DIY for girl parts

devenheartbreak

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I've used tampons for years.. They seem to be the easiest thing for me. I have used the Instead cups also. If you can put them in right, they last way longer and can be washed really easily. I can't get into the reusable pads/tampons. Anything clothe like can hold germs and bacteria. Its hard to get those really clean and I can't mentally get passed putting something like that back into my vagg. Insteads are diff to me bc you can sanitize & rinse them off. And they are pretty cheap and easy to steal. Most stores carry them.

moe

Reaction score
0_0

ima come off as stupid, but i never really noticed any of these herbs, pills, scientific shizz, it's just blood. a pad, cloth, will do.
=/

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
tell me about it. fuck, hand me a mcdonalds napkin and i'm good for an hour. lol

M

Mouse

I've used tampons for years.. They seem to be the easiest thing for me. I have used the Instead cups also. If you can put them in right, they last way longer and can be washed really easily. I can't get into the reusable pads/tampons. Anything clothe like can hold germs and bacteria. Its hard to get those really clean and I can't mentally get passed putting something like that back into my vagg. Insteads are diff to me bc you can sanitize & rinse them off. And they are pretty cheap and easy to steal. Most stores carry them.

you do realize that you contradicted yourself completely? you don't like reusable pads that you wash but you are ok with the Instead... which you wash... um? Besides, sea sponges wash really easy and a quick rinse with super hot water is all you need to get them clean enough.

tampons hold bacteria as well. hence Toxic Shock Syndrome. and bleached cotton mixed with other unnatural fibers is proven to harm the lining of your vagina making you more prone to infection.

k8te

Reaction score
I was on the road with the Keeper (Diva cup thing), worked well. I stole some sanitary wipes from a CVS and cleaned it with those when I needed to change it. Obvi ghetto napkins and cloths work but I'm not so comfortable with myself that I don't feel self-conscious if I feel like my pants are stained, whatever. OB tampons are sweet too, easy to steal and you get lots of them in a pack, no applicators to deal with either.

Anyone know any herbal remedies for UTIs or yeast infections? Those are always fun

M

Mouse

uti - cranberry juice. whenever I got one I would get about a half gallon and drink it, the next day I was fine.

yeast infections - I've heard that some type of non-pasteriesed yougurt used in the area will help eat up the yeast and clear the infection. google it. i've never (knock on wood) had a yeast infection so I'm not sure.

k8te

Reaction score
Hehe, I'm a vegan and I dunno if soy yogurt would have the same effect. Maybe I'll try it...? I heard about the yogurt solution, I also heard you can wrap a clove of garlic in cheesecloth and stick it up there with a string attached (for a yeast infection). Anyone tried either of these things, or anything else?

Reaction score
I hope someday, in the vast, near future, modern "science" *cough* can find someway to kill all reproductive chemical reactions that cause the process of menstruating, that way I can do whatever or go wherever without the constant monthly setbacks of being female put a damper on things.
And maybe they could fry all my unfertilized eggs cuz I don't plan on procreating anytime soon either.

lol, amen to that, sometimes i fucking HATE being female, lol

nick

Reaction score
Website
lamespace.com
rememberusername said:
can birth.control make a girl suicidal/moody as fuck? overdosing make it worse?

mostly, im on that depo shot (birthcontrol) makes me more depressed than suicidal but there are some days i feel and want to kill myself. and yeah it dose make u moody as fuck. and it's annoying.

Rash L

Reaction score
for cramps, the only legal/nonprescription thing that works well for me is my favorite tea steeped with a strawberry leaf. I have a strawberry plant I keep alive JUST for my monthly cramps (the berries taste great, but there aren't enough of them in my little pot). You can sometimes find ornamental strawberry plants in people's yards (not sure if these leaves work as well or at all), or during planting season a quick walk past or through a home depot/Lowes/etc will give you the opportunity to pinch a good number of leaves off a few plants they are selling. Works for me EVERY TIME, at least to lessen the cramps, but it usually makes them disappear completely. I havent tried this with dried leaves, only fresh... but I bet dried will work as well. I'm thinking of making a few tea bags to take traveling with me, just in case.
Definitely worth a try?

Winter

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Quote: Hehe, I'm a vegan and I dunno if soy yogurt would have the same effect. Maybe I'll try it...? I heard about the yogurt solution, I also heard you can wrap a clove of garlic in cheesecloth and stick it up there with a string attached (for a yeast infection). Anyone tried either of these things, or anything else?

Is your vagina a vegan? lol just curious....I mean...the yogurt is supposed to go in your vagina...not your mouth?!

Idk about anyone else....but I'm NOT sticking a clove of garlic up my stuff. Period lol

Hey I'm not tryin ta be mean...just found that post amusing. wow lol

Man....when I'm on the road...it's plain and simple. I know periods are gonna happen. Thankfully I'm not a major bleeder. I just get me a box of tampons (40) and I'm good for like 3 months. Seriously. That's about it!

Bullet

Reaction score
I've had a couple of yeast infections in the past, when I was younger...and I tried to garlic thing. I think it helped. I just put whole cloves in there and didn't bother with wrapping them up like tampons. If you want them out you just bear down with your muscles and they come out. An interesting thing is that it gives you garlic breath. No idea why. Some bloodstream thing I guess? Kinda funny though.

I've also tried to sea sponges and they work great. It can be a pain to wring them out if you're not in a private bathroom. People generally don't like to see someone at a communal sink squeezing blood out of a sponge.
Now I use the Mooncup (or Divacup, whatever) and it seems to be the best. Sometimes it leaks a little. You just gotta get in there and scoop out the blood that is on the walls of the vagina surrounding the cup. That's why it "leaks". Combining the Mooncup with a cloth pad is great too. If I find myself high and dry, I just use a bandanna until I can find something better...but I would NOT put a tampon into my body ever again. Not only are they horribly wasteful, but they have nasty chemicals in them. If I'm out in the woods, the last thing I want to do is pollute it with a bunch of fucking bleached cotton and the little plastic wrappers and applicators. Fuck that.

M

Mouse

taking garlic pills can do that too.

they make "odorless" garlic.. wonder if using one of those pills would have the same effect as the clove if used the same way? pop some garlic pills up in there lol

Winter

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
OMG lmao this thread is priceless. I just got the craziest mental image of a woman pushing whole garlic cloves out of herself.

BrokeWhiteBoy

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
heh... thanks. yeah. i get what's going on and not easily grossed out by this kinda topic, but for some reason, the garlic cloves and scraping blood bits just grossed me out. it was great last night, i went back to my apartment and made something to eat, and without thinking i made pasta with leftover sauce my girl made a few days ago. red sauce with a ton of fresh garlic. as soon as i went to take a bite, i gagged cause it brought up the same overly graphic (almost unrealistic slasher movie type) mental images.

Bullet

Reaction score
Oh come on, it's just human bodies. They do a lot of unsavory things, and if someone wants to know the answer to something I'm not gonna pretend like it doesn't exist. No one should be ashamed of any of it, especially women and their anatomy. Society tells us way too much that our bodies are disgusting, unless they are being used sexually. Well fuck that. Women- don't let a bunch of immature people (male or female) go around telling you that you are gross because you are not. That kind of thinking is based in ignorance.

And if you can't mentally separate your dinner from a bloody vagina then that's your problem.

BrokeWhiteBoy

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
wait... i didn't mean it that way. not in the least... i just took that whole conversation bit and due to active imagination combined with watching too many slasher films recently, grossed myself out. I didn't mean in any way that the real situation was gross. The being able to separate bloody vagina and dinner... well... that's just my fault.

Bullet

Reaction score
OK Broke, my bad. I get a little touchy about things like that. I wasn't trying to be a man-hater. Women tend to have ignorant attitudes, too, as demonstrated by this thread...I don't know if it's an insecurity thing or what.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads