2009 Jamboree - StP Fest III - Slab City, CA; Oct 8th-11th 2009 | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

2009 Jamboree StP Fest III - Slab City, CA; Oct 8th-11th 2009

This thread prefix is for threads related to the 2009 Jamboree.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LilMa

Reaction score
awesome! How exactly do I volunteer?? & like I said - I can hold two more people and anyone around Portland, OR or 50-60 miles out I can give you a ride =]

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
there is a link in the first post that will take you to the volunteer/organizers section. :)

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i'll definately be there. trading my crappy car in for a van this week or next.

stove

Reaction score
Still planning on making it, but have to be in NYC on the 28th of Sept, so might have to fly out that way...unless someone knows of an easy FAST way to get cross-country that quickly?

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
gonna try my best really want to, nothing better to do

R

rideitlikeyoustoleit

Hey any of you folks coming with cars, if you would like to stop in Sacramento to fetch me, I will hella help with gas and have some tasty food for you.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
well, i just realized that this event is coming up fast! im looking at greyhound tickets right now, but im not sure how close i can get to slab city before i have to hitch... niland doesn't show up on their city search! anyone know? or is there anyone coming from a nearby city that i can get a greyhound to that i can then get a ride with to the fest?

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
Closest that greyhound will take u is El centro CA its about 35 miles from niland

drunken marauder

Reaction score
Hey I found plane tickets to be cheaper than greyhound lately like detroit to San Diego for 120 bucks 4 days before greyhound was like 250 and an extra 3 1/2 days....

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
HEY ANYONE WHO NEEDS A RIDE I WILL PICK ANYONE UP AS LONG AS YOU ARE ALONG I-5 WHEN I HEAD SOUTH. I HAVE A BIG VAN AND CAN FIT PLENTY. i wont go out of my way if its too far. there may be exceptions but we can talk about it. Right now i'm in seattle so anyone south of seattle is welcome to jump in. all i ask is to help out a little with gas.

P.S.-my van consists of people who enjoy drinking and smoking so if you have a problem being around that then avoid us.

My number is 530-605-8957 call me at least two weeks before the gathering.

bote

Reaction score
how close i can get to slab city before i have to hitch... niland doesn't show up on their city search! anyone know? ?

Greyhound doesnt go to Niland, but the imperial county public bus from El Centro costs about 1.50, well worth it, its a 1 hour+ ride. Coming from the north its trickier, the bus from Mecca down to Niland doesnt run that often, it does however exist. I strongly recommend the train out of Colton if coming down from the north.

oh yeah, while in Niland support Bobby D's.

Salem M.

Reaction score
I want to hit this up so bad.. I haven't been through Slab City in ever, and last time it was just a travel through-it type of there.
I'm in Eureka, California with a friend who got out of the army recently, I've been wanting to go and I think he'd be down. If anyone's travelling through about that time, I'm looking for a travelling buddy/possible-ride.
I'll have food taken care of and maybe a couple other cool gifts and toys for anyone else.

BrokeWhiteBoy

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I hella wanna go, and I'm sure my girl would too, but I don't know shit about So Cal and wouldn't feel all that comfortable hitching out there, and with very limited hopping experience (read as almost none since they were only about two hours combined) I'm looking at Greyhound or rideshare, and seeing as how i'm broke...

If anyone is rolling through (or near) Fresno and is willing and able to give me and my girl a ride, we will help out with gas as best we can (may not be much but we will try) and atleast hook you up with some home cooked food. Wouldn't be opposed to hopping either, as long as someone who knows more than us is willing to help us out in directions and such.

614 crust

Ex-Moderator / Elitist asshole
Reaction score
Website
feralkidscreations.com
I would like to come if I can find a ride or any way to get there from New Orleans and then back afterwords in time for halloween

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
im coming from new orleans but im probably flying and getting a ride from oceanside unless we can find a car...

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
def coming probably be there a lil early depending on hitching status

wokofshame

Reaction score
Website
www.weather.gov
i should be there if all goes right.
since i FORGOT to pick up my new hampshire card before leaving (i know, i know how does one do that) i looked up how to get another EBT card as soon as i get back into the states.
Kids, it seems like you want to go to el centro.
and a rant
At the last gathering, i remember buying 200plus$ worth of food for people, this time can everybody else make sure to have ebt cards when they show up. it is really damn simple and in cali you can even spend your credit at subway etc if you mark urself down as not owning a kitchen. seriously, it is the mark of amateurs to not be on stamps. if you want to figure out who the true veteran trainrider-travellers are in any group and who just has a bunch of patches and sticknpoke tats, you simply ask if they have ebt cards or not
perhaps one of us can help all the greenhorns get cards, ravie could you drive em down whatever before the gathering

Applying for Food Stamps

Imperial County

In Imperial County, you will contact the Department of Social Services at 2995 S. 4th St. Ste. 105El Centro, CA 92243 or by phone at 760-337-6800

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads