White Privilege

UrbanNokizaru

Reaction score
Website
ninjabikeslut.tumblr.com
You don't have to believe it's a universal phenomena, white people are still statistically richer than people of color, the same way men are statistically richer than people of other genders. There are exceptions but in general that is the global trend. The way society at large sees it is that white is normal and white is neutral, if you think it's harder on you because you look crusty/have face tats/whatever, know that if a person of color did the same thing they'd have to deal with shit twice, once for being a poc and once for their appearance and presentation. The truth of the matter is as a white person you are statistically more likely to have illegal drugs on you, but as a poc you are statistically more likely to get arrested and charged for drug crimes. Look at prison statistics and compare them to population statistics, why are poc more common in prison than outside of it? It's because discrimination and racism still exist and are alive and well. I'm not saying we haven't made progress but there's a fucking long way to go. If you are white you are experiencing benefits because of that whether you acknowledge them or not will only make me consider you a ass or not...

xbocax

Reaction score
point of the exercise issssssssssssss that in every form of media whether it be tv, movies, internet, or paper to some degree whites will always be sure to know that they will find someone of their heritage being portrayed in some fashion. Their existence as a people is acknowledged.

plagueship

Reaction score
i think there should be an obvious difference between people who either don't understand or don't want to acknowledge that what we're talking about in terms of privilege is not just "racism" in terms of prejudice, but the way that the unequal distribution of resources, opportunities, etc, has been structured by the history and present reality of white supremacy as a prop of euro/american capitalism and imperialism - AND on the other hand, people like me who do acknowledge this but point out that the nature of race, privilege, whiteness, etc in the structure of our society is changing.

or you know, you could just say that everyone who disagrees with you is an ignorant rich white cisgendered corporate fuck who has never read a book. i guess that's more of an "anarchist" way to handle basically any conversation.

614 crust

Ex-Moderator / Elitist asshole
Reaction score
Website
feralkidscreations.com
I think it just depends on where you are. Most people tend to favor others of the same race.

I'm white, and having went to a mostly black school, I firmly believe that white privilege is complete bullshit. White guilt, however, is extremely prevalent. In my school, most of the teachers were black, and they favored the black students. Black history month started a month before and ended a month after February. We even learned about that shit in math class. We had assembly after assembly about how amazing african culture is, and how bad whites were for enslaving them. They seem to forget that thousands of whites died fighting in the civil war to ensure their freedom. I didn't feel like being white gave me any advantage in that environment.

On the opposite side of the spectrum, a black person in a mostly white area would probably face a lot of the same stigma. Just depends on the people and the local culture. I don't think it's a universal phenomena.

very well said. White privilege is bullshit.
If anything I feel discriminated against for being a white male.
and I'm not even fully white. I come from american indian descent as well but because my skin is white and I'm male that makes me a piece of shit. Whatever. Fuck all that, Fuck all the racist bullshit as well and definately fuck all the super PC I'm hollier than though bullshit most of all. I'm a nomadic human thats it. And if you don't like me for who I am you can choke on my fucking dick.

CXR1037

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
White privilege is a myth generated to make people who can't succeed feel better about themselves. And also, all the hardcore progressives seem to think that white people have everything handed to them, yet at the same time most of my white friends are unemployed and the Hispanic kids I know are?

xbocax

Reaction score
White privilege is a myth generated to make people who can't succeed feel better about themselves. And also, all the hardcore progressives seem to think that white people have everything handed to them, yet at the same time most of my white friends are unemployed and the Hispanic kids I know are?

sounds like something youd hear during the separate but equal days well they really havent left but yah

xbocax

Reaction score
bleh w/e every argument against has very little if any situations, experiences, and or facts to back it up. Its jus well it was hard for me so it doesnt exist or i was poor so i dont believe it. If after reading all this your not swayed one way or another then thats just the way it is if you did read any of the arguments at all or you just decided to throw your 2 cents in w/o reading any of it.

CXR1037

Banned
Reaction score
*rolls eyes*

What in the name of God are you talking about? How is this anything at all like the separate but equal days?

xbocax

Reaction score
your argument is similar to an argument that would have been used during those times
maybe if you read some of those books at the anarchist book fairs instead of showing up and rolling your eyes @ everyone youd get it. its ok i understand life's aggravating when everyones so dumb.
i dont even know why i was surprised haha
we'll b here to catch you when you fall off that high horse

CXR1037

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, life is pretty aggravating when everyone is so dumb. Thing is, no one uses common sense. I rolled my eyes when I walked into the bookfair because it's a bunch of whiny punk kids preaching to their completely ineffective choir. And then afterwards, when everyone is so intoxicated on ideas of oppression and injustice and the like, they get truly intoxicated on drugs and alcohol and ride trains to some other city, they steal and complain and "live the dream", and nothing gets done at all.

Yeah, it's really aggravating when everyone's so dumb.

I'll be here to catch you when you fall into reality and you leave fairy tale world behind.

614 crust

Ex-Moderator / Elitist asshole
Reaction score
Website
feralkidscreations.com
Yeah, life is pretty aggravating when everyone is so dumb. Thing is, no one uses common sense. I rolled my eyes when I walked into the bookfair because it's a bunch of whiny punk kids preaching to their completely ineffective choir. And then afterwards, when everyone is so intoxicated on ideas of oppression and injustice and the like, they get truly intoxicated on drugs and alcohol and ride trains to some other city, they steal and complain and "live the dream", and nothing gets done at all.

Yeah, it's really aggravating when everyone's so dumb.

I'll be here to catch you when you fall into reality and you leave fairy tale world behind.

haha good shit

Beegod Santana

Reaction score
I think whats left of true "white privileged" is just simply the fact that since black people couldn't own property in this country till a few generations ago, there's gonna be a lot more white people with inherited wealth than black. Even coming from poverty, a rural poor white man is much more likely to own his land than his black neighbor. This leads to white guilt, inferiority complexes, yadayadayada.

Personally I don't really care about it though, I earned what I am, and all my friends, white, black, brown, whatever did the same.

Freedom isn't something you're given, its something you take.

plagueship

Reaction score
beegod: i believe what you're talking about is CLASS. white privilege gives advantages within the present capitalist society but it is not necessary for that society to exist. the more cutting-edge parts of society are already striving to get rid of racism like any other irrational obstacle to the efficient functioning of capitalism.

Nelco

Reaction score
stupid fucking thread
hate it

Reactions: todd

UrbanNokizaru

Reaction score
Website
ninjabikeslut.tumblr.com
If you are white and live on planet earth you have privilege, that's it. You may have had such a shitty life that you never noticed it, but it doesn't mean that discrimination against you based on you skin color is less negative than discrimination that people of color face because of their skin color. I don't give a fuck if you were born into a prison and spent your whole life getting shit on, you still have more opportunity, more acceptance and are generally seen in a better light by society at large than if you were born a person of color. I don't see why this is sooooo difficult to understand, statistically it's true, historically it's true, economically it's true, culturally it's true. Wow your life is so hard that means you don't have white privilege, bullshit!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads