peeling away inbetween my toes?!? | Squat the Planet

peeling away inbetween my toes?!?

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
so.. I was at a festival and I wore the same socks for like 3 days in a row and they got all sweaty and shit and then a few days later when I went to shower I noticed that the skin inbetween my toes had started to peel away. anyone know what this is or what I could do?

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
Widerstand's got it, most likely athlete's foot. Clean it up, treat with antifungals (maybe a strong astringent for a few days before the antifungals) for a week or two, while wearing clean socks. The rest of you must not get out that much.

Angela

Wandering But Not Lost Yet
Reaction score
This doesn't even sound like athlete's foot unless it's itching. Just scrape off the stuff between your toes and it'll be fine. This is basically the same thing that happens if you soak your feet for awhile in water, the upper layer of skin kinda schlufs off. Don't worry it's not harmful at all.

Reaction score
so you should pee on it, really urine cures anything external on the skin. if you are uncomfortable with your fluids just rub some tea tree oil, that will also work. i guess its just a choice weather you want a stinky urine bum foot, or a stinking hippie oil foot.

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
This doesn't even sound like athlete's foot unless it's itching. Just scrape off the stuff between your toes and it'll be fine. This is basically the same thing that happens if you soak your feet for awhile in water, the upper layer of skin kinda schlufs off. Don't worry it's not harmful at all.

I hadn't thought of the possibility that someone would ask about that if it weren't painful/raw or itchy or uncomfortable in some way...

kai

Reaction score
if you got ocean (or any salt water) to soak your feet in it's good, tea tree oil, pissing on your feet and oil of oregano all work well for me.

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
yeoump! it's athletes foot. AH! I hate it when that happens man, I get a red rash and it dries up then peels away it fuckin sucks ass I just soaked it in warm sea salt water and put lotion on.

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
Technically, tea tree oil/piss/salt water don't really kill the fungi all that well, they repress it enough so that your body can fight it off better, but if it gets in too deep and too long, then you'll have to get the store bought stuff to kill it. So if you catch it quickly, home remedies should work, but otherwise any store bought stuff should work as long as you are consistent and diligent about applying it. This is the reason why medical studies are not too keen on the home remedies, they only test on pretty advanced cases.

soymilkshakes

Reaction score
I've been rubbing oil from garlic cloves and soaking my foot in hot salt water and the nasty has cleared up almost completely. I highly suggest it; hasn't been long enough to tell if it's gone for good, but the garlic stops the itching immediately.

bote

Reaction score
not knocking the home remedies, but as an off and on sufferer of swamp foot with the skin of the irish, I say save yourself the pain and go get some antifungal ointment and apply diligently for the prescribed week or two, then get 12 pairs of socks and take them with you everywhere you go and keep your feet good, or at least get some talcum powder, like goldbond or what have you, the smoke jumpers special, and keep your feet dry. Because trust me, you do not want to let skin problems drag on.

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
can peroxide be magical in this situation aswell ?

Peroxide works by bombarding whatever it contacts with oxygen as a free radical, so while it can suppress ringworm, because it doesn't penetrate- it probably won't get rid of it by itself. It may suppress it to the point that your bodys defenses will kill it off.

Puddles

Reaction score
Happens to me a lot. Just dry skin that peels off. Sometimes it cracks, pusses a little, and hurts, but if you wash your feet, put on some lotion and a clean pair of cotton socks, it'll handle itself. Careful not to let your feet dry out too much, but avoid getting them wet. Really, stay up on a good moisturizer and you're cured.

WapatoGreyer

Reaction score
Website
themossikeepinmypockets.tumblr.com
Happens to me a lot. Just dry skin that peels off. Sometimes it cracks, pusses a little, and hurts, but if you wash your feet, put on some lotion and a clean pair of cotton socks, it'll handle itself. Careful not to let your feet dry out too much, but avoid getting them wet. Really, stay up on a good moisturizer and you're cured.

Yeah. I get this from time-to-time. It's never itchy, just sometimes painful because it gets kind of raw.. but I've noticed clean feet that stay away from sweaty or otherwise wet socks don't get this problem, at least with my own feetsies

so maybe be aware if your feet are too sweaty, or if your shoes leak and socks are always wet or something, it might be related to those things.

Pr0ta90n15t

Reaction score
Had this before, during and after iraq, would come and go. Doc always said piss on it.
Gross habit but every shower before soaping up I pee on my feet. Haven't had much issue since coming back 2 years ago.
Golden showers.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads