peeling away inbetween my toes?!?

Cardboard

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
for me its a funny thought to try to cure this crap, if you are a full time traveller. not only do you need to cure your feet, but also clean your shoes and socks, untill it clears up. I have had this for years now, and honestly just gotten used to it. It kind of sucks knowing that I give it to whoever I share showers with, but I know if I go through the trouble to clear it up, another week after without changing my socks or shoes I will have it again. I always carry around tons of socks, so its easy enough to have freshies on hand, but the shoes are the problem. its not everyday I can clean them in such a good way, and have time for them to dry before I want to wear them again.

cranberrydavid

Reaction score
The best cure for this is to find a tropical beach with cheap beer, then throw away your boots and go barefoot. The sun, sand and salt will kill the crud while the beer takes care of the itching.

Nelco

Reaction score
Wash yo' feet nigga!

outskirts

I ain't getting any younger.
Reaction score
Prevention is the best way to deal with these foot problems.
Always carry an extra pair of shoes and treat the insides of both pairs of your shoes with tea tree oil, antifungal spray, or
whatever you prefer. Don't keep your feet in saturated boots all damn day, let your feet air out for a while before
changing socks and boots. Always make sure you have fresh socks on hand to change into, socks are not that hard to
handwash and dry. Keeping toenails clipped helps too, fungus likes to hang out there and ingrown nails can get infected.
A cheap pair of rubber flipflops will help prevent you from picking up fungus in questionable
bathing places. Also if your concerned with blisters, have a few bandaids on hand if you feel a blister starting.
Both flipflops and bandaids weigh practically nothing and will save you a lot of foot trouble.

I grew up watching my grandfather suffer from the aftermath of the trenchfoot he got in WWII, that and I have
my own foot issues due to having had frostbite. So yeah, I'm a little more vigilant about my feet than most.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads