Photos - juggalo fest? | Page 4 | Squat the Planet

Photos juggalo fest?

Avon Drunquist

Reaction score
Juggalos are the reason I fear to even walk past a Portland, OR drop-in center (whoop. whoop.). I've had a lot of laughs at the expense of a kid wearing an ICP shirt but I personally don't give a fuck about juggalos anymore than any other "subculture".

Reactions: Mankini

Birdy

Reaction score
Don't care too much about them. Know a few cool Juggalettes, but highly dislike most of them although I do have respect for them just not giving a fuck about going out in public looking like absolute trash...I mean if you're going to wear practically nothing in public, at least do it in a classy way.

As for the music, I know I listen to gore lyrics, and shit about killing, and yeah, but fuck at least it's some what appealing to the ears and most of the time NOT encouraging acts of violence and rape. I'll stick to Ol' Dirty Bastard and Wutang for my rap fix.

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i hate to sound narrow minded... but now i know why i was never made a moderator...i would have deleted this thread haha

(no not realy matt...i would have just had to slap myself pretty hard.)

logan714

Rev Quay Lude The Church of the SubGenius http:
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I think everyone is missing a point or two. First of all, most of this site is devoted to train ridding people that are supposedly so independent and outside of societal norms that they supposedly don't give a fuck. So, why are people trying to pin labels on their chests? I'm this, I'm that, I like this music.

Everything everybody's mentioned is called performance art. It was started in the Rock n' Roll Genre in 1965 0r 66 with bands such as Earth Opera or H.P. Lovecraft. Then theirs the quintessential performance art band, The Tubes. You know the Tubes were the first ever band banned in Las Vegas? The Tubes was all parody. Then it went on from there. The supposed darker side was Alice Cooper, and Ozzy picked up on him. Then Kiss asked Alice Cooper where he bought his makeup. Then it went the direction of Genetortures, Marlyn Manson, but also in the hip hop direction with Insane Clown Posse, Lincon Park and Public Enemy. They are also performance art.

Now, being 46 this is what I've learned. Every band I've mentioned I listen to. If the genre is really solid it will hold on and be expanded upon. If not it will just wither away and die eventually.

SO, some people will be involved in some music scenes where they'll look at the pictures of themselves 20 years later and laugh. And some people will still be into it and some people twice a year will flip a CD in and say hey, I used to listen to these people.

What am I? I'm a fucking train rider and my own brand of fucking crazy. We don't need no stinking labels.

Logan

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
fuck yeah they are. sellouts to the max. i could wear a different style juggalo hat, shirt, bandana, pants, socks, and shoes everyday of the month haha

nick

Reaction score
Website
lamespace.com
in east detroit (eastpointe) there was a huge group of them. i was torn, because sometimes they'd like to pick a fight, and sometimes they'd help you out if someone was messing with you. but the way they talk about it, christ it sounds like a cult..

metalsquatter

Reaction score
ok i thought this site was about unity and not judgeing people i used to be a hardcore juggalo not so much now but still i jave a juggalo tattoo that doesent make me less of a person

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
i hate to sound narrow minded... but now i know why i was never made a moderator...i would have deleted this thread haha

(no not realy matt...i would have just had to slap myself pretty hard.)

And now comes the moment of truth- will Ravie sucuumb to temptation? Don't bruise yourself too badly!

R

Rstank

i can never say i hate a juggalo every time i run into one on the road they will usually give me whatever i need food water one of there own shirts they are pretty friendly.....but icp is fucking ridiculous!

Komjaunimas

Reaction score
When i saw those photos i googled about juggalos, because i have never heared of them nor ICP. Wtf? Seriously? Your kiddin, right?.Now at every party i can make everyone laugh just by showing photos and telling about this "subculture". They wouldn't make it thrue the day in east europe looking like this... Ahh it makes my day just to think about this shit...

rellydelly890

Reaction score
almost every juggalo I've ever run into has just been the nicest person. and mad cool at that. but the music they listen to, sadly, is absolute trash.

icp is just banking on kids who dont have anything else, and for that, I hate them with a passion.

Dirty Rig

Reaction score
almost every juggalo I've ever run into has just been the nicest person.

so not only is their music shit and their style whack, but these "hatchet-weilding ninjas" are also hypocrites too?

man, i'm a pretty tolerant cat. i think indie music is generally pretty laughable, and the majority of what's being passed off as "hip-hop" these days is a joke, and don't even get me started what punk-rock has become (crust is lame, there i said it), but I can write it all off for the most part, even with a degree of sympathy or understanding and let kids have their fun. But I will never, EVER be able to figure out this juggalo business.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads