Scabies!

Mr. Expendable

Reaction score
Fuck man hope your alright on the scabies two of my friends moms got them one was from bird mites which i guess are a type of scabies the burrow and lay eggs all the same... the worst I've gotten bug wise if fleas and ticks.... I grew my hair out long and nappy and no showers.. you know... and when i cut it all off there was a whole nest of those fucks..."What the fuck is that shit" my bro said "Hahaha they did'nt bug me so more power to em i guess".... same thing with rats if they don't keep me up ill leave them out table scraps

Jankem

Reaction score
It seems like they have been all over Richmond. Im sure i've been around people who have them. I had an extra tube of cream lying around, so disinfected myself and washed everything just to be sure. Those things really suck.

Crisp

Reaction score
haha arice i didn't know you were on stp.i just got fucking scabies and it's pissing me the fuck off. i don't want to go to the ER so i'm gonna try sulfur cream. i hope i can get rid of this shit before these kids kick me out of their van.

distro

Reaction score
dude i said that same thing "i would not wish this upon my greatest enemy" scabies sucks and mine doesnt seem to go away...weird though...it seems when i was myself they come back...when im dirty they dont bother me. i like to put them under really hot water...aaahhh...it feels so fucking good. good luck!

ayron

Reaction score
ive got a mild infestation crawlin about my skin and ive done some thinking and resherch into these little shits and how to kill em with out killing me...

a)teetreeoil is amazing! just smother your body with it and its gone over night practicly!
b) sulfer creams are about seccond the best thing you can apply to rid them, and you dont need a pusher (doctor) to get it i think.
c) shower in hot fuckin water, is also a good way to kill them. but if you do this remember baby steps, you dont need jump in a steeming hot shower off the bat
d) these things are living in and off our skin, i imagine that if you ate a solid alkaline diet when your body chem is alkaline it is impossible for cancers to grow, sickness to develop or parasites to live in the body, so im sure the same would apply to your skin. the best way to do this is to drink lots of water with a 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda per glass

good luck guys!

outskirts

I ain't getting any younger.
Reaction score
scabies

ive had scabies 3 times...the first time i got the cream and it went away...the next 2 times it just went away aftre a week...true story...same with staph infections my body kicks its ass

Some people just have odd immune systems. Hell I have an immunity to Lyme disease but don't
even come near me if you have Srep throat.
I've never had scabies, and sure as hell never wanna get them!

Dmac

Reaction score
after getting the cream for your body, run everything that you can through a dryer on the hottest/cotton setting. and everyone in your group has to do it too.

dprogram

Reaction score
How can I tell if I may have gotten infested? I slept on an old but clean "looking" mattress outside under a bridge in Memphis for a week. I've got some small bumps that look like chill bumps now. Kinda itchy but I was hoping that was from my sunburn. I'm back home and don't want anyone else to get it if indeed I do.

ayyyjayyy

Godzillerator
Reaction score
your chest, palms, elbows and sometimes shins and stomach will start itching incessantly. you will itch so bad it keeps you up at night and or wakes you up. youll pretty much scratch your skin raw. i had it on my chest a few years back from god knows what (i thought it was from the dog (tiny puppy who i held on my chest for hours at a vet) i found and was sick and had bugs but found out you cant get it from animals), but was sleeping in a lot of punk houses around town in the summer, but yeah. i didnt have bumps that i can remember, i dont remember being able to see anything but the redness from scratching :/ catch that shit early though because it is hell. took me a week or two and then we got em again-maybe just clean everything and get some cream just as a precautionary. itd be way worth it to not have to get to the point of scratching i did.

dprogram

Reaction score
I've seen pics but that's always after it gets bad on people. I think I will be proactive since I'm now at home and have the resources to handle it. As a "just in case" precaution. I'm a little itchy like I said with small bumps especially on inside of my forearms but without any redness. Inside of my knees and backs of my legs itch too. Hrm. I was wearing the same shorts and t-shirt for a week so maybe I can just take care of those in really hot water, bathe incessantly, and try the creams. Also wondering if my itchiness may be a mental thing from me reading all the horror stories involved with this shit. Thanks!

ayyyjayyy

Godzillerator
Reaction score
yeah forearms are definitely a spot. knees and legs yeah. maybe so. umm, the itchiness could definitely be a mental thing but it will progress/get worse if you actually do have it. definitely wash your clothes, sheets, if you can afford to get lysol, it will kill them and i just read this on the internet-

Begin by vacuuming furniture or mattresses. Apply a hot iron to the surface without placing too much pressure, in order to avoid scorching. Wash chairs with hot soapy water. If necessary, follow by spraying the furniture with permethrin. In addition, car seats and strollers should be sprayed. Allow them to air-dry prior to use.

i would definitely just spray the fuck out of everything with lysol. ugh. sorry you have to potentially deal with that bullshit. its awful. my whole fucking family and my boyfriend and i got it! it was seriously so sad and awful. if i think of anything else helpful ill let you know.

dprogram

Reaction score
Thanks. As the day has progressed so have the symptoms. More itchiness and more bumpiness. I just got home from living under that bridge yesterday so maybe I can stomp this shit quick! Lysol to the Rescue!!! At least I stay in my room and at this computer most of the time. I'll have to clean the kitchen chairs but I should be good. Hopefully. Oh and thanks again!

Edit: I just washed my sheets, clothes from that week, and anything they touched with the hottest setting on the machine, Doused everything in my room with a full can of Lysol, took the hottest shower I ever have taken, then immediately covered myself in hand sanitizer. Maybe that will help. I'm getting a bit paranoid. LOL

dprogram

Reaction score
Dangit! Now I have red bumps all over my legs. Argh! Itchy Itchy. Guess I'm going to the Health Dept. tomorrow. Damn.

crampicide

Reaction score
if you have access to common house hold herbs and spices,

i would dump the entire contents of rosemary, thyme, basil, or any other spicey-pungent herb into a stock pot, dump about half of olive oil (canola if thats all youve got) heat it up until the oil is discolored, dump it into a hot bath and soak. do this a lot.

if you have access further to more plants, eucalyptus oil dumped in a bath with usually do it mixed with rosemary or lavenendar. careful cause eucalyptus makes your mucus membranes burn but it isnt dangerous to you if diluted properly.

there are also on the self medications but they are bad for your skin and hardly work.

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
had a few 'scares' before, but not the real thing. think i have one of those super immune systems. im glad i always have tea tree oil in my pack.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads