Shoes

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
boots versus shoes

hmmm well i have the option of a brand new free pair of those so im going for it :)
my moms boyfriend is in the airforce. maybe his boring ass is worth something after all.

Kraken

Reaction score
ive currently got a job that i can save money with and i recently splurged on a pair of steel toe high top with Goretex they are awesome they keepwater out and the goretex takes your foot juices out, leaving your feet nice and dry

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
boots versus shoes

has anyone ever tried airforce boots?
I wore some basic issue army boots for a while, I think they were called 'ultras' or something like that? The soles were hard wearing, but a bit too hard, they had almost no cushioning and they ended up cracking. I got it from someone who went AWOL, so at least they were free.

R

rottenmushroom

i wear dickies workboots, their pretty durable in most situations. had them for almost a year and their just now starting to wear flat.

Treath

Reaction score
I wear skate shoes because they're always comfy and cheap. Look for them in Marshalls or Ross stores for a good low price, I got mine for $24 and they're all usually $74 in other stores.

my 0.02.

skiptown

Reaction score
Chattanooga, Olympia or Oakland. Sometimes Brookly
rememberusername said:
http://www.vasque.com/products/m-wasatchgtx.cfm

What I am wearing right now. Before I was wearing Converse-y type shoes. I got tired of the difficulty of running on train ballast, and tired of my feet getting wet, plus the seems were ripping because I skated in them once. I like my new shoes, but still not as happy as I could with a pair of Montrails like Widerstand... they are light, look sturdy, and look comfortable. Mine are alittle more for Hiking.. not to good for long cemented flat walks.

I totally stand behind the vasque hiking or backpacking shoes. I have almost the same pair http://www.vasque.com/products/w-mica.cfm that are my travel shoes and they are breathable, wick sweat away from your feet and pretty waterproof as well while the provide ankle support and have pretty good tread that take a long time to wear down. I personally haven't had any problems walking around forever on flat cement since I acquired a pair of high arch insoles. If i'm just kickin' it around town I'll wear chucks or soled slippers.

wasted

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
used to wear a pair of green doc martens a couple of sizes too large. they lasted me 4-5 years before deciding to finally fall apart in san francisco when it rained almost every day for a couple of weeks.

now i've got some skate shoes, and they're comfortable (not that boots aren't, your feet just have to mold to the boots). best thing is being able to just slip them on and off. only downside is that for the first time ever my feet smell really bad, and my shoes smell worse.

Antik

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about vegan combat boots. Do they hold up well or crack like shitty walmart shoes. Im havin a real problem finding cruelty free boots.

I've been looking at these boots right here
VEGETARIAN SHOES Boulder Boot from Vegetarian Shoes

VEGETARIAN SHOES Para Boot in Black from Vegetarian Shoes

They're vegan and modeled after docs, kinda expensive.. I don't know how good they are, though. Looking into getting a pair, maybe, unless I can find something cheaper.

connerR

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
0ba8_1.JPG

I took these on a trip up north and they were flawless. Comfortable for walking and riding, lots of padding, durable...

Poking Victim

Reaction score
I can't stop wearing my Adidas Phantom high tops. It's been several duct tape/shoe goo jobs and the soles are wearing out. I won't wear low tops and I like shoes to climb shit.

sleep

Reaction score
I wear some german combat boots I picked up at a flea market they seem to be holding up pretty good i also have a pair of globe skate shoes that have been through multiple shoe goo jobs. Speaking of shoe goo that stuff works great give it a try its much better than duct tape.

farmer john

Reaction score
altama jungle boots with a bear greese coating
wear them everyday for 2 years still holden2gether just sum scratches and slight heel tread wear from stomping on concrete

nitepeepole

Reaction score
i wear size 15 so i cant just get shoes anywhere and they don't even fukkng have my size in europe. i was rolling through europe with all stars and boots and i lost a con in granada. i jumped up on a wall and my shoe went flying into the river. so i spent the rest of the next couple months walking around in boots. fuck boots. they make my feet bleed. i like this thread.

sprout

Reaction score
I have tiny feet and great difficulty finding good boots I can afford. I have been wearing my steel toed docs since I was twelve and they are still in great condition but impractical for traveling.
The other "pair" of shoes I carry with me are town freestore moccasins... except they are two completely different kinds of moccasins. Oh well, they are super comfortable and I take what I can get from freestores.

Feral

Reaction score
I was always a fan of wearing the combat boots while traveling but recently I have found that one of the better shoes, at least for me, where Teva's. Teva is a sandal that is closed toe and that you can where socks with if its cold out but wonderful for letting your feet heal up and providing great protection as well.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads