Shoes

Bendixontherails

Reaction score
Ok yall,
so what kind of shoes do you wear?

chucks? combat boots? sandals? inquiring minds and all that shit.

after wearing the same heavy ass boots for two years, I broke down and bought a pair of lowtop, steel toe, waterproof 'boots'. oH shit. i think I have jungle rot. the fucking things don't let water in... but neither do they let it out! it's been four days of regular use and i'm standing in a fucking swamp.:angry:
im starting to get sores on my feet. fuck! i spent thirty dollars!

TBone

Reaction score
Big ass hiking boots I found used. I payed 30 bucks I think. They are Merell and have the vibram soles which fucking rock. I've not used them for anything extended yet but I think they'll do really well.

C

Cush

I wear a pair of combat boots that i got at a rummage sale i got for $4. i keep a pair of cheap sandals in my pack for when i get into town and don't want to walk around with heavy boots on.

K

Kendall

Bendixontherails wrote:
I broke down and bought a pair of lowtop, steel toe, waterproof 'boots'.

Man, if you hop in cold enough weather you could get frostbite on your toes from the steel. Wouldn't recommend it.

Post edited by: Kendall, at: 2007/04/24 08:24

Bendixontherails

Reaction score
kendall- won't be a problem. I am going to burn them in a preplanned fit of rage tonight.

tbone- hell yeah. the vibram soles kick ass. there's a reason the miltary uses em.B)

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i used to rock the docs and combat boots, etc for years till i donned my first pair of skate shoes. suddenly i realized how dumb i was for wearing boots that whole time.

there's no substitute for good skate shoes in my opinion, padded, strong soles, cheap if you know where to get them. breathable!

TBone

Reaction score
I was rocking skate shoes for awhile until I went ankle deep in rotten grain. :sick: I retired them after that the smell just wouldn't go away.

Bendixontherails

Reaction score
MattPist wrote:
cheap if you know where to get them. breathable!

do they stay dry inside pretty well?

the only places I know of are the Big Blue Demon Store, and a skate shop. I sure ain't payin' the man at the first, and the sk8 shops are damn high$.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
chucks are possibly the worst shoe you could possibly choose for traveling. anyone who's been in a train yard in chucks knows that (myself included). also, they're sweatshop shoes now too.

for cheap skate shoes, i usually try thrift stores. as for them staying dry, ive never really had a problem with them.

F

FrumpyWatkins

Globes and DCs are extremely padded and last a decent time. However when skate shoes get very wet they are hard to dry and when they do dry, they get chunk. Chunky meaning the padding drys weird with chunks in it. Also they weigh about 10 pounds when drenched, the pads are like sponges. They are good if you can stay out of several inches of water though. Padding wise I find them also to be the most common at the thrift store, next to Vans. Vans suck though and they fall apart for me.

Post edited by: FrumpyWatkins, at: 2007/04/26 09:36

Yeah, was thinking chucks mainly for if you are just bumming around town on your way to your next ride or whatever. Wasn't thinking for actually travelling. I probably missed the relevancy on that part. I still think nothing beats skateshoes though, especially globes as Frumpy stated.

S

shane

the big problem for me i'm sure for most of you is wearing holes threw the bottom??that shit sucks.last year i wore threw 2 pairs.and it seems like you don't get the chance to acuire new ones easily when you need them.luckily i was given a pair of these aku??italian hiking boots that are all leather,gortex and vibram soles.i gotta say they're a little klunky but their awesome.usually i rock the tevas most of the time tho"shamelessly!!

K

Kendall

shane wrote:
the big problem for me i'm sure for most of you is wearing holes threw the bottom??that shit sucks.

I'm down to the cardboard on my vans at the moment. Are vans domestic or foreign manufactured? I can't tell; the patches with the size and stuff are long gone.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads