For the new kids: the Pineapple line

veggieguy12

The Captain
Reaction score
anyone rode it recently? i heard they are re-routing traffic up to near anchorage and then down
new catchout info for Pineapple will be in 2011 cru change
also, they are almost always using dpus on the morning departures, ask friendly worker
there has been talk of a heat-detector gun too, so make sure to eat a bunch of ice before the tunnel comes up outta the ocean and runs onto the island

JonnyNothings

Reaction score
I also heard the PE also was building under the U.S and was going to C.C in Alliance, Nebraska to connect with this new "Tea Party Express Line". I met some people who have talked about this new project they call it the Tpel. Has anyone heard of this or know when its going to be finished. I was told that it goes from Boston Harbour to Finland. That would be extreme. If anyone has more info on the Tpel let me know!

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
Oh, make sure to grab some rail spikes from that line if you see any lying around! Those stainless steel rail spikes are really hard to come by, and I'll pay you a nice fee for them!

JonnyNothings

Reaction score
l_c8f2198ec6bf4343832b70115953718f.jpg
If have seen this poster anywhere near the P.E C.C Please be careful.

connerR

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Your BNSF card probably won't work too well as it's a UP line. I think BNSF might have trackage rights though, I'm not sure. I saw a BNSF unit on one of the PE trains once, though. You probably won't get arrested, though. Especially once you're out in international waters. Also, try to wear a yellow or orange bandana. Da Hui is the main group that rides that line.

For food and water, neither is necessary. It goes over the ocean, duh! Just jump in and drink up while it's sided for US Military vessels. You can also troll for fish. I caught a shark last time I was on it with nothing but a space bag and some paracord.

This is the catch out spot for the Pineapple Line. You have to wade in the water under the bridge. It's totally chill, I guess you could say. Just watch out for an old homebum who goes by Captain Ahab. He has these crazy stories about whales and stuff, it gets annoying after a while.

IMG_4954.jpg

Hope that answered your questions.

dirtyfacedan

Reaction score
First CC, I'll post some night shots soon. Oh ya...BNSF sure does have track rights. Notice the yard is fenced.

picture.php

• Haha
Reactions: Any Beans Necessary

connerR

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
First CC, I'll post some night shots soon. Oh ya...BNSF sure does have track rights. Notice the yard is fenced.

picture.php

I'd stay away from that spot, though. I have a friend who knew a guy who got life in prison for thinking about going there. I guess the bull is a real mean guy.

Dirty Rig

Reaction score
Sorry if everyone got all butthurt about another Pineapple thread. Didn't realize the content in the "general banter" forum was such high-priority.

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
ArrowInOre said:
That's it, the next asshole that asks for a CC for the PE has to walk the length of the line, fuck that ...(Moderator hammer struck, "So mote it be!")

Seriously people, getting really friggin annoying. Over the river and through the woods, how hard can that be to fucking remember...shit!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
this is now one of my favorite threads on StP!

smellsea

Reaction score
i rode the pineapple line in a pile of trash miles high! me and all my buddies, we hid under the trash, ate the trash, and breathed trash for 10 days, straight threw the ocean to hawaii. yep.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads