Knoxville Tennessee

RebeccaSoup

Reaction score
Whats the deal, yo? Places to make money?? Places to squat??

Fuck Charlotte, cant make dick for money here. And I need 2000 dollars fast. Flying a sign is always what works best for me. Maybe I'll do it in Knoxville?

RebeccaSoup

Reaction score
nah. flyin a sign in the suburbs usually banks about 100-200 a day.

The trick would be actually being consistant and getting out EVERY fucking day.

belleZ

Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
youre not gonna make over 100 dollars in knoxville, so if thats what youre set on i recommend going somewhere else...

stove

Reaction score
wow that's a lot to make for flyin a sign...in my experience. Unless you hit up walmart in a yuppie area, Burlington bums were makin ~$300/day on weekdays.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
there's always drug studies! not in knoxville though, maybe austin, or philly.

RebeccaSoup

Reaction score
I should totally donate sperm!

Nah, dude. I highly doubt that theres no place to make regular money. Everywhere has at least one good spot. Its just a matter of finding a good place to squat that has good spots in walking distance. (cant take the bus, cuz of my dog)

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
you can donate your eggs or like $12,000. check ot craigslist under "other" in buying and selling.

belleZ

Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
I should totally donate sperm!

Nah, dude. I highly doubt that theres no place to make regular money. Everywhere has at least one good spot. Its just a matter of finding a good place to squat that has good spots in walking distance. (cant take the bus, cuz of my dog)

Dude, the public transit system here is SHIT. my whatever he was.. has been all over this town.. with reliable transport and still barely made 100 dollars a day.. there are not really "suburbs" in knox.

Im not trying to tell you not to come over, cause i mean we could hang or something. drink cheap beers. however,if youre coming to strike it rich, i suggest you go elsewhere. thats all.

S

Seldom Seen Smith

why would you leave Charlotte for a shit hole dump like Knoxville? i don't mean to be an ass but knoxville sucks. knoxville is not homeless friendly at all and the law dogs will fuck with you. if you don't get fucked with i doubt you will make 100-200 dollars a day. the current economic situation isn't good and people are struggling themselves. you might make that much somewhere else but not in knoxville even in the 'burbs. your basically leaving one shit city for another and everyone that lives in knoxville knows its a dump. there are some good folks there but i got the feeling they don't like outsiders to much. if you go stay away from sevier county. its corrupt as hell and for verification all you have do to is a google search. if i were you i would find a different city. i would also come up with a new plan if you need $2,000 dollars that quick.

belleZ

Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
why would you leave Charlotte for a shit hole dump like Knoxville? i don't mean to be an ass but knoxville sucks. knoxville is not homeless friendly at all and the law dogs will fuck with you. if you don't get fucked with i doubt you will make 100-200 dollars a day. the current economic situation isn't good and people are struggling themselves. you might make that much somewhere else but not in knoxville even in the 'burbs. your basically leaving one shit city for another and everyone that lives in knoxville knows its a dump. there are some good folks there but i got the feeling they don't like outsiders to much. if you go stay away from sevier county. its corrupt as hell and for verification all you have do to is a google search. if i were you i would find a different city. i would also come up with a new plan if you need $2,000 dollars that quick.

we like outsiders, but its just not a good scene for them... mostly.

QUOTED FOR MOTHERFUCKIN' TRUTH.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
wow, i didn't know there was anyone on here from knoxville... im considering moving there and working for ibrrhobo... im going to have a school bus with me though. im a bit confused about your statement about 'not a good scene for them' though...

I

IBRRHOBO

I suppose if a person just pours off the train in Sevier Yard and wants to kick it downtown, one might find Knoxville to be shitty. I live outside Knox County near the Clinch Mtns and find it to be EXACTLY what I want! What's that? No idiots, no tree huggers, no maggots and the law tends to the riff raff. Not having to deal w/fuckstick crackheads is not a really bad thing. As to services, well, if you go hungry here, you need to. I'd agree to the public transit trip, though. Not up to par. People, though, are decent to you as long as you don't stumble up w/a 40 in your hand DEMANDING money. May strike some as a novel concept; the world not owing you a living and all, but there is money to be made. I averaged about $90 for a 4 hour period in multiple spots.

I hike all over Knoxville w/a pack when I am mapping out squats here w/o hassle. If you can't catch a train in or out, you don't need to be riding as you'd never have to even enter the yard (see my pix on catching out in Knoxville). And if there aren't enough camping areas here, well, one needs to move perhaps to Montana. We have a lake that takes up almost four counties, two dams, three national forests... Work is to be had here; I'm rather insulated as I do foreclosures. I don't see that tapering off any time soon. Here I differ on the law: if an ex-con can have a company who's primary vocation is to drill out locks under the eyes of a sheriff and not catch hell and yeah, they know I'm a train rider, list many of the houses on a master list for IBRR, they don't strike me as bad as I've seen 'em in say, Longview, Topeka, Roseville or fucking Pasco.

BelleZ, DiamondRails and I all live out here (DR and I have a 13 acre farm), no_future is up the way a bit and ALL of us are involved in the same shit and we're still free. But, I guess, hillbillies like us simply like the mountains, lakes and clean air more than the concrete cesspool down in Charlotte. Spend some time panhandling there or hanging out in the area around the yard 'cause u sure aren't gonna roam IN the yard!

As to the bus Matt, I'm working on an info pack for u. You'd be able to park on the farm anywayz.

RebeccaSoup

Reaction score
if you don't get fucked with i doubt you will make 100-200 dollars a day. the current economic situation isn't good and people are struggling themselves. you might make that much somewhere else but not in knoxville even in the 'burbs. i would also come up with a new plan if you need $2,000 dollars that quick.

Again, I'm not looking for advice on spanging. I do fine, $120 flying a sign and a $100 kickdown just today actually. Nine more days like this and I'm good to go. Your commentary on Knoxville sounded verbatim like something that might be said about charlotte, or atlanta, or memphis, or OKC... Its just a matter of attitude and know how. I know how to make my way in a city that size. I can and do find folks to kick it with, spots to make money, and things to entertain myself. What i have issues with is figuring out my direction.

As long as you don't stumble up w/a 40 in your hand DEMANDING money. May strike some as a novel concept; the world not owing you a living and all, but there is money to be made. I averaged about $90 for a 4 hour period in multiple spots.

I hike all over Knoxville w/a pack when I am mapping out squats here w/o hassle.

Thats exactly the info I was looking for. A++

BelleZ, DiamondRails and I all live out here (DR and I have a 13 acre farm), no_future is up the way a bit and ALL of us are involved in the same shit and we're still free. But, I guess, hillbillies like us simply like the mountains, lakes and clean air more than the concrete cesspool down in Charlotte.

Maybe I oughta come hang out with you guys. Farms are my weakness, I need one of my own, but I'm always looking to help folks out when they need it.

I

IBRRHOBO

No worries. We have the Waystation. BelleZ said you can flop a bit w/her. Also, I can get u into some of the properties I foreclose. U still got my #? We'll have to discuss it a bit and I can't do that in the 'clear'.

Good Hunting!

wokofshame

Reaction score
Website
www.weather.gov
i'd have to concur with seldomsseen; i've gotten fucked with multiple times by cops and nat'l park pigs in sevier county, as always there are good cops and bad, i just happen to have bad experiences.
DT knox IS full of cockass crackheads, and fucking some areas the black folks like to fuck with you for being white. i have an overall low impression of the city,extending to maryville and beyond.
however the hills start fairly near and they is one of my favorite places in the world. heck, i love a lot of the small backass towns. hartford especially. drinkin shine and smoking bowls. fuck yeah.
gatlinburg/pidgeon forge is a good place to make bank but the cops will probably eventually kick ya out.

DIAMONDRAILS

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Gatlinburg/ Pigeon Forge is a very populated tourist area. The cops more than likely WILL fuck with you there. And in my opion very over rated!! But Tennessee is like any other state. There are some good places in the area and there are some bad places.

RebeccaSoup

Reaction score
I've got your number, leaving out of carrboro headed up that way in the next couple of days... but i dont know your name! so we'll have an awesome awkward conversation, im sure.

I

IBRRHOBO

Yeah, no prob, I'll PM it. If I don't answer, my girl will. I work a crazy schedule as I run a foreclosure business up here. Try & call so we can discuss when/how u'll arrive in K-ville and if u need to clean up @ the waystation, we'll have to meet up.

Hope all goes well!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads