White Privilege | Page 5 | Squat the Planet

White Privilege

Puckett

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Ks is home & damn tornados bring me back everytime
hahah
Yep, we can all be the president and rockstars someday.

Thinking like this completely fucking ignores reality.

yeah if you try hard enough you can.
i went to middle school with this girl, she was so shy and yet if you read whats on the link you will see if you work hard you can do anything, look at all she has done. and im sure 99% of everyone on here has never come close to anything she has. yet she worked hard and look at her now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatima_Siad

Puckett

Banned
Reaction score
yeah if you try hard enough you can.
i went to middle school with this girl, she was so shy and yet if you read whats on the link you will see if you work hard you can do anything, look at all she has done. and im sure 99% of everyone on here has never come close to anything she has. yet she worked hard and look at her now.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatima_Siad

and i mean what she went threw as a child, we forget even though we might have it bad here, things can always be worse

Puckett

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry Puckette but plenty of people work/try fucking hard and don't have shit to show for it,
regardless of their background and how hard they try.

Anyway I am done with this forum. Later.

and there are how many kids say they want to grow up and be doctors, lawyers, artist and whatever else. im not saying we will all be rich but it is possible to be what you want if you try.

JungleBoots

Reaction score
and there are how many kids say they want to grow up and be doctors, lawyers, artist and whatever else. im not saying we will all be rich but it is possible to be what you want if you try.

i dont deny that being born rich and white has benefits that makes things easier...

Maybe the american dream isnt real...

but to a certain extent puckett is right... you want to be a doctor... you can be a doctor... you want to be a circus clown be a circus clown... no one is stopping you even if you are a minority. you yourself have to take your life into your own hands and do what has to be done... if you dont make it you have got no excuse but that you didnt try hard enough.

this doesnt mean that the poor are poor cause they are lazy... but it means that if you dont want your dream job then you gotta bust ass to get it. Same as if you want to survive years of being a hobo... it aint easy... you gotta work hard to keep your lifestyle livable.

Linda/Ziggy

Reaction score
If you don't 'make it' you didn't try 'hard enough'
Wow !
So how come your not a Doctor ??
Is it fun to slum it here on STP, on the streets, at the soup kitchen ????

Middle class white people are so funny !! hHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAA
I assume you are white and middle class cause you sure talk like one.

I think this posting summs up what XBOCAX was trying to get at about privilege in his original posting.

Help meeeeeeeeeee.........
I got sucked back into this forum..
Later folks!
Love n kisses
Linda/Ziggy

Reactions: Mankini

Nelco

Reaction score
i wrote this poem when one of my girl friends told me i was privileged.

how am i privileged
just cuz i am white and male?

what you don't know ,
is that my life has been pillaged
living in this eternal hell
trailer parks and homelessness
lonely nights in prison
never knowing happiness
what was my sin?
so, when you say that i am privileged
you really have no idea
so keep your fucking mouth shut
until you've lived within my sphere....

nice one

JungleBoots

Reaction score
If you don't 'make it' you didn't try 'hard enough'
Wow !
So how come your not a Doctor ??
Is it fun to slum it here on STP, on the streets, at the soup kitchen ????

Middle class white people are so funny !! hHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAA
I assume you are white and middle class cause you sure talk like one.

I think this posting summs up what XBOCAX was trying to get at about privilege in his original posting.

Help meeeeeeeeeee.........
I got sucked back into this forum..
Later folks!
Love n kisses
Linda/Ziggy

why am i not a doctor? cause i decided early on i didnt want to be... i probably dont have the will and patience to become one. Did you try to be a doctor? if no... why didnt you try?

anyone, ANYONE with enough shear will and motivation can get enough finances to get their asses through college, and even get graduate degrees. I know kids that pay off their entire full time tuition working bull shit jobs, they didnt even need financial aid. and anyone can get the jobs they had. AND GUESS WHAT!? one of them was black... another was a 2nd generation mexican immigrant.

do i enjoy being homeless being a hobo... i cant say its always fun.... i can say that i made the choice to be one and I bust my ass to survive and to keep a look out to keep myself safe in a very unsafe world. Its not easy... but honestly... yes... its fun... i enjoy it. im proud of it.

yer right i talk like a middle class white kid... why because ive had enough time on this earth in the few 24 years i have to realize shit doesnt just fall on your lap... shit takes work and time and effort. if you dont put effort fourth you wont get what you want.

but my concession is this... yes... some people dont have to put fourth the same ammount of effort to get what they want as others do... are all people like that white? no... because race does not directly lead to ease of life... wealth does.

im not calling the rich the hardest working and most deserving and im not calling the poor lazy...

im saying if you want something... you have to stand up and take it... period.

xbocax

Reaction score
its hard to say anyone can be whatever they want
especially when you have to go through countless amounts of red tape and people that will deem you worthy or not worthy
i can just get a medical degree and get a job at a hospital i have to be hired first
and if they dont wanna hire because of the way i look they dont have to
so to say you can be whatever you want is only half the truth
you can be whatever others will allow you to be most the time
also
what if a little girl in the middle east in areas where women arent allowed to go to school wants to be a doctor?
what if my mom depends on me to bring a check home every 2 weex just to save my family from starving?
to say you can be whatever you want is definitely something that would come out of the mouth of someone that couldve been whatever they wanted not the less privileged
dont speak for me until youve walked in my shoes

JungleBoots

Reaction score
either find a way or dont...

red tape? like what? whats red tape?
i can see issues of red tape in job availability with people with fellony records...

the way YOU look? or the way any general person of color looks?

because if you mean YOU i would say if i was hiring people even at a mcdonalds a white crusty hobo would really have to prove to me that they are worth my time, and thats generally the mentality of most other employers i see. maybe it would be a good idea to wear a dress shirt and tie to a job interview... maybe it would be a good idea to look professional when looking to get into a professional job... if you are talking about image and the way YOU look. (this is just example... im not assuming you personally dont already know this.) point being... how do you look when you go to get your job? how you look at an interview is like 90% of how an employer makes a hiring decision.

otherwise the situations you proposed contain issues brought on by political law, and class standing. Not an insideous white minority's priviledge that holds back minorities with implicit race favor.

xbocax

Reaction score
either find a way or dont...

red tape? like what? whats red tape?
i can see issues of red tape in job availability with people with fellony records...

the way YOU look? or the way any general person of color looks?

because if you mean YOU i would say if i was hiring people even at a mcdonalds a white crusty hobo would really have to prove to me that they are worth my time, and thats generally the mentality of most other employers i see. maybe it would be a good idea to wear a dress shirt and tie to a job interview... maybe it would be a good idea to look professional when looking to get into a professional job... if you are talking about image and the way YOU look. (this is just example... im not assuming you personally dont already know this.) point being... how do you look when you go to get your job? how you look at an interview is like 90% of how an employer makes a hiring decision.

otherwise the situations you proposed contain issues brought on by political law, and class standing. Not an insideous white minority's priviledge that holds back minorities with implicit race favor.

i shouldve used the term complications instead of red tape

it doesnt matter whether its me or a person of color point is if someone doesnt like you because of how you look your not getting the job i was rebutting your stance on anyone can be w/e they want not necessarily the people of color issue

but if youd like to get into that the restaraunt i work at hires nothing but cute whit girls for the wait staff and not my gf who is of color when i brought it up the manager said he hired the girls he did its because what the customer wants

to think you can do whatever you want based on merrit completely does not take into account the fact that unless you build your own w/e from the floor up you will always have to appease others and others may not like your piercing, color, accent etc etc

you can say if you were a manager blahblahblah
but
your not everyone and the fact is there are pleanty of people that will decline or accept you based on appearance whether that be things youve done to yourself or just the body you were born into.

xbocax

Reaction score
also the situations i proposed were a rebuttal on the you can be whatever you want argument and not the white privilege topic but as youd imagine based on my stance white privilege would just add a whole other dimension to the limits people may face

xbocax

Reaction score
heres a little exercise go to google images and put in every profession you can think of
youll be o so surprised to find that 90% of the time all the people will be white
sometimes youll get black
and verrrrrrry rarely some other person of color

Puckett

Banned
Reaction score
heres a little exercise go to google images and put in every profession you can think of
youll be o so surprised to find that 90% of the time all the people will be white
sometimes youll get black
and verrrrrrry rarely some other person of color

when you google an image 90% are white? i dont get the point of this statement. the pics you google depend on who puts them on the internet in the first place. and it depends on what your goggleing. so still i say i dont get this statement.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads