Scabies!

smellsea

Reaction score
scabies

the most trecherous, torture known to man kind. sarcoptous scabei. it is not funny, or cute. you arn't apart of the crustus quo just because choking victim wrote a song about it. it's so danm contagious, i caught it from sharing a 40 with some one. ugh, so rediculous and un-called for. don't even go within a ten foot radius of them. so if you do get it, as soon as you start to notice little itchy red bumps on your butt or inner theighs - where i got the pleasure of scratching raw for 3 days, cover it in tea tree if you have it and then hit the emergency room for permetherin. i got lucky, my old man had a former perscription for it and i didn't have to go threw that shit. but... did have to come up with 45$ for it. weak sauce.

smellyskelly

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
scabies

wait.. you dont got them no more right? cause you said you got them from sharing a 40, we kept sharing beer most of the night on saturday, lol. this worries me a tad

SpaceCadet

Reaction score
scabies

If you go to the doctor, they give you a cream that has sparkles in it (or at least it looks like it). I lived in a house with 6 other people and one girl got the scabies and we all ended up with it...she had insurance though and got us all the shiny cream we needed!

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
scabies

I got it once and didn't have insurance or money, So I went and got shitfaced and caused a public disturbance on a weekend and got arrested so the cops had the privelage of getting rid of them for me!

Reactions: wildboy860

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
scabies

ive had scabies 3 times...the first time i got the cream and it went away...the next 2 times it just went away aftre a week...true story...same with staph infections my body kicks its ass

Sounds more like you got mange- when critters get that small, they can get awfully particular about what they need from their hosts- which is why you have different kinds of lice that can only attach to certain kinds of hair. But maybe you're odd enough so that they can't make babies with your blood and blood.

JayJayOnTheFly

Reaction score
in eugene we crashed in a dumpster with this kid who was living in it i member himn sayin something about scabies but i was drunk i dident care then like a week later my gf gets scabies and get this cream shit for it and im like i dont have no fucking scabies but she fucking says i do but i dont have any itchie red spots or anything dubya tee eff

matthew

Reaction score
You should throw your sleeping bag away. I got scabies from a sleeping bag that had been put up and maybe used once outside. My doctor told me sleeping bags are usually where you pick them up, but you can get them anywhere. Look in the webs of your fingers. They usually nest there. They look like black dots under the skin.

bote

Reaction score
i think i got it from one of you over the internet, this is a seriously dirty site...

then again, it was probably the old sleeping bag that guy gave me last week. No fun either way

Wikipedia suggests using Sulfur soap. ANybody have any experience with this?

Skankin Jerry

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I've never had scabies, but I've known people who got them from housing this kid who had them and he slept on their stuff.

Shingles are the worst though, and I had them for a couple weeks on my upper body at the beginning of last summer. I have scars from the water blistering. Pretty sure shingles comes from exposure to chicken pox at an older age in combination with stress and not having had the chicken pox vaccine, though.

MoKarnagexvx

Reaction score
Website
www.anarchymo.wordpress.com
Richmond is having a fucking crazy scabies outbreak. Brought to us by 3 different people, I'm pretty sure all of us at RVA Food Not Bombs and the Wingnut are contaminated. Fucking sucks, I really don't want to deal with it. ugh. So much fabric to wash. Blows. I'll let you know how it goes. I think like 20 or so of us are contaminated, at least.

tallhorseman

Reaction score
You need to check for birds in your crib. Birds carry scabies, so if they build a nest above you, the little bastards are constantly dropping into your stuff.

hassysmacker

Reaction score
(Scabies is sooooooo freeking contagious that "EVERYTHING" has to be decontaminated)!!! Bedrolls, clothing, mattresses, entire pillows, and even in some bad cases, the carpeting!!![/I][/B]
You have to sterilize everything that you have come in contact with, in other words!!! --"Shoestring"------------

How the fuck do sterilize a mattress?! I can't throw that in a washer/dryer!

spoorprint

Reaction score
Wrap the mattress in airtight plastic for a few weeks.

A friend made a really important point- people shouldn't use each others sleeping bags,
don't even grab one to use as a comforter.

Would bleach help in laundering? You can keep the bleach from burning your cloths
by putting it -maybe half a cup? in a two liter pop bottle, then topping off the bottle
with water, shaking it (lid On) then adding it to a FULL washer. Just call me Martha.

jellyfish

Reaction score
scabies are fucking EVERYWHERE it seems. my roomie just got them but i suppose you could call it okay timing because i was moving my shit out anyway. BUT YES. used his permitherin cream as a procaution, super hot shower with tons of antibacterial soap. no rash yet so i'm hoping that the little itch i got goin is just dry skin [damn winter]. washed all my shit with TONS of soap in hot water and damn near fried the stuff in the dryer. threw out my bedding. now wheres my damn neem oil. WISH ME LUCK!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads