Crust punk recommendations?

pinkmist

Reaction score
Tragedy, Wolfbrigade, Catharsis, Punch, From Ashes Arise, Asedio, Blunt, Summon the Crows, Kakistocracy, Massmord, Perth Express, Victims, Warcrimes, Warcry, Appalachian Terror Unit, Born/Dead, Lebenden Toten, Aghast, Warprayer, Severed Head of State, Requiem, Fall of Effrafa, Nagasaki Nightmare, Protestant, Spectacle, Systemastik Terror, Arrestum...

Definitely Tragedy, "vengeance." Still one of my all time favorites.

Some of these are not quite typical crust, but if you like dystopia you'll probably like a lot of the above...

Dystopia has a foot in sludge, not sre if your into that end of things, but if so I would check out; Fissure, Corrupted, Morne, Moss, Malachai, Marzuuran, Electric Wizard, Boris... All of those are pretty heavy and pretty slow...

freepizzaforlife

Reaction score
Tragedy, Wolfbrigade, Catharsis, Punch, From Ashes Arise, Asedio, Blunt, Summon the Crows, Kakistocracy, Massmord, Perth Express, Victims, Warcrimes, Warcry, Appalachian Terror Unit, Born/Dead, Lebenden Toten, Aghast, Warprayer, Severed Head of State, Requiem, Fall of Effrafa, Nagasaki Nightmare, Protestant, Spectacle, Systemastik Terror, Arrestum...

Definitely Tragedy, "vengeance." Still one of my all time favorites.

Some of these are not quite typical crust, but if you like dystopia you'll probably like a lot of the above...

Dystopia has a foot in sludge, not sre if your into that end of things, but if so I would check out; Fissure, Corrupted, Morne, Moss, Malachai, Marzuuran, Electric Wizard, Boris... All of those are pretty heavy and pretty slow...

I can tell you for a FACT word for word from meghans mouth, that punch is a HARDCORE band. not a crust band. born/dead is rad, once again, another band I don't know if id consider them to be crust or not. but none the less, good band. their last show ruled.

just start with extreme noise terror, nausea, and distopyia and go from there.

Holly

Reaction score
Wow thanks for all the replies! Now I have a lot of bands to look up. :D
Some of the ones you guys mentioned I already know and love, so I'm pretty sure I'll like the rest too.

drunken marauder

Reaction score
How bout Michael Jackson and Brittany Spears thats all I have been listening to.. Thriller on repeat..

pinkmist

Reaction score
I can tell you for a FACT word for word from meghans mouth, that punch is a HARDCORE band. not a crust band. born/dead is rad, once again, another band I don't know if id consider them to be crust or not. but none the less, good band. their last show ruled.

just start with extreme noise terror, nausea, and distopyia and go from there.

As I said in my post, not typical crust, meaning having elements of crust, but typically classified as a different genre... I guess we can be genre-nazis and you can forget almost every band on my list as they typically identify with hardcore, or some sub-branch, like swedish hardcore. I'm not really sure where the line is drawn, to me its really blurry, but those are all bands I listened to heavily around the time I discovered dystopia relevant or not and I suppose I hope that they might be enjoyed by others, which I thought was the point of this thread, but what did I expect, this is an internet forum, we should break things down to semantics until the whole thread looses focus.

wartomods

Reaction score
citizen fish is not crust....its ska punk.....same with leftover crack or choking victim....as fer richard cheese, dont know that one ....but basically....these are not crust bands.....altho good bands...just not crust

just because they sometimes use up beat guitar barre chords doesnt make them full ska punk bands either, they are just influenced by it.

Birdy

Reaction score
Toxic Narcotic
Caustic Christ
Extreme Noise Terror (dunno if you'd count them or not)
School is making my brain numb, and my mp3 is dead soooo that's all I got for now.

Avon Drunquist

Reaction score
Oh man....Check out:

Doom
Axegrinder
Deviated Instinct
Amebix (duh)
Extinction of Mankind
Hellkrusher
Destroy
Disrupt
Battle of Disarm
Skitsystem
Avksum
Anti Cimex
Mob 47

All pretty fuckin crusty, but the list goes on and on...

Geoff

Reaction score
Aus Rotten doesn't really sound crust to me. It has more elements of hardcore punk and street punk in it. They are a very good band though and if you haven't heard them you should do so. Some of my favorite crust bands are DOOM, Hellshock, Detestation, Antischism (I can't believe no one said this one yet), and Cop on Fire (spain).

I'd also recomend bands like man is the bastard, infest, spazz, siege, fuck on the beach, yacopsae, and larm (powerviolence bands). they have some dark elements like crust but most of the musical influence comes from thrash, grind, and hardcore punk.

dirtyfacedan

Reaction score
Dayglo Abortions! Not crust as such...but damn fucking good!!!

Loaf

Reaction score
anything with nausea, christ, cunt, abortion, anti, something about hell, death, battle, gore, etc. just google those words I am sure you will find a million crust punk bands. Sorry ladies and gents if this is facetious. I just hate the fucking crust this crust that. The "scene" set aside, the music is pretty good most of the time.

KrustyDaKlown

Reaction score
Idk i just found this site so ima list the crust bands that i know
Amebix
Anti Cimex
Antischism
Antisect
Aus-Rotten
Avskum
Behined Enemy Lines
Capitalist Casualties
Carcinogen (Pre-Dystopia)
Conflict... kinda
Crass.... kinda not much
Disrupt
Doom
Dystopia
Extinction Of Mankind
Extreme Noise Terror
Flux Of Pink Indians.. i guess im not sure
Iskra.... Blacken Crust
Jobbykrust
Man Is The Bastard
Mushrrom Attack
Nausea (NY)
Selfish
Skitsystem
but if any one can recomend any bands thanks

JoeGerminate

Reaction score
A-Bomb-a-nation - they were my introduction to crust, singer would puke in the middle of a song but keep on singing and not miss a note. Now thats talent!

Drop Dead-crust/powerviolence

Romantic Gorilla-powerviolence

pseudo youth-powerviolence

mankind?-more towards anarcho punk

Litmus Green- fucking amazing punk band w/crust/powerviolent influences

Resist and Exist-crust

Resist - crust/anarcho punk ish

ceremony - powerviolence/hardcore

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads