Who do you prefer to travel with?

Angela

Wandering But Not Lost Yet
Reaction score
Some recent threads have made me contemplate this question. I've traveled solo so long that I don't have a preference other than for traveling solo but I'm wondering which people seem to tend to prefer for traveling, guys or gals, and why?

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
well, it doenst really depend on the gender, it depends on the person. From what I experienced, girls and guys who travel are more likely to be open minded (minus the few clingers and posers) than people who wouldnt travel.

atherington

Reaction score
Myself, I'd rather travel with a girl. I just tend to get along with them a little quicker.

kai

Reaction score
either or, never travelled to far with a gal before...anyone who's down to earth yet a wingnut, likes to sleep in the woods and good for a conversation and will push me to push myself and be pushed and smart...oh yeah and over 18, not to say anyone under 18 is incapable of being cool but it's just by default... I don't need the liability regardless if they can look after themselves or not...

oh yeah and I also have a preference for travelling alone a lot of the time.

bote

Reaction score
I like traveling by myself best, but I've had positive experiences traveling with guys and gals. I've had more positive experiences traveling with guys though, maybe the fact that sex wasn't an issue (I'm not generally attracted to guys that way) helped create a deeper, more consistent level of intimacy. Because that's what I like about traveling with someone, the shared experience, understanding and appreciating another perspective.

stove

Reaction score
I've had good experiences with both, though I would def. prefer women (I get along w/ women better, most of the time. Ex-gf exceptions...). I've only found a few guys I didn't but heads with at some point, and those whom are too passive...well, they get left behind. I tend to make the whole "not sleeping with my travel partner" thing pretty clear, but that's just to keep things uncomplicated. Of course, if it happens...it happens.

Staralar

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I'd say males; but only on account of the fact that-
everyone knows it's the all American dream to pick up a little girl on the side of the road, take her to the destination of your choice, & have your way with her.

Not to mention, I firmly believe that I'm more compadable with men than women, any day of the week... too much estrogen in one place is never a good thing. :]

But either way in the long run, I suppose it really doesn't matter so long as you & your partner understand the rules & regulations you have set amoung yourselves- & you both can properly adhere to them... & in addition, stimulating conversation is always a plus :D

stove

Reaction score
...the all American dream to pick up a little girl on the side of the road, take her to the destination of your choice, & have your way with her...

I dunno, I've always dreamed of a beautiful woman (or women) picking me up, taking to some remote cabin, and having a ROUSING game of chinese checkers.

Maybe it's just me...:cheers:

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i like traveling with guys because i feel socially awkward around girls because(no offense to anyone who isnt this) but most of the time they're nasty, fuck anything that winks at em, cant handle drinking, sometimes dont come prepared and end up complaining about it, scare away people when spanging by being loud fucking idiots, and sometimes try to steal and swindle shit from my friends. It's all about the lack of respect, most women dont respect them selves much less other people. but dont get me wrong, i would travel with a female as long as they are nothing of the above. i just spent a week at a squat with chicks like this and i'm not too fond of it. i'm OD-ing on dumb bitch.

okay, theres my rant for the day. but i prefer traveling with guys and other dogs so my dog has a road dog too lol but i especially like guys because you can rip ass and they just look at you then try to top it by being louder.... now thats what i call family.

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
Well, I typically like traveling with girls because it makes hitching that much easier. But I won't travel with idiots even if it makes travel faster, I've learned my lesson.

Reactions: Fungus

mkirby

Reaction score
Website
meredithkirby.com
With you on the dumb bitch thing, ravie. Most of my friends are guys because there's very few girls I know who aren't backstabbing whores.
The ones that aren't are fantastic, but american culture tends to breed asshole bimbos more than intellignent women, at least in my experience. Shame.

eatmonksus

Reaction score
i dunno dr dre told me "bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks," but i still prefer women. most of my guy friends are really, uhhhhh, testosterone filled, meaning they believe one guy should be leader and all that b.s. most o my lady friends aren't like that, making it easier to get along.

Reactions: slurricane

sharks77

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
With you on the dumb bitch thing, ravie. Most of my friends are guys because there's very few girls I know who aren't backstabbing whores.
The ones that aren't are fantastic, but american culture tends to breed asshole bimbos more than intellignent women, at least in my experience. Shame.

word...
i cant stand the whole bitchy, catty, pretentious, backstabbing, two-faced bullshit that most girls i know are so fond of.
most guys i know are way easier to get along with

Shoestring

Professional Hobo
Banned
Reaction score
Rolling, empty boxcars to Sioux Falls, South Dakot
Website
www.youtube.com
If I do run with another, they better have a streight head on their shoulders!
Someone who geographically knows where they are at most times too is a must!
(I have traveled with guys who did not even know what state came after Texas heading east or west)!!! Now that's bad!

katiehabits

Reaction score
Website
kthabits.tumblr.com
i find that when i do travel with someone else they are usually male. this happens for two reasons:
1) protection
2) i'm fucking them

there aren't as many lady travelers and most of us don't travel alone we'll travel with a "boyfriend" or whatever so it makes running into a cool lady to travel with less likely too.

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
and when you travel with someone your dating all you have to say when some nasty tweaker hits on you is "sorry this is my boyfriend..." and it normally ends there. instead of..." uhhh well...i'm actually into no sex before marraige, oh and i'm lesbian anyways, plus my vagina is sewn up....dont know how that happened..."

Angela

Wandering But Not Lost Yet
Reaction score
and when you travel with someone your dating all you have to say when some nasty tweaker hits on you is "sorry this is my boyfriend..." and it normally ends there. instead of..." uhhh well...i'm actually into no sex before marraige, oh and i'm lesbian anyways, plus my vagina is sewn up....dont know how that happened..."

I'm trying to stop laughing right now. I've never traveled with a "boyfriend" but I have never found myself resorting to any of those lines:hysterical: but since I like to travel solo which I know is kinda weird for a gal in our society and can be very introverted I do tend to kinda stay under the radar more than some travelers. A big mace canister helps too :p.

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
or pants that have blood all over the crotch is decent protection. i swear man, if i had a nickle for everytime someone hit on me.....ide have three nickles haha nah but realy, if i wanted to fuck someone ide do it, i dont need an invite every 2 hours...fucking men lol

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads