For the new kids: the Pineapple line

Dirty Rig

Reaction score
You've heard about the Pineapple line, right?
It's this super-badass route that UP takes straight from Seattle to the Hawaii islands. I've ridden it like six or seven times! It's a freight train that goes straight under the ocean! For hundreds and hundreds of miles!

Post all your radical stories about riding the elusive Pineapple line here!

By the way, if you haven't ridden Pineapple yet, you're probably another fucking oogle, bro.

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
Man I was riding it and fell off. It ran over my head, and I had to get up and run supa fast to jump on it again. Thanks for the bandana tip..next time I won't have to hold my breathe the whole way!

mylon

Lawn Care Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody have any maps or schedules for the pineapple? Im trying to find a good rail. Also i herd its hot like hotter than roseville even. Any tips? If it makes a difference im starting from a walmart store location.

EDIT: Fuck you guys who disabling all-caps!

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
There is no schedule yo, you call them and they pick you up. It's like jesus, it can be everywhere all at once.

bote

Reaction score
My homey t-bag was ridin the pineaple 1 munth ago and he said there white jet skis parked like hiding behind the P of the PAcific (I guess that´s like right before the A, I dunno though I´m gonna go for my first trainhop in 2 years my mom said I have to mow the lawn first it´s so fucked up) t-bag said he could tell they were bulls so watch out anybody who´s going tat way, cheers!

sprout

Reaction score
I was riding the Pineapple Express back in '86. For some reason, we didn't crew change at the big island; I had to hop off on the fly at 60 knots when I saw land. Turned out I had gotten off at Kalaupapa at the leprosy colony. But they turned out to be cool, I drank hella forties with them before I got back on the Pineapple Express.

oldmanLee

Reaction score
Back in '81 after I got back in the states,I wound up living in la petit roche,and had a job working at one of the non-union railcar repair shops.You could always tell when a PE car came in,the saltwater always destroyed the truck springs,and the damned barnacles were at least 4 inches thick.They really have improved things since those days,what with poly coating the rolling stock to keep the little buggers from getting a grip.

connerR

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I didn't think the Pineapple Line really existed, but it does. When I was riding it, a bull on a jet ski saw me though, so I had to jump off.

Here's the mainline coming into the islands:
BridgeOverBay_300W.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: Any Beans Necessary

Dameon

Reaction score
I caught the pineapple express on the fly, by diving off a boat in the pacific and drilling a hole into the tunnel. Then I just waited until it was going under me and dropped down straight into a gondola. Unfortunately, I got pulled off by a tribal bull at an unmarked desert island. I didn't understand him, but he made it clear that the penalty for getting pulled off at that particular island was being eaten by the tribe. He made this clear by tying me to a pole and hanging me over a fire, while speaking angrily in a strange language and jabbing his spear at me fiercely. Luckily, I managed to use my pocket knife to cut myself free, jumped off a cliff, beat a shark into submission, and rode it the rest of the way to Hawaii.

Dirty Rig

Reaction score
Funny story, though. I told some kid in Georgia about the Pineapple line from WA to Hawaii, just bustin' his balls and shit.

Two months later, I got a very angry phone call from Seattle.

Dirty Rig

Reaction score
No, from him. He wasn't a beginner, he'd just never heard the joke before. Didn't think he'd take it seriously. Went all the way to Seattle to try to catch it, and all the Seattle kids laughed at him when he told them what he was doing. I felt bad, but I still maintain it was kinda funny.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads