Scabies!

arice

Reaction score
Okay so scabies are absolutely terrible. I would not wish them upon my worst enemy. But for some reason or another, I've gotten them 3 times in like 6 months. Each time I've used permethrin cream, washed everything like a mad women, done everything i was told to do. BUT THEY COME BACK.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any other ways to cull scabies. permethrin cream is a carcinogenic so i really don't want to ever use it again.. but i can't stand scabies either... :die:

S

Seldom Seen Smith

if they keep coming back they might be laying eggs on all your shit. you need to decontaminate everything you own and if that is not working THROW THE SHIT OUT!!!!

i have heard of people making pastes with neem oil and tree tea oil. i'm not exactly sure how it works. i'm sure a quick google search will be beneficial. sorry i'm not much help but that's all i know about treating scabies. thankfully i have never gotten them.

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
Can you tell us all the steps you've taken? That way we can figure out if you're missing something. Also, do you know if this is happening to any of your friends? People might just be infecting each other in a cycle. Also, you don't have to wash everything if you can heat it enough to kill anything living inside.

arice

Reaction score
Well once I get the permethrin, I strip my bed, all my clothes, jackets, everything... wash them in hot water, dry them. then i even put them in plastic bags and left it outside since the cold kills scabies (I live in vermont). then i put the permethrin on, sleep on clean sheets, wear clean clothes... wake up shower, and two weeks later put another application on.

I know a couple of my friends had it to, which is where i got it the first time, but we all treated it around the same time.. it may be like vicious sharing of scabies.. which sucks hhaha.

I don't know. I just don't want scabies anymore. I think the house i'm living in is a breeding ground for them and i can't wait to move out. i'm just looking for a natural remedy, and was hoping someone here had one that they personally tried out and had work.

arice

Reaction score
if they keep coming back they might be laying eggs on all your shit. you need to decontaminate everything you own and if that is not working THROW THE SHIT OUT!!!!

i have heard of people making pastes with neem oil and tree tea oil. i'm not exactly sure how it works. i'm sure a quick google search will be beneficial. sorry i'm not much help but that's all i know about treating scabies. thankfully i have never gotten them.

I wish i could afford to throw everything i own out. hahah

I

IBRRHOBO

The reality is you MAY HAVE TO! Obviously, the multiple regimines are not working. Subjectively speaking this could be due to: a) the percentage is too low in your topical ointment; you are around others who are NOT diligently pursuing a course of treatment; c) as it appears you're in a rural, farming community, the structure, accoutrements, beds, etc. are dilapidated thus allowing for infestation.

Seldom is DEAD ON here! The reality is this: you must eradicate, COMPLETELY, the scabies! Additionally, in re: 'a)' you may need to get a prescription strength medication. Let's keep this real here, too. Mother Nature is real neat and all, but sooner or later you'll come to the realization that you will either bleed to death, slip into psychosis from lack of sleep or kill the motherfuckers with a VENGENCE!

Drop into Burlington's Free Clinic. Been there a lot myself, good folks! And remember, if you don't clean ur shit and get the fuck outta the breeding ground where they are at, the script means shit!

arice

Reaction score
The reality is you MAY HAVE TO! Obviously, the multiple regimines are not working. Subjectively speaking this could be due to: a) the percentage is too low in your topical ointment; you are around others who are NOT diligently pursuing a course of treatment; c) as it appears you're in a rural, farming community, the structure, accoutrements, beds, etc. are dilapidated thus allowing for infestation.

Seldom is DEAD ON here! The reality is this: you must eradicate, COMPLETELY, the scabies! Additionally, in re: 'a)' you may need to get a prescription strength medication. Let's keep this real here, too. Mother Nature is real neat and all, but sooner or later you'll come to the realization that you will either bleed to death, slip into psychosis from lack of sleep or kill the motherfuckers with a VENGENCE!

Drop into Burlington's Free Clinic. Been there a lot myself, good folks! And remember, if you don't clean ur shit and get the fuck outta the breeding ground where they are at, the script means shit!

bahh,thanks. scabies are terrible little fuckers. I'm definitely going to just get rid of everything then, lather up in permethrin, and pray to the hobo gods that scabies will be out of my life soon.

veggieguy12

The Captain
Reaction score
My friend in Portland had scabies, and I helped to get rid of them. And I didn't get 'em!

We threw all the clothes and bed sheets into a dryer to roast the bugs, then garbage-bagged the clothes and left 'em sealed for a couple weeks. We also used Dr. Bronner's peppermint castille soap to wash with, while drinking a tincture (a few drops of black walnut extract and a few drops of dragonseal in a glass of water - terrible) a few times daily.
My friend also got covered in the aforementioned cream, which we created just by mixing some neem oil (liquid) into a store-supplied body lotion/moisturizer.
I shared the room, but never got any itchin' going on, and within a few days everything was okay all-around.

wartomods

Reaction score
immolation is the solution, now seriously, i just got sensible when i saw a picture in wikipedia regarding scabies in a pacient without immune system (he had aids)

Angela

Wandering But Not Lost Yet
Reaction score
rememberusername said:
As for scabies, I couldnt ever tell whether they went away or not.. I seemed to itch ever since I first got them 2 years ago.

uhhuh...., thanks for warning us. Remind us to keep a safe distance from you if you go to the gathering in April. :hysterical: Just kidding, I tend to have really dry/itchy skin also but it's not scabies thankfully.

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
...since the cold kills scabies (I live in vermont)....
The cold may kill scabies, but it might not kill the eggs, the eggs are what you have to kill using heat. I don't think just hot water is enough unless it is scalding hot, which most washing machines will not be able to do. Eggs are tricky business.

C

Coyote

i heard diesel fuel works but i dont know you can try it if you want me i have the same problem they keep coming back i had them for 4 months close to half a year i used lindane and they still came back put all the shit you wear in a big black bag tie it shut leave em in that bag for a couple weeeks at the most and they should die and if the sun is out leave the bag in the sun and never sleep in a hippies bed

jabbyscabby

Reaction score
HAS HIT AUBURN CA..............ahhhhhh
TOWNIES are spreading it as we speak!!!
i know 6 people who have already gotten it!
Im scratching like a mofo as well. IM PISSED

belleZ

Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
i never ever want to relive scabies.

i dont wish those bastards upon my worst enemy. it took two treatments, bagging all my clothes, bed stuff, and etc in garbage bags for like a week. sleeping with everything covered in plastic. it was fucking awful. i still have scars from the scratching.

Shoestring

Professional Hobo
Banned
Reaction score
Rolling, empty boxcars to Sioux Falls, South Dakot
Website
www.youtube.com
Hello.
Here is some pretty extensive information that I came up for you.
(If you have not gotten ride of your Scabies yet, that is)......

If your getting reinfested, you may not even have Scabies at all, but another parasite called "Collembola"!
It's another borrowing mite and is almost as contagious as the Scabie mite, but is treated a bit different.
Also, are you still hanging with friends that have been near you since your first infestation??? If so, you'll "ALL" have to complete treatment!!! (Scabies is sooooooo freeking contagious that "EVERYTHING" has to be decontaminated)!!! Bedrolls, clothing, mattresses, entire pillows, and even in some bad cases, the carpeting!!!
You have to sterilize everything that you have come in contact with, in other words!!!
(I believe you when you said how you'd not wish them even on your worse enemies)! They "ARE" bad!!!

"Mitactin" is a non-toxic treatment that you can get without a prescription, and can be bought, (or stolen) at most pharmacies.
(It's fairly expensive is the reason I stated that all-too-farmilliar word, "Steal"). lol!
From the research I have done on Scabies, this "Mitactin" would be your best bet at getting them from your body, at least start here first, then you can work on the other infested items once you feel better first, this way you'll be able to think straight!
When you go into the pharmacy, just remember the name "MITE", for the "MITACTIN", this way you'll have a better chance at remembering the name.......(If you're bad like me with keeping lists).

190px-Sarcoptes_scabei_2.jpg This is a photo of the "Scabie" mite. (Whew, this is a bad ass looking beeeeotch)!!!

As well as "Mitactin" working on "Scabies", it too can work at ridding "Crabs"!
"ANY" mite can be attacked with this Mitactin, but works best on the Scabie mite.
(VERY GOOD LUCK at getting these under control "arice")!!!!!!!

--"Shoestring"------------

tumtum

Reaction score
ahh i just re-lived my experience with them from reading all this. like everyone else has said, seal up all your clothes and bedding for a couple weeks. so that when the eggs hatch the bugs will die. the cream worked alright for me i ended up using it like 3 times. and if you have friends that have them be careful around them because these things are very contagious.

also- it helps to vacuum really well and then empty it outside afterwards. or else the buggers will crawl right back out.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads