DIY for girl parts

BrokeWhiteBoy

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Not a clue... though if you had seen my mental images you'd probably get grossed out too. Worse than most STD/STI images I've seen. Mainly because of the scraping blood comment, I imagined what resembled a really thick red pasta sauce oozing out of a garlic-y poon.

Hollywood

Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
i want to bring this thread up again. everyone that can read should read "cunt" by inga muscio. it has lots of good info and enlightening perspectives. i love bleeding and i love talking about it. i just got a divacup and i used it for the first time. It leaks but EVERY method leaks so blood stained panties are a fact of life. you can leave them in for 12 hours at a time and its okay because it doesn't absorb it collects the menses.

sea sponges are great. my favorite method but not very practical for traveling. i have to rinse mine out quite often.

oh and garlic cures everything. to prevent UTIs and things you gotta make sure you eat lots of raw foods with enzymes and lactobacilli. kombucha, sauerkraut, anything fermented is good for this. fermented foods are good for traveling because they keep for a long time without refridgeration.

sprout

Reaction score
These girls that housed me up in Bloomington swear by the DivaCups. They were going to steal one for me but that never happened. Now that I am settled down for a bit, I might try and look into methods other than chemically doused store bought tampons. I like the idea of DIY tampons, though. So I will have to do some experimenting.
Better get it right before I hit the road again because everyone is aware that it sucks walking around with bloody underpants and knowing you are miles upon miles away from tampons, a bathroom, and a washing machine.

angelenesdreams

Reaction score
i own a diva cup, and that thing is fucking awesome. kinda tricky at first learning to get it in there and open up all the way, and then pulling it out without spilling it...lol...

it's true though...if you travel, steal one of these if you can. in tight situations, you need only empty it and re-insert it if you don't have immediate access to water to rinse it off. it feels like you aren't wearing anything.

barnaclebones

Reaction score
i have to disagree with the whole diva cup thing. i had one for about a year... LOVED it... but it started to fucking disintegrate... don't ask me how, but seriously... it started to melt, wwithout coming in contact with any heat aside from body heat. i went to take it out and half the yanky-diddle came off. i got the whole thing out, but it was all sticky and nasty like the rubber was melting. i was so disturbed by it... so gross...

anyway... i'm not picky. when i can afford em, i buy the organic unbleached tampons. tampax and all those big companies can go fuck themselves with their dioxin bleaching and woodfiber.

i do use rags when i'm not flowin like the amazon, but i prefer to use a stopper so i can... yanno... minimize mess. ain't no fun to have a wet diaper on the road.

As for herbal abortions, contraceptives and all that hullabaloo... i havent taken the pill in 4-5 years, and to keep my womb nice and vacant i do a number of things.

- pay wicked close attention to your cycle. learn it. notice the symptoms that occur before your period, because those are the symptoms of ovulation! so... my boobs grow like fuckin 2 cup sizes and my BO starts to smell like weed, and... no way around it... men start to flock in varying degrees and i get wicked horny... i try to avoid gettin all hot and bothered, and if i do, i practically hold a knife to the guy's throat to wear a rubber.

when im in a relationship, all stds aside..... i keep vitamin c around. the morning after unprotected sex, inserting a vitamin c tablet (i use 500mg) changes the ph of your vag and the surrounding area as it dissolves.. (wear a rag, and be prepared for a bit of discomfort, cuz vit c is very acidic) so it makes your reproductive system less hospitable to an implanted egg. this is an emergency solution... if you cant afford the morning after pill.

sooo... that being said... say you still miss a period and think you're preggers. some herbs that are less intense emmenogogues and abortificents (induce menstrual contraction) than pennyroyal are:

brewer's yeast, vitamin C, wild carrot, blue cohosh, black cohosh, slippery elm, nutmeg, mugwort, papaya, vervain, common rue, ergot, saffron and tansy.

read up on em.

that menstrual extraction shit, in my opinion should NEVER be administered unless a seasoned midwife or other experienced individual is present. you should never just go stickin shit in your cervix if you dont understand the anatomy and the fragility of the area!!!! fuck!! my sister's a nurse AND she's knocked up and i read that to her and she
lost her shit. so many complications could come from that procedure!!

anyway.... happy fucking, everyone!

Dirty Rig

Reaction score
Ever since I joined this forum, I thought the title of this thread was "DIY for girl pants".

And I thought, "Hm. Well that's odd."

skelabunny

Reaction score
I've been on the depo shot for almost 7-8 years now, before that I was on the pill. I mainly am on the shot cause it stops my period... or makes it come less often. I get it a couple times a year... random spotting here n there but what. I just use a paper towel or a piece of tissue. I've never had a problem with my depo shot. Doesn't make me any more depressed or nutso then I already am. Then again I have been on it for YEARS so my body is most likely use to it.

barnaclebones

Reaction score
I've been on the depo shot for almost 7-8 years now, before that I was on the pill. I mainly am on the shot cause it stops my period... or makes it come less often. I get it a couple times a year... random spotting here n there but what. I just use a paper towel or a piece of tissue. I've never had a problem with my depo shot. Doesn't make me any more depressed or nutso then I already am. Then again I have been on it for YEARS so my body is most likely use to it.

it doesn't strike you as disturbing that you're interrupting a natural process that evolved for a reason? the purpose of menstruation is to clean out the inside of your uterus... so when you stop it from happening you're basically causing the inner lining of your uterus to fester. at least thats how i look at it.

it makes me crazy... (and this isnt against you, skela... just a general banter..) that people trust pharmaceutical companies to produce things like birth control that don't interfere with your bodies other processes. ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS MAKING MONEY. of course, painkillers and antibiotics are necessary for the medical industry... but FUCK! all these designer birth controls are NOT designed for our well being!! they are PRODUCTS that you are consuming... which are also causing all kinds of fucked up things to happen in our bodies under our noses.. and then we fucking reproduce!!

its been proven that exposure to certain stimuli in one's lifetime can contribute to the genetics of your offspring's offspring. (Called epigenetics. look it up..) So... the reason for this decline in our species' fitness, among a million other things.. is these fucking designer poisons that we're guzzling down without a second thought. it's probably too late to do anything about it, but some day this race is going to resemble Skeksies or some shit.. falling apart, unable to stand up straight let alone survive.

I know few of us are far from the planned parent type.. but it happens! and we of all the fuckin idiots on the planet should be able to see the things about society (like pharmaceuticals) that just plain ain't right, considering all the other shady things we see day in and day out in our explorations of society's underbelly.

whew... i probably sound like a psycho.. but it's somethin to chew on. cheers!

PS- i would like to clarify that i happen to love the occasional painkiller or whatever, so I am not a nazi against pills and medications. Some people need them to live a normal life... duh. This is a rant about people who frollick into the arms of pharmUSA and western medicine thinkin they're gettin cured.

Rash L

Reaction score
its been proven that exposure to certain stimuli in one's lifetime can contribute to the genetics of your offspring's offspring. (Called epigenetics. look it up..) So... the reason for this decline in our species' fitness, among a million other things.. is these fucking designer poisons that we're guzzling down without a second thought. it's probably too late to do anything about it, but some day this race is going to resemble Skeksies or some shit.. falling apart, unable to stand up straight let alone survive.

and this is why I dont reproduce :D

crampicide

Reaction score
it doesn't strike you as disturbing that you're interrupting a natural process that evolved for a reason? the purpose of menstruation is to clean out the inside of your uterus... so when you stop it from happening you're basically causing the inner lining of your uterus to fester. at least thats how i look at it.

it makes me crazy... (and this isnt against you, skela... just a general banter..) that people trust pharmaceutical companies to produce things like birth control that don't interfere with your bodies other processes. ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS MAKING MONEY. of course, painkillers and antibiotics are necessary for the medical industry... but FUCK! all these designer birth controls are NOT designed for our well being!! they are PRODUCTS that you are consuming... which are also causing all kinds of fucked up things to happen in our bodies under our noses.. and then we fucking reproduce!!

I know few of us are far from the planned parent type.. but it happens! and we of all the fuckin idiots on the planet should be able to see the things about society (like pharmaceuticals) that just plain ain't right, considering all the other shady things we see day in and day out in our explorations of society's underbelly.

whew... i probably sound like a psycho.. but it's somethin to chew on. cheers!

PS- i would like to clarify that i happen to love the occasional painkiller or whatever, so I am not a nazi against pills and medications. Some people need them to live a normal life... duh. This is a rant about people who frollick into the arms of pharmUSA and western medicine thinkin they're gettin cured.

yes! thank you! :) i totally agree with your post.

i would rather stick garlic in my vag than chemicals any day...all the hormonal imbalance medications and shots (concerning birth control, etc) cause long term are disturbing, also cancer causing and destructive to your brain and insides. we dont even KNOW the long term effects yet...yikes..generation of guinea pigs with this shit ha..i also agree there are special occasions in which modern medicine might be needed, but for every pill we have to fix dysfunction in our body there is a plant that will do the same.

anyway, ill throw in what i think if anyone would care to read and agree or disagree with, laugh at it whatever..

women should be proud of their bodies and natural processes it must do. we menstruate for physical as well as metaphysical reasons and should honor it- blood, pain, set backs and all.

in some native culture woman would sit on mossy rocks on a river while they bled, it was their time to "go back to the earth" and also a "time of power". read up on it, not only native but tons of cultures world wide consider it a sacred process. after all our ancients lived better and more in harmony than we do now so i think we have a lot to learn from their wisdom's.

sad how menstruation for the most part, has now turned into an inconvenience. and something women are ashamed of and try to hide or get rid of all together. also saddening how most people are disgusted by it :/

anne

Reaction score
Website
mobilecondo.blogspot.com
I use a diva cup most of the time, but one day I went into a community college restroom and there were boxes of tampons set out all over the sink area. Luckily I was alone in there so I loaded up as many as I could fit in my bag. I also found a basket of them in a Best Buy restroom before as well.

jellyfish

Reaction score
So as much as I would LOVE to agree with bones and cramps, without my b.c. it feels like someone is scrapping out my insides with a spoon once a month (kinda like when you carve a pumpkin and you clean it out first). Yeah, not the most pleasant thing for me. That and its nice to know when its coming so you can be ready for it.
As for tampons & pads & such, in times of desperation T.P. is my best bud. Tampons are a first resort but I've been looking for something new for awhile and thanks to you darlings I'm now looking at those INSTEAD things. Swimming + tampons = not fun.

Reaction score
this may be a personal question but did you by chance use a silicone based lube with(or around the time of using) yr cup? 'cos that can cause it to degrade, like how the same thing goes with condoms and anything not water based

inky

Reaction score
I was reading this thread and wrote a poem about it. :D

bloodstained bleached cotton
polluting our forests
toxic shock syndrome
polluting your veins

money means more to us than your health,
consume
our new product scented with perfumeso your natural parts won't smell so fishy
chemicals down there will make you itchy

your monthly secretno one will know
that you deficate and flatulate and perspire
who do you aspire to be?

its a rare disease, dont worry
no leaks
people leak? faucets leak
why not risk your health when you know you'll be beautiful

Reaction score
this may be a personal question but did you by chance use a silicone based lube with(or around the time of using) yr cup? 'cos that can cause it to degrade, like how the same thing goes with condoms and anything not water based

^this comment was for barnaclebones @ Dec.12.09 9:28 am

(still figuring this whole forum thing out :p)

astreet09

Reaction score
Theres an incredible zine that I'm sure most of you have read called Hot Pants. I just searched zinelibrary but there's no link. It has lists and lists of allllll kinds of stuff regarding herbal gynocology/abortifacts/jump starting your period/safe menstrual sanitary practices.

Clean socks are good; so are old cut up pajamas. I use sea sponge religiously. You can get it at most co-ops. I realize this thread is pretty old, but if I find a link to the zine I'll post it.

Linda/Ziggy

Reaction score
HEAVY PERIODS ???

I got a herbal mixture when I was in Arcata at the Apothecary , Full Moon herbs I think it's called.
Across from the square. Any well stocked medicinal herb store will do!

Anyway...............
This mixture all but stopped or slowed my periods. I wish I knew what was in the mix !
I heated it and drank it.

I bleed SUPER heavy ( a sign my menopause is coming soon!!! I hope, I'm almost 45 ! come on Mamma nature!!!)
sometimes it's so bad I have to have a towel between my legs.
I had the Deproprovera shot at one point and I bled EVERY DAY for 4 months
and the hormones made me nuttier than usual. It really sucked.
I had the shot against my own ethics because I was on the road/street homeless.
DP was first tested on animals and poor women in 3rd world/developing countries
before it was okayed for western use.................

Anyway there are all sorts of herbal remedies out there.
Get fresh herbs or from a herbalist store (apothecary)if you can.
And do your research.

Hope this is helpful to all my born female sisters out there.

Linda/Ziggy

3rdEyeVision

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Girls are gross. This thread absolutely proves it. That is all.

LOL I second this. I am so blessed to be a dude and have a good old fashioned shlong and a pair of balls. Seriously. But let's face it, the ladies do kick ass out there on the road having to deal with bloody poons and all the other inconveniences included in that package deal. I give 'em credit. Enough said. Peace.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads