspx

The pocket on the outside where the gun is supposed to go fits a tarp and my gallon bag full of maps i printed off and my atlas.

Though I do think before I hit the road for any length of time again, I'll be investing in a shoulder bag just for some extra storage for paper stuff, toiletries, and my necessary reading materials. They get lost in the big pocket of the backpack when I'm also carrying clothes.

a kerouac book (serves as trade item and bible)

Totally agree here. Have both the Road Novels book ( On the Road / The Dharma Bums / The Subterraneans / Tristessa / Lonesome Traveler / Journal Selections) and The Portable Jack Kerouac (it takes excerpts from various books and writings and puts them in chronological order to better tell the story of his life through his own words)

rumple

Reaction score
361z.jpg

The bearsuit is wonderful. There's bibs for it as well.

sprout

Reaction score
Went shopping at the Army Surplus store today. By accident, I bought a really expensive headlamp. I was pissed at first, but decided I may as well stick the batteries in and try it out. I immediately became stoked on how high tech it is.

So if you are ever thinking to yourself: Gee! I would really love a powerful, long-lasting, water resistant headlamp with a pivoting lamp, 9 light settings, including bright red, blue, and green LEDS and just so happens to also be equipped with a rear safety light feature on the opposite side, then you probably want this high tech Extreme Sportsman Rayovac headlamp.

simpletoremember

Reaction score
Second star to the right and straight on till morn
Website
myspace.com
Old-school Gameboy with a few games. I had it for a while then got busted throwing my pack around.

I also usually never travel with out an instrument... Entertainment, keeps me sane, and it's a decent money maker.

HillBilly

Reaction score
my dogs saddle bags,I hope i never have to lug around that fuckers food again.

YES! i just made some saddle bags and iam never ever going anywhere with out them!

I also never go any where with out some thing good to read or at least some dice, i really hate bordum and i spend alot of time waiting round for things

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads