White Privilege

xbocax

Reaction score
your right haha i guess it was a little overwhelming

venusinpisces

Reaction score
There were a lot of ignorant responses so I probably would have felt the same way. I got a little stressed out by some of the "panhandlers are worthless parasites" comments that have been showing up on here recently too. :rolleyes: The anonymity of the internet has a tendency to bring out the worst in people at times, unfortunately.

Linda/Ziggy

Reaction score
Hey all, I thought this forum got closed yesterday ??
Anyway Venus in Pisces I like your post above and that you talk about class/class priveledge too.
Thank You.
I come from a working class background, not raised poor but been poor the
majority of my life now.

Also great you mentioned the Native American/First Nations struggle.
Basically the 'founding fathers' brought the African slaves over because the
Native Americans resisted colonization & genocide so much & so many had been
mass murdered, there were'nt enough left to enlsave en mass the way the Africans were.
So I find it sad & very ironic that there are many African Americans who do NOTHING to work
for Native American rights.....

Not to say there were not totally fucked up things going on on this continent
before the Europans arrived, there were - but not on the industrial capitalist
scale that the Europeans were doing it............
We also can not ignore religious colonization.....
Also important to not blame white Xtians for everything & then ignore
how much of the world has been colonized & enslaved by Islam..........

I think it is vital to fight racism but also for people to get over their liberal guilt,
it doesn't help anyone - least of all the people liberals claim to be in solidarity with.

If it came down to it and there was a race war / fascism I would be dead
because I am mixed.....

Gudj

Oogle
Reaction score
Website
wolfmode.wordpress.com
So again, peoples responses are talking about how other privilege exists too, and how fucked up some other stuff is, but no-one is owning their own privilege. Talking about how your life as an individual white person has been harder than the lives of some individual people of color is beside the point. White supremacy is a systematic issue.

Yes, it was closed. It obviously is reopened.

quagRZ

Reaction score
white privilege is a myth, it seems the more your willing to crush the people below you and fork over alot of funds to other people willing to do the same, only then will you be granted privilege no matter what color you are, its all a matter of how much green backs you have in the bank.

• Sad
Reactions: Mankini

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

I think The Onion pretty much sums this up pretty well.

that's fucking hilarious. and yes, i think it does sum it up well, i fully acknowledge that my life has been faaaar easier due to the fact that i am white. i think it would be silly to say otherwise.

JungleBoots

Reaction score
i tell this to alot of colored people ive met that talk to me about how fucked up the black experience is. and ussually they arent talking about white privalidge they are talking about just how stupid they peoples is.

one good long trip into the ghetto is all you need to see.

Crabs in a bucket.

if anyone has gone crab fishing they can tell you this; you put one crab in a bucket it can reach out and get free... you put 6 or 7 more in a bucket the crabs will crawl all over eachother pulling eachother down in their desperate attempt to get out. you dont even have to put a cage over top its that consistent that not a single one will escape.

now i dont mean to compare blacks or just plain poor people of any color to crabs. but ill tell you I dont know how many times ive seen young black men reaching out to escape the ghetto only to be pulled back in by they own peoples in their desperate attempt to escape themselves. Kids killing kids for sneakers, and petty cash, an entire culture that looks up at dealers as if the money they make is substantial. As if B-ball is gunna be their ticket out, b-ball or the rap game.

an entire culture that raps and sermons talking shit about gettin trump rich when their uncle with a mechanic job comes by to help every monday with their momma's grocery expenses. course the kid doesnt get a damn job... but he'll suck the life out of that uncle... or whoever it is that actually has a chance.

Sure whites fucked shit up... sure blacks got alot to bitch about... sure i even carry a bit of white guilt on my back fo sho.

but most of what the blacks got to bitch about is the fucked up situation their peoples keep them all in.

Its not my fault. its not my father's fault, and it sure as hell wont be my future kid's fault.

honest to god the only people on this planet that havent ever been given a proper chance of reparation is the native americans. the blacks aint got shit on what the sioux went through.

xbocax

Reaction score
o them po po black folk we givem so many opportunities and they just cant grasp how to figure it out
we givem welfare they buy 40s
we givem schools and they use our math to sell drugs

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

i have nooooo idea how this became so much about blacks because the thread was about white privilege in america but for the most part no person or culture has ever gone out of their way to not fit into society or kill themselves off

1/3 of our nations history involves blacks being slaves where they were shipped packaged and degraded
2/3 they were seperate but "equal"
and how long do you think after that it took to get over that?
how long would it take you to feel human again if you were ripped from your family forced into slavery had to learn a new language and forced new beliefs
anyone that thinks that every culture that is destructive is that way because of their own choice is just down right in denial and doesnt want to own up to some truths

if your going to say blacks r in the ghetto because they want to be you better hav an argument for every other ethnicity as well you better have an explanation as to why by coincidence all the "succesful people" in this country all happen to be around the same skin tone and why those who "fail" tend to be every other color but that

you cant do it
not without being racist
its no fucking coincidence all these things

Menyun

Reaction score
Life's a bitch, their will always be instances of privilege in one form or another and/or times of some getting plain screwed.

Racism ... yea thats a pointless topic you can bitch about that for 100,000 more years and unless in that time we bread into a nice brown mixture it will still be around. You remember being called names as a kid? you either ignored it, cryed about it, or got in a fight... ignored the problem went away with time, cryed they kept on, and fighting if you won they stopped calling you names but it got you suspended (as an adult you dont get suspended but you just might die). So don't let anyones opinion of you or whoever effect you. Words are words they only effect you as much as you let them.

If you live in a community where your frowned apon or at a disadvantage for whatever reason and want people to have a different preception of you. Then force change.. when you work bust your ass go above and beyond what your asked to do. Be a asset to your community and I guarentee you any disadvantage you think you have will go away for the most part(always gonna be that stupid racist-just dont let them be apart of your life).

Live, Love, and Laugh at the end of the day do what makes you happy and forget about all that doesn't. Oh and love some more... dirty butt sex is where its at.

Menyun

Reaction score
Just my opinion but should probably keep this thread closed... For lots of us their was no such thing as white privilege. And it comes across as almost offensive so people get defensive about it and turn it around into something that has the potential of getting very nasty. My experience I see natives as having the privilege others it will be blacks or asians or whoever their may very well be more white privilege then the rest but not where I grew up. Try being white in south africa. or being any color other then white in russia... lol you got it made if your in north america or the UK. Let history be history. Acknowlege it but dont dewl on it. Respect what happened and learn from it.

dirtyfacedan

Reaction score
Don't call me white......

Puckett

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Ks is home & damn tornados bring me back everytime
Of course, there are also ignorant conservative people who think that anyone who works hard enough can be president/a millionaire and I'm not even going to attempt to defend that viewpoint because it's not based in reality. .

wow i dont see how you can say this. every parent tells their kids if you work and try you can do anything, well maybe not your parents if you would post this comment. you think any of our presidents sat around and said "well if i sit on my ass all day ill become the president because thats how its done, go fuck hard work" no i dont think so. did bill gates not work hard with some of his buddies to make the apple computer?
If you work hard and dont do stupid shit you can become anything you want. I have seen it done first hand.

Dishka8643

Reaction score
o them po po black folk we givem so many opportunities and they just cant grasp how to figure it out
we givem welfare they buy 40s
we givem schools and they use our math to sell drugs

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

i have nooooo idea how this became so much about blacks because the thread was about white privilege in america but for the most part no person or culture has ever gone out of their way to not fit into society or kill themselves off

1/3 of our nations history involves blacks being slaves where they were shipped packaged and degraded
2/3 they were seperate but "equal"
and how long do you think after that it took to get over that?
how long would it take you to feel human again if you were ripped from your family forced into slavery had to learn a new language and forced new beliefs
anyone that thinks that every culture that is destructive is that way because of their own choice is just down right in denial and doesnt want to own up to some truths

if your going to say blacks r in the ghetto because they want to be you better hav an argument for every other ethnicity as well you better have an explanation as to why by coincidence all the "succesful people" in this country all happen to be around the same skin tone and why those who "fail" tend to be every other color but that

you cant do it
not without being racist
its no fucking coincidence all these things

Dude, where do you come off believing that "all sucessfull people" in this country are white? That may have been true 100 years ago, but times have changed. Hard working, attractive, intelligent people, with good communication skills become successful. It has very little to do with skin color. Have you noticed the president is black? And even before he was president, he was a pretty successful fellow. So is his wife. And racial favoritism happens everywhere, to people of all races, not just among whites.

And I can't understand why you expect all white Americans to feel "sorry" for people of other ethnicities. That is absurd. A large portion of white americans have immigrated to america well after slavery had already been abolished; seeking a better life and escaping oppression of some kind or another.

And for those who have ancestors that participated in slavery, why should they feel sorry? It's in the past and they are not responsible for the actions of their forefathers. At the time, slavery was a common, global phenomena with people all over the world. Africans enslaved each other. Europeans enslaved each other. Native americans enslaved each other. It was just a reality of life at that time.
I realize the issue isn't slavery, but It seems to be the underlying cause of all this tension, so I think it's worthy of discussion.

xbocax

Reaction score
O i think im just going to lay down everything that this thread is not then be done with it haha

this thread is NOT for whites to feel guilty about whatever their ancestors have done
this thread is NOT saying that every white person will succeed beyond a shadow of a doubt
Privilege is NOT defined as making a lot of money and owning 50 cars
this thread is NOT about the enslavement of any specific person no matter how much you want to think it is

This thread IS about everything i had initially listed where pretty much whites have the Privlege of walking into a store and not being followed
of not having their race pu on trial every time theyre on tv
not being a credit to their race when they do good and shame to their race when they dont
and all the other things i had initially written

if we'd like to open a thread about black struggle please do but do not equate black struggle with white privilege because they are totally different

I am a brown person and will never ever understand any persons struggle but my own because i am not in their shoes and have not walk the road they have gone down. I will help whenever i can and fight the good fight but always on the side of others struggles.

Liter skin all throughout the world seems to have its privleges from here to India
just becuase you didnt turn out rich doesnt mean that when you walked into market and then preceeding you any person of color walking in wasnt immediately monitored
its about perception and how when a white person does something they are generally judged by their merit unless of course they dress like a "dirty street kid" and when a person of color walks in they are first judged by the ideas of their race theeeeen maaaaybe by their merit

that is the white privilege the fact that europeans "established" this nation there for had the upper hand and to this day that ideology has carried through

your not bastards for having it
your not evil people for it working out in your favor
its just a reality to look at analyze and fix whenever possible as gudj put in so many words

Puckett

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Ks is home & damn tornados bring me back everytime
Like i said befor if we look at eachother as people and not color there would be no raseism. and i belive that. but we would still find reasons to descrimanate against eachother. maybe one day when we are all one tone and their are no differneces then we will realize this. but its never going to happen because some people are just set in their ways no matter what.

JungleBoots

Reaction score
as has been said before. all of the factors that lead to the myth of white privilege are really issues of class, not race.

its about familial wealth whether or not you are born with financial privilege.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads