Mini StP Gathering: Mardi Gras?

Gypsybones

Reaction score
Website
highonwheels.tumblr.com
okay, i feel like since im one of the only people that are actually living in nola right now that I should organize this a bit.

yes, fat tuesday is on the 16th of feb. i can tell you from experience that getting in or out of here the day before is going to be damn near impossible.

so, what i propose is that everyone shoot for feb 8th! it's a monday. get here a few days before if you like, that way you get situated. monday every week is also punx kickball in the park, which is at the corner of piety and royal street:

Google Maps Link

This is also near the best bar in the french quarter, St Roch Tavern! 6 dollar pitchers of PBR (one of the only bars in town that has pitchers, and they're only $4.50 on mondays, i.e. kick ball day) and they never, ever, card! this is THE dirty kid bar in New Orleans.

There are more than enough squats and places to crash here, so hit me up if you need help!

I was going to suggest st. roch but its not in the Quarter and aunt tikis is and easer to find. (St. roch is in the marigny ) I figured after we got a good crowd we could migrate up that way, since I use to live in nola I figured meeting in the quarter then going up to the roch would not only be easier but safer.
but you are correct Sir. the roch is the dirty kid bar and no carding happens, and the pabst does taste mighty fine. :agreed:

so I say we can meet in the quarter on whatever date you settle on and then we head to st. roch :mummy:via kickball game (i'll bring the pbr kickball)
does this sound good? :drinking:

Gypsybones

Reaction score
Website
highonwheels.tumblr.com
hahahaha we all just have a meet up spot and crash as many parties as we can on the way take beer then when were all together we show eachother wat we got in our party goodie bag lol:drinking::drinking::drinking:

dude your first beer is on me for having that tatt

M

Monkeywrench

Alright, so I know no one will be set to come down on a certain date.. because who knows who will be coming in on what, but are we all cool with meeting at either one of these bars?

I can just see the look on the face of the barowner now, watching 10-15 dirty kids roll in.

..and screw the Flyers, GO CAPS! :)

hg14

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Website
hg14p.webs.com
man wish I was headed out, I'm gonna miss out, it shitty to be stuck in a city with the hardest way to get out of, but wanna spange some more here some more. people are fucking tight wads

M

Monkeywrench

Careful in Key West, Peregrin. Some dirty kids I know just got busted and did 14 days. I heard the cops suck hardcore about traveling folk.

Gypsybones

Reaction score
Website
highonwheels.tumblr.com
dude id be honered to have a beer from u and fuck the caps fuck the flyers and above all fuck the redwings which may i say sounds like a tampon brand lol
:yourock:

and to that I agree fuck philly (no really the pens just stomped the fuck out you little girls) to hell with ovechkin and I'm sure every hocky fan can say fuck the wings!

oh dude did you here about when talbot got his day with the cup? he just drove around in his pick up with is, saw a guy with a wings jersey on stopped and said "hey how do you like this" and pointed to the cup. :goat:
lets go pens!!!

Peregrin

Reaction score
Careful in Key West, Peregrin. Some dirty kids I know just got busted and did 14 days. I heard the cops suck hardcore about traveling folk.

i've heard the same, a good friend of mine went last year and said they'll normally just kick you out and you move on to the next island... i'm thinking he just got lucky. i've heard florida just sucks period for traveling folk.

Apples

Reaction score
Maybe I'll wander through with copious amounts of whiskey for the underaged that we can enjoy. Cause thats what I do. Copious amounts of whiskey. I might be on probation though.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
im still going to go with the 8th of feb. i think that's a good date for the meetup. like i said get here a few days before so you can git situated!

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
I doubt I'm going but make sure y'all watch yourselves, there'll be drunken idiots there, I knew someone who almost got serious charges for defending himself against a stupid frat kid- fractured his arm without receiving a scratch in return. But he had a really arbitrary judge who decided on a whim to grant mercy after pursuing the case like a fixated junkie.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads