Best places in America?

T

Tailz

Fort Collins was cool for a college town. I found a college bar that had 25 cent beer....some nice hippies let us stay for the night.

Yeah, i didnt know if it was kurk or kirk and i didnt wanna disrespect ya know. its fuckin awesome that he pulled thru for so long tho. the doctors pretty much gavem an expiration date and he just said fuck treatment. kinda shows ya how music is medicine huh. i wich i had a gas tank bass.

yeah, the cheeba hut in ft collins was pretty cool. they let me and my girl at the time trade jewelry for food. and they didnt card me for beer, which was also free. we were able to sleep on the floor of this hippie dudes house as well. really nice people their.

Rise 609

Reaction score
I reccommend everyone stay outta jersey if your traveling. This place hasn't been right since 9/11( not that it was that great before then either). Personally I like cape hatteras, nc. No scene there and no other squatters but I camped on the beach for 2 weeks straight with no problems. Some really nice fisherman there even hooked me up with some fish to fill my stomach with.

streetrat

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
really?
im in silverdale WA right now and it sucks here..
we went through spokane though,on the way here. looks like a pretty cool place
the amount of rain in WA sucks though : /

Double-A

Reaction score
i gotta say that rhinelander, WI (which is where i grew up and am living) is fucking awesome. i grew up used to the small town pace and a lot of friggin trees. i had darren deicide play here once. the first thing he said was. "there aren't any curbs in front of your house?!"

bloomington Indiana is always good, and i agree that lawrence is awesome.

streetrat

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
silverdale is eh..
really small town which isnt bad, but all the people here kinda suck.
a redicuclous amount of people driving around in there cars thinking there badass.
today for example im down at the water front riding my bike when about 6 cars and a 2 trucks fly into the parking lot, hip hop a blarin, and all the 16 year old kids get out and start lightin up there smokes and chewin there tabacky kickin shit around and being obnoxious.
i just dont get these people...

sharks77

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
ArrowInOre said:
It's been a loooong time, but 6th ave in Austin, Tx used to be pretty kool.

6th st in austin isn't as cool as i hear it used to be (i can't really say for sure as i wasn't there) but is still pretty awesome now. austin is just a cool town in general i think

Anyone been to L.A lost of people say its shit, was just wondering why. Always wanted to go there,
cheers

i haven't really stayed in la before but i've been through many times and the people suck. pretty much everyone i was exposed to in any way was a total asshole. it was pretty weak

marc

Reaction score
some people dont like l.a. and some do. i loved it. i was mostly in venice beach but i spent a week in hollywood also

Reactions: miklo

HannahBee

Reaction score
Its cool to hear so many people mention western Mass. I'm from Boston and up until recently I had no idea that the other side of my state attracted travelers. I was introduced to traveling by way of hanging out in the city (mostly Cambridge which can be really cool but maybe that is because I knew all the kids there).

As for cool places...
I'll say Boston/Cambridge, MA which can both be great..then again I've never needed to squat or spange there.
I had a kick ass time my first time around in Santa Barbara, CA. Cool kids and lots of money for beer
Berkley, CA is a lot of fun
New Orleans can be really awesome..I was there for Halloween and spent the entire time on Bourbon street getting drunk for free for 3 days straight.

ballast

Reaction score
favorite places in order:
Portland OR.
Denver CO.
Richmond VA.
Asheville NC.
Austin TX.
Crescent City CA.(first generation redwoods)
Savannah GA.
Oakland CA.

places on the shitlist:
Cheyenne WY. (without a doubt)
Shreveport LA. (without a doubt)
Barstow CA.
Florence SC.
Baltimore MD.
The entire state of New Jersey
Wilmington DE.
Jackson MISS.

Reactions: atlastalias

derailed

Reaction score
it's weird to me that so many people mention austin as one of their favorite spots. i could see how it would be cool with some money in your pocket, but if you're tramping thru that bitch it's a huge pain in the ass. the drag gets old real fast if you're not a junkie, and 6th is a bunch of frat bros and hipsters from UT. probably one of, if not the absolute worst, places i've ever had to make money at. i'd take odessa or el paso or san antone any day when im in texas over austin.

CanoeTramp

Reaction score
Any lake or river that hasn't been spoiled by man. Any rural area that has'nt been destroyed by corperations,- with their big box stores and fast food nation. My favorite rural areas being north west and north central Penna., and norther Wisconsin. Favorite neighborhoods in America,- Pittsburgh's South side,-East Carson Street. Milwaukee's Bayview neighborhood.

bmb

Reaction score
North East Iowa(Prairie du Chien),western montana,all the New England states in the spring/summer/fall are awesome for scenic views, great cities to visit are Pittsburgh,Philly,New York,Key West,Montreal,Portland(both maine and oregon),Athens,GA, Spokane,WA...thats pretty much all i can think of now,just my personal taste really...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads