Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
M

Monkeywrench

It's kinda warm and sunny here now NOLA. NOPD are living up to all the horror stories that I've been hearing about. I have pretty limited access to internet, so if you get here--hit me up on my phone. Anyone else here yet?

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I'm leavin new england this monday, with a few stops on the way. if all goes well, I should be in town the 1st week in Feb. if anyone wants my # PM me.

lookcloserbeauty

Reaction score
I am finally on my way there now...leavin fla either today or tomorrow! finally!

M

Monkeywrench

Hey all. I've been in NOLA for a while now and the weather's really turned around. ALSO, please try and avoid some of the big n00b mistakes kids have been making here when they first get into town. I've already had 2-3 friends locked up in OPP for bullshit that could've been avoided had they exercized some common sense.

-Don't spange/busk on Bourbon. That street is douchebag central and the cops love giving you shit.

-Don't wander around the Quarter with your pack. You're basically a huge target for NOPD, especially now that Mardi Gras is coming up.

-DO NOT be an idiot and head to/stash your shit at "School Squat". Both schools in the 8th ward are completely blown up, full of cracked out homebums, mountainous piles of human shit, rigs, and needles. No matter how ninja you think you might be, the cops know you're in there, and will be waiting for you in the mornings. Awesome squats are incredibly easy to come by here.

-Tuesday and Thursday are sweep nights. So if you're a loudmouth, and you like to crush gallons of whiskey with your friends and your 20 obnoxious dogs, try and do it by the river, or just out of sight of the 3 billion tourists/police.

Stay safe, and I'm looking forward to kicking it with all of you. PM for my digits, and we can get schwilly.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
anyone coming to town is free to hit me up for my # as well.

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
Well, I ain't gonna be able to make it to this one...Just got info that my lil sis has a problem with her babies daddy that she's too afraid to handle and asked me to help her...Gotta get up 181 dollars for a greyhound to cali and take care of some shit.

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
Ha I guess it is meant to be yall...the dude I was going to "have a talk with" for my lil sis ended up gettin hit by a car haha. as chalmbers said Karmas a bitch. So Im hoping to get ther by the 8th...or ninth...or tenth..etc

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
nice!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
So for any late comers to the thread, everybody should be meeting on the steps today at 3pm on the riverwalk. It's the only set of steps that go down INTO the water, so you can't miss it!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads