What classifies someone as a "slut"? | Page 3 | Squat the Planet

What classifies someone as a "slut"?

Subsick

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think "slut" is synonymous with promiscuity. I wouldn't consider someone (male or female) a slut if they just really like sex and aren't terribly picky about who they "get some" from. I would only use the word slut when promiscuity is tied to using people, hurting people, and just being an asshole in general.

Basically what was said a couple posts up.

oldmanLee

Reaction score
Sprout,I beg to differ!I'm as pure as the driven snow!Er,at least parts of me.........maybe..........can't quite remember about that one evening involving surgilube,sand,a flyswatter,and a dwarf Latvian nun.........

MiztressWinter

Like A Boss
Reaction score
I look at it this way. It's human nature to have the urge to fuck, Not all people actually like sex, but most do. If you wanna fuck...then fuck. Who gives a fuck? I don't. Just be careful (protection, get tested, etc) so that when you fuck, you don't wind up with a disease or unwanted pregnancy.

I personally don't judge other's on their sexual explorations. Some people ....only like one flavor of ice cream...some people just GOTTA try all 31 flavors. Hey...it's your ice cream...lick it if you wanna...just be careful your shit don't sour...

Reactions: Ireen

tallhorseman

Reaction score
A slut is any woman, no matter how saintly, who just did the hibbity-dibbity with another man and left you feeling all inadequate -n- shit, lolol.

JahDucky

Reaction score
In my oppinion a slut isnt someone who has sex with multiple people(im not just saying this because ive had so many past partners-i do connect in some way leading to the act-) But People who will have sex with people they cant stand(in one of my close friends cases-he still doesnt understand why he would waste his time on such idiotic girls for a lousy bj-) or folks who have sex but dont really know why, or even to keep "friends" around(folks who have made themselves the fuck buddy and nothing more).

PFAT

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I hate words that classify people.
This one especially though... it's not often you hear of a guy mentioned as a slut... and if he is it's not necessarily looked down on. Sometimes even encouraged.
If a girl sleeps with a guy or two that she's not with OR is open to do more in the bed (or kitchen, or park bench...) she's a slut and it IS looked down on.
Slut is definitely not a word I'd ever use to describe someone.

wokofshame

Reaction score
Website
www.weather.gov
i know were supposed to be all alternative & shit but really in my exprience women who hook up with lots of guys have low self esteem and are unhappy and it drops a notch with every new guy. very few women i know can have sex without either getting emotionally attached or just feeling used.
yes, there are some who are unaffected by being promiscous but honestly i gotta say a lot of women who are promiscous feel bad about themselves inside but hide it with the whole i am liberated line. painful to hear but true for most.

JahDucky

Reaction score
Amen to that murt....amen

adragonfly

Reaction score
If you love sex, pleasure, and intimacy, you are a slut. I am proudly a slut. that is my definition.

Calling somebody a slut as an insult says more about the person who is making the statement rather than the person being called a slut. It is usually done out of envy and jealousy, and fuck the feeling of envy, unless it inspires you.

Tare

Reaction score
Im not sure what a slut is, but know that people with the following traits are usually classified as such. One who objectifies them self. Someone who's identity is based around being that guy or girl that everyone knows they can go to for sex, and thats it. No other real dimensions in their character, and they're not having sex for the enjoyment, but to fill some psychological hole in themselves, no forms of protection, just some half hazard self-destructive shit. And then flaunt the fact to cause drama, and get more negative attention. Give that person a hug.

MiztressWinter

Like A Boss
Reaction score
Wow. Rereading this thread, a lot of things said here make me really, really sad and disgusted. In fact, so much stuff that I could fill up a whole page commenting on all of it, but I won't.

Ok here's my feelings, and I will lay it out on the line as plain as I can.

Who the hell am I to judge someone else on their sexual activity. It's none of my god damn business what anyone does with their body. I don't see how anyone (male or female) could call anyone else (male or female) a name like slut, because where do we get the RIGHT to tell someone else how to live? To me that's the same as judging someone on their religious preferences, or their dietary preferences, or anything else! It's their damn body, not yours. And if that is what they like, then why judge them? Personally I think, if someone is going to have a lot of sex, and with multiple partners, they should be using protection every time, for their safety and others. Other than that I could freaking care LESS what someone does in the sack, and wouldn't even think of calling someone out as a slut, whore, whatever. It's just not even my damn place to do so?!

Personally, I am really super comfortable talking about, as well as joking about sex. I have a very perverted humor, and it doesn't bother me a bit to show it, lol, as some of you know. Why should it? Why shouldn't I be able to talk about it? Or joke about it? Is there some written rule that says people shouldn't joke about stuff like that? I don't think so. And I know this is going a little bit off topic, but I just think it should be said. There's a good bit of double standard out there...where men can joke and be perverts and talk about sex, but when women do it, they're whores or sluts. And yes, I HAVE been called both because I like to talk about, and joke about sex. And because I can just plain be sexual in nature at times. I'm not a *man hater* and this is not a *man bash* but it blows my mind that some guys think women can't openly discuss this like men can? Says who? I will be the first person to admit that I am a pervert. Most definitely. But a slut? A whore? Because I'm super relaxed with having sexual conversations? Discussing sex in general? Because I openly crack perverted jokes? No. I don't think that calls for harsh words like slut or whore. You can call me a pervert all day and I'll smile, but I would be apt to *rage* as franny said, with being called a slut.

Reactions: Gudj

SineNomine

Reaction score
The only time I'll judge a man/woman as a slut is if he/she sleeps around behind their partner's back. Otherwise I see no reason to judge someone for enjoying sex and having as much as they want. Just use protection ffs. But really, I find cheating to be one of the most disgusting of betrayals.

Last edited by a moderator:

MiztressWinter

Like A Boss
Reaction score
I still wouldn't call them a slut, personally cuz I just dont use that word period :p But I do find it disgusting. If you make a commitment to be in a relationship, it's just foul to cheat. Period

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads