What's your favorite piece of gear? | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

What's your favorite piece of gear?

flashinglights

Reaction score
sealing hoodie pockets with zippers is a great idea! I'm bringing thread and a sewing kit on the road this year.

M

Mouse

I always had the issue that I'd get kicked down nice pull-over carhart hoodies from my mom because she did the carhart ordering for the farm store she worked for. I hate pull-overs though because I wear glasses and it's a pain in the ass. So, I'd cut zippers off of jackets, split the hoodie in the front, make it a zip hoodie and put zippers on the pockets to keep my cell, smokes, and other random crap handy and secure.

Beegod Santana

Reaction score
Other than food all I really carry is my sleeping bag, tarp, hoodie and my msr water purifier. All of which I'd say are my favorite piece of gear depending on where I am and what kinda day I'm having.

Reactions: Gin

GutterGrayse

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Mine is also my sleeping bag. It's a Eureka! Women's Casper +15degrees. It scrunches down to about a 6"x9"x6" size and is only two lbs. A good half of my travels are in the northern states and it's never let me down to be at least comfortable, if not toasty.

drun_ken

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Deffinatly my fanny pack...

fanny packs are not nor will ever be a good thing...please burn the ones ya have and sew a god damn cargo pocket on yer pants...and calling em a chaos pack does not make them an allright thing...shit carry a fukin side bag already....fukin kids taday...

• Haha
Reactions: BadBoBo

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
my pack...it holds my life pretty much

farmer john

Reaction score
my boots theyre always there for me

Reactions: BadBoBo

Wolfeyes

Reaction score
Gretchen, my little no name 15" machete I picked up at a yard sale a few years back. Fits in my big bag, stays fairly sharp, takes a beating without being too heavy.

Still want to get a Cold Steel one day....

boucaneer

Reaction score
yeah those p38 can openers are neat. i lost a p51 years back and all i can find are the rubbish highlander ones that rattle and bend.

currantly my favourate item is my french naval gortex foul weather jacket worn over a down filled puffer jacket, realy warm and waterproof. we have had ten days of snow here and i am still toasty.

other than that, it's my bed roll, gortex bivi,two vangos sleeping bags and a down army one, thermarest compact air mattress and mozzy net.

it's freezing here, still compared to canada it probally is half tropical.

oh yeah, and my casio tide calculation watch.

D

Deleted member 20

I got a p38, on a carabiner with a knife,spoon,fork thing you might find in the cub scouts, & a church key(old school bottle opener)& a water spiggot key that works on some, commercial spiggots located alongside buildings. Those & my rail atlas(though outdated nice to have.

oldmanLee

Reaction score
"in town",$50 in small bills and 5 silver dollars.In the back country,my Hudson's Bay blanket.Everywhere,a stout single edge knife with about a hundred feet of cord wrapping the grip area.

M

Monkeywrench

1. North Face 0 degree sleeping bag. Weighs a good bit, but keeps me ALIVE and warm.
2. SOG Navy Seal fixed-blade knife. Everything else is replaceable and/or I can deal.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads