What to pack?

wartomods

Reaction score
skunkpit wrote:

Hahaha. Daymn. Don't let kids here think they should hop with datura, sheww. Thats cool you can contain yourself enough to not fall off the train. *props*

Damn hopping would be suicidal, it would be more along the lines of sitting near in the grass and watching the railroad... And even that would be dangerous, you never know you could think that a incoming train would be a sweet edible.

Richard57

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
swetish fire steel- get like 3000 strikes, strikes even when wet. stole mine from a Dick's no prob.
MiniOrange.jpg

telescoping fishing pole- i dont know, i like fishing, and easting fish you catch is free and easy. had it for a yearr and a half, weighs like a pound, and takes up no room. and this little tackle box thing, which is 3x6x.5 inches. but ii guess kinda useless to the people who stick around the cities/towns more.
telescopic.jpg

tarp
key chain pepper spray- them gangstas give me goosebumps. no offense to gangstas

BEEF JERKY

little fist aid kit- couple alcohol pads, bandiads, and this spray stuff, got a cut that was uncleansed, got infrected and sucked for like a month. learned my lesson.

milk jug-(full of water) down south gets hot, NO WATER=NO LIFE.

oh yeah, and those little sterno cans, they are really cheap, its like gel fire fuel, and you can use it to cook soup and stuff, easy to light. look it up
or the penny stove is useful, if you want to carry around a bottle of non drinking alcohol.

Mako -Zombie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Tarp
Sleeping bag
Small plastic sheet container bag I stole from wal mart containing: 6 pairs of socks, 2 pairs of underware and 1 shirt
Small fold up pot with fold up pocket stove inside as well as fuel bricks inside of stove.
Atlas
Small tin with medicines
Water
Solar lites, the top half. They're about the size of a hokey puck or smaller. Steal them from peoples yards, can find real small ones with on off switches. Strap them on your bag during the day and your good to go forever.
Sewing kit.
Multi tool
Mean looking knife
Water purification tablets
Vitamins

I'm super compulsive with my bag everytime I get something new I feel the need to ditch an object so my bag is always organized perfectly. I'm probably the most organized traveler you'll meet.

Reaction score
rememberusername said:
it yells "TRAIN DONT HIT ME!!!!!!! but BULL PLEASE SEE ME!!!!"

what is the use for this jacket??? and what is a rail spike?? Im thinking of doing the train thing but have no freakin idea were to start or ... well basically i have no idea. can you give some tips!

sgssl3

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
lite is best

what you have on when you wake +
2jackets/hoodedsweaters
gloves
beanie
soap
toothbrush
steal a small thing of toothpaste
compass
maps
flint
swiss knife
socks x3
shoes (steal if you can) or dumpster sum, when ones wear go to shit

thats it for me, i put all this in a hikers bag

xDaveyXGloryx

Reaction score
Great idea on bringing the scanner. I would also suggest getting the tactical earpiece along with it. they are not that expensive and it quietly transmits the information directly into your ear. Ideal for those situations where you need quiet but can't miss out on knowing the bulls' next move. They're not expensive and can be ordered from most catalogs selling tactical gear or stores that specialize in police equipment. Stay away from the Galls catalog though everything in it is a complete rip off. The earpiece is compatible with most models of Motorola. Remember that most jurisdictions run on different bands and unfortunately multiband scanner radios are very expensive. However, the three most common bands used in municipal and private settings are 800MHZ, UHF, and, VHF. I'm in EMT so in addition to knowing how to treat injury and illness I know a little something about radios.

R

Rstank

has anyone said a bomb sewing kit yet....and idk a nice gauge kit with extra jewelry and cleaning & moisturizing oils for body mods......not sure if anyone said it or not....if not yeah.....its a good idea

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
Great idea on bringing the scanner. I would also suggest getting the tactical earpiece along with it. they are not that expensive and it quietly transmits the information directly into your ear. Ideal for those situations where you need quiet but can't miss out on knowing the bulls' next move. They're not expensive and can be ordered from most catalogs selling tactical gear or stores that specialize in police equipment. Stay away from the Galls catalog though everything in it is a complete rip off. The earpiece is compatible with most models of Motorola. Remember that most jurisdictions run on different bands and unfortunately multiband scanner radios are very expensive. However, the three most common bands used in municipal and private settings are 800MHZ, UHF, and, VHF. I'm in EMT so in addition to knowing how to treat injury and illness I know a little something about radios.
I just use regular cheap headphones, works fine. I guess tactical stuff is always fun to play with though.

Apples

Reaction score
Am i the only one who brings a homemade first aid kit? Everything is small and light. I started carrying one when I was hiking on the Appalachian Trail now i bring it on all my adventures.

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
Am i the only one who brings a homemade first aid kit? Everything is small and light. I started carrying one when I was hiking on the Appalachian Trail now i bring it on all my adventures.

Well, 1st aid kits have to be tailored to the skill level of the individual, so my kit is probably more extensive than most others in the realm of trauma care, and I wouldn't post what I carry in mine since it won't do anyone any good. I guess your kit also depends how often you get injured or come across injuries, too. But to answer your question, most people I know don't carry first aid kits with them, when its so easy to contaminate them and so easy to go duck into a pharmacy.

skelabunny

Reaction score
what I carry...
-water jug I can clip onto myself
-sleepbag (I need a new one)
-multi-tool
-duct tape
-flashlights
-batterys
-sharpies
-pad of paper
-small box with floss, couple sewing needles, a razor/small scissors
-gloves and a pair of fingerless gloves
-socks
-2 pairs of jeans
-few t-shirts

What I usually wear...
-my leather coat
-zip up hoodie
-thermo pants (under my jeans)
(sometimes a thermo shirt under my t-shirt on uber cold days)
-comfy bra
-T-shirt

I also have a small travel sewing machine. I like to make things like stuff bunnies, patches, random crap to sell while I spange.

THINGS I NEED TO GET BEFORE I LEAVE TO TRAVEL AGAIN-
new sleeping bag
boots
knife
maybe a tent?
and of course... a hiking pack

ANY OTHER IDEAS ON WHAT I SHOULD TRY AND GET??

Reactions: todd

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
KY jelly..has wwaayyyy more uses than just sex. u never know when ull need to get something unstuck

lice

Reaction score
i would think of packing some kind of a weapon or something you can defend your self with just in case, maybe a small club or bat. something you could throw away in case you see the cops coming and not miss it too much in case you can't go back and get.

i carry a knife in my pocket but i also carry a sockey(rock at the bottom of a sock) which ive never had to use but would it be considered a deadly weapon? cuz it would definatley bust someones head open

Wolfeyes

Reaction score
KY jelly..has wwaayyyy more uses than just sex. u never know when ull need to get something unstuck

Put it on the door handles of a bull's car or if they leave it unlocked, the steering wheel. Might slow them down:p
Use it as an oil slick when somebody's chasing you.
Put it on a 40, then leave it in an area heavily trafficked by homebums and enjoy the show...

One thing I never travel without: a P38 can opener. Takes some getting used to, but once you get the hang of it it's a breeze to open cans. They're small, and light weight, so carry two or three in various places. Get them at surplus stores or gun/knife shows.

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
Put it on the door handles of a bull's car or if they leave it
Put it on a 40, then leave it in an area heavily trafficked by homebums and enjoy the show...

Im now obligated to do this. but ill have to drink it and fill it with apple juice first.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads