The Jingles

Dirty Rig

Reaction score
I have a spoon, fork, and bottle opener hanging from a carribeaner, but I don't know about all this "jingler" business. I try to keep shit in pockets and keep my wu-tang style quieter than a ninja.

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
if i collect all the hobo tools and get the biggest hobo jingles, will my loud hobo jingle attract a lot of new hobo friends? man, i want one. maybe i can win the hobo jingle-off and be crowned the most jingley of all hobos! someone will finally ask me to the hobo prom.

...?

i usually just keep stuff in my outside pockets of my pack. if i'm sitting down long enough to open and eat a can of food i have enough time to rustle thru my bag for a sec and grab my spoon. if im about to go somewhere where i need a light i put my headlamp on before i go there. the only thing i keep on my belt any more is my knife if i'm somewhere where i'll need it or somewhere sketchy. sometimes when hitching with truckers or a ladyfriend too. i mean, i'm all for multi tools but this whole 'jingles' business..?

Angela

Wandering But Not Lost Yet
Reaction score
if i collect all the hobo tools and get the biggest hobo jingles, will my loud hobo jingle attract a lot of new hobo friends? man, i want one. maybe i can win the hobo jingle-off and be crowned the most jingley of all hobos! someone will finally ask me to the hobo prom.
...?
i usually just keep stuff in my outside pockets of my pack. if i'm sitting down long enough to open and eat a can of food i have enough time to rustle thru my bag for a sec and grab my spoon. if im about to go somewhere where i need a light i put my headlamp on before i go there. the only thing i keep on my belt any more is my knife if i'm somewhere where i'll need it or somewhere sketchy. sometimes when hitching with truckers or a ladyfriend too. i mean, i'm all for multi tools but this whole 'jingles' business..?

Almost poetic macks!!
I can see the need for easily available stuff when out traveling, like in the woods or when you first get into town from somewhere else(see my previous post on this thread) but can someone please explain to me the phenomenon of "jingles", the way both hipster kids and travelers seem to wear them as a fashion statement, I don't get it.

veggieguy12

The Captain
Reaction score
macks said:

Umm, hey macks, uh...
So, like, I thought that, um, maybe if you were going, and like, if you don't have a date already, um... would you wanna go to the Hobo Prom with me?
(Oh my god, I was so nervous!)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads