Crust punk recommendations?

Holly

Reaction score
What are your favorites? Any albums in particular?

I'm a bit new to the genre, but I'm currently liking Dystopia, Wartorn and Resistant Culture.

drun_ken

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
have fun tryin ta find some of it but here it goes.....

dammad(should be able ta find some of their stuff)
tank 18(good luk)
das krimanal (yeah have fun findin any of their shit yo)
and any thing off goat lord records from savannah in the mid 90s

dirtyfacedan

Reaction score
Citizen fish, Leftover Crack!

......and a lot of Richard Cheese.

Reactions: Sjaan

drun_ken

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Citizen fish, Leftover Crack!

......and a lot of Richard Cheese.

citizen fish is not crust....its ska punk.....same with leftover crack or choking victim....as fer richard cheese, dont know that one ....but basically....these are not crust bands.....altho good bands...just not crust

dirtyfacedan

Reaction score
damn.... i don't know enough about music to know any better. Thanks for the gentle guidance. Richard cheese was a joke, def not crusty anything.

dirtyfacedan

Reaction score
So after the enlightening post from our forum friend Drun_ken, i decided to see what i could steal on torrents, and came up with these...

Star Fucking Hipsters - until were dead.
Nausea - 9 albums.

I like punk ska...apparently, so i'll listen to this as well. I guess it's about time i started listening to music on my own, rather than just listening to whatever is at the local punk bar.

ianfernite

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
My favorites are Amebix, His Hero Is Gone, Axegrinder, Severed Heads Of State, Nausea, and Tragedy.

Some other bands that you should check out that aren't exactly crust, but still pretty crusty, are Catharsis, Eyehategod, Man Is The Bastard, Weekend Nachos, and Gehenna.

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
hellbastard(heading for eternal darkeness), dischgarge, nausea, Joy division is post punk, but worth looking up

nick

Reaction score
Website
lamespace.com
if you like dystopia, look into Misanthropic, Sea of Deprivation, Carol Ann, Asunder

Misery, Civil Disobedience, Parasytic, Provoked, Dodsdomd, Decrepit, Disagree, Contravene, Axiom, Disrupt, Le Scrawl (if you like jazzhy crust)

drun_ken

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
extinction of mankind.....skarp(they are ok)....aus rotten....try ta find the start a riot comp its awesome...harum scarum....i cant remember if anyone said icons of filth...witch hunt...

hey arrow...i have never really thought of crass as crust...more poltipunk...i think sayin crass is crust is like sayin [sub][hum][ans] is crust...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads