2009 Jamboree - StP Fest III - Slab City, CA; Oct 8th-11th 2009 | Page 4 | Squat the Planet

2009 Jamboree StP Fest III - Slab City, CA; Oct 8th-11th 2009

This thread prefix is for threads related to the 2009 Jamboree.
Status
Not open for further replies.

madewithpaint

Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
heading to the bay area, will be there in a few days, if anyone wants to ride/hitch down with me. let me know. or call my phone.
563-607-3443

i could soooo use that ride, but sadly i don't think i can go anymore.
i'd have to leave on the 9th and be back early on the 11th which is kind of tricky.
damn commitments...
:cry:

Drunken Hearted Man

Reaction score
I'm going to be hopping down from Portland this week, I'd love to say I'm going to make it for sure, but without someone to kick my ass there's a good possibility I'll end up getting sidetracked (i.e drunk) and miss it. I'll do my best though.

shrimpcrime

Reaction score
hey, im going to be riding trains from oakland down to stp fest and am looking for a travel partner...planning to leave sometime around october 5, if anyone's interested, send me a message...(also, id potentially be down to leave from roseville or san jose to go along coast down to s.l. obisbo and then on south to stp fest, but probably easier to just go outta oakland...)

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
well i had a mental "spoof" i guess you could call it so I dont think i'll be going. Plus i just cant afford the gas anymore. no money and trust me, flying a sign will not be enough. its almost $100 to fill my tank and that gets me around 330 miles. plus i just have no drive. stupid mental funk.

sprout

Reaction score
Well, I may end up at this. I am shooting to be in Central Oregon in a few days then riding down the coast. Anyone wants to ride with me, shoot me a message.

STAYING ALIVE

Reaction score
well, i just realized that this event is coming up fast! im looking at greyhound tickets right now, but im not sure how close i can get to slab city before i have to hitch... niland doesn't show up on their city search! anyone know? or is there anyone coming from a nearby city that i can get a greyhound to that i can then get a ride with to the fest?

im gona be coming from indio
i suggest you get off there and take the bus to mecca

hartage

Reaction score
well i had a mental "spoof" i guess you could call it so I dont think i'll be going. Plus i just cant afford the gas anymore. no money and trust me, flying a sign will not be enough. its almost $100 to fill my tank and that gets me around 330 miles. plus i just have no drive. stupid mental funk.

That sucks, your van is a thirsty beast at around 10 mpg. There were other people riding with you in the van. Do you think everyone flying signs all day could get enough together ? After coming down as far as you have from seattle would suck if the last little bit kept you from going. Wish I could pitch in but right now funds is a massive issue for me. Hope to see you at slab !

wokofshame

Reaction score
Website
www.weather.gov
nyat, count me out. i'm really just too excited for snowmaking to start this year and gotta be nailing down my den in the north country for the season. in Houston TX and headed NE. this'll be the 2nd awesome party i miss this fall. have fun for me

drunken marauder

Reaction score
Damn I wanted to hear about Central America....

connerR

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Well today my worst suspicions have been confirmed.

i will NOT be able to get a generator, as previously planned. The people who were going to loan it to me (friends of my dad's) have refused to loan it out to anyone.

Sorry guys. If generators are still needed, I'd suggest renting one. I'm not sure how much they are, but it looks like it may be expensive. Perhaps look at United Rentals or Home Depot/Lowes? I work at Home Depot right now so I can get some quotes - no employee discount, unfortunately.

Again, sorry about that. :(

In other news, I'll be there Friday for sure, it seems. Saturday I'm trying to get off of work. :/

See ya all soon!

FREDDiEWBD

Reaction score
hey all, i would really love to get to stp fest!
i am currently kickin it with nails(drunkheartedman) in the pdx area.
we're going to be heading down that way regardless, but at the rate we're going, making it to the fest seems a little out of reach. =[
anyone heading down there in a vehicle maybe that would have room for 2 people & 2 dogs?
WILL HAVE CASHFLOW! lol
& i have a valid drivers license.
we can help with gas, ciggs, beer, driving.. whatever.

moonbeam

Reaction score
heading out tomorrow with two friends. were coming from the SFV/LA area. no car but if anyone is heading out tomorrow and has space for three we got gas money etc.

N

NickCofphee

Hey yall. Just got word that Black Sparrow Press can play. They're really good. And very broke. They asked if I could give $40 for gas so they can get back to LA after it's over. They have gas to get out there.

I'm broke,too. But I'm going to what I can to give to them. Can anyone here who can spare it of course chip in a few bucks? If 15 people threw in 2 bucks each, that would cover it. I'll get what I can in the next few days.

Got $20 down.

I talked to one of the guys in the band and he said he might get another band to play as well that he knows, so we'll see...

N

NickCofphee

Fuck yeah! Checked the weather report and it will be a little cooler than I thought, highs late 80's to mid nineties. Remember that's with no humidity so it's definitely tolerable.

That also means nights (and I slept out close to here recently) will be a little chilly. Which means the hot springs there will be fucking amazing after dark.

JoeGerminate

Reaction score
I will be driving out from Orange County on friday, coming back (early-ish) sunday. Will be driving out via 10 to 111 route. If you need a ride from OC or anywhere on this route PM me. I got 3 empty seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads