The Jingles | Squat the Planet

The Jingles

jabbyscabby

Reaction score
So a lot of my friends have JINGLES... HA HA Acorn

Jingles = Hobo tools that is connected to your clothing, some where that jingles A LOT (Not smart to have out when in a yard)!

So what is on your Jingles?

Scaby= pig/bottle opener, p38, Ace lock (saving to make a smiley), Huge In-n-Out Safety pin that keeps it all together, and a Hobo tool that has a Spoon. fork. knife. Pig, And a Master lock key that I'm going to shave down to open various of locks!

Whats on your jingles?

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
p-38 can opener, little click on flash light, pocket knife with fork spoon and other shit, cork screw, and extra shoelace.

katiehabits

Reaction score
Website
kthabits.tumblr.com
i used to travel with a spork, the key to a old squat, and a can opener on a carabeaner.
lost the sport lost the can opener. wear the key around my neck. my friends used to make alot of fun of me for "jingling" all the time. they always knew when i was comeing.

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
I actually use a belt organizer which holds a compass, multitool, writing implements, vitamin packets fairly inconspicuously- no jingling for me!

Of course I do have to do a lot of sneaking about...

jabbyscabby

Reaction score
i used to travel with a spork, the key to a old squat, and a can opener on a carabeaner.
lost the sport lost the can opener. wear the key around my neck. my friends used to make a lot of fun of me for "jingling" all the time. they always knew when i was comeing.

HAHA, when I'm at my home town and i hear jingling 90% of the time I know it's a friend coming up. i always try to guess who it might be.

Bendixontherails

Reaction score
p-54 times 2 ( incase I meet someone who doesn't have one)
small squeeze led flashlight (red)
back piece of a hair beret I found. ( great pipe tamper )
broken mini-maglite full of waterproof matches and dryer lint.

Bendixontherails

Reaction score
the p-54 is what I was TOLD it was called when I bought my first one. I have since found out it is Australian military and is called a FRED.

The FRED is a cousin of the P-38 Can opener. It utilizes the same basic design, but also adds a small spoon on one end and a bottle opener on the other. FRED is an official acronym - Food Ration Extraction Device - but is usually known by the more popular "Frigging Ridiculous Eating Device." For two small bits of stamped metal, it is astoundingly useful for boot scraping, cutting, wire stripping, prying things apart, and opening boxes. It can also be used as a screwdriver, an improvised tool for firearm maintenance or radio Repair, and even a small but effective weapon. Oh, yeah, and it opens cans.

fred_1.jpg

stove

Reaction score
Most of those little essentials are in one of my hip pouches, but around my neck I've got:

Cord Saw, P-38, Whistle, Photo LED light, little 1-inch BUCK knife, safety pin. It doesn't usually make a lot of noise, as I prefer to listen to what is around me. That FRED looks like a cool lil fucker, where can I grab one?

L.C.

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I prefer not to jingle,but i carry a mini mag, a watch [belt style],knife,and a nalgene. I keep my crap tight,so i can roll beverly hills ninja style:).

Bendixontherails

Reaction score
I have found them at several mil.surplus stores. and I have also seen them (once) at walmart, in a two pack blistersealed to a piece of green cardboard in the camping section.

Angela

Wandering But Not Lost Yet
Reaction score
Why on earth would anyone want to jingle?

Yeah, that kind of sums up my thoughts about jingling. When traveling, yes I have stuff hanging off of me so that I can have easy access to things and not have to go digging around for them. But I don't consider this a fashion statement like some folks seem to. When I'm in town for more than a few days that stuff gets stowed away.

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
currently mine are a few saftey pins and a keylight w/ an on / off switch on a carabiner

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
Has anyone played with the lighter leash? It's a retractable line that clips on and holds a lighter. I dumpstered one a while ago, fixed it, and figured it'd go well with a flashlight with the flashlight attached to the sheath. I figure it may be nice for jingles, too. Not sure how well the line holds up with time though.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads