Electricians, and other awesome people needed in the East Bay

soymilkshakes

Reaction score
So I and a bunch of kids are working on a house in Oakland. Any help is awesome, but we especially need some assitance with starting the electricity. If you're around the area and have knowledge in that field or just wanna hang and clean, paint, install windows etc lemme know!

stove

Reaction score
Sadly I'm holed up in Montana until early April, but if you still need help after that, or if I can help from afar, drop me a PM. I'm not an electrician per se, but I grabbed a degree in Electrical Engineering and worked as a sparky for a few years. Sorry I can't be more help, most of the electrical stuff is easy w/a code book (if you care about codes).

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
See if you can get a hold of Lostetta who is working on Hellarity when she gets back from New Orleans?

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
Same here, stuck in wisconsin fer the winter, till mid to late april any time around then, Im yours

sweet potatoe

Reaction score
ooh ican come down in like, 2 weeks? or if you still need help durin the summer id love to then, an id be down that way anywho
best of luck though, i hope this works

BananaPhuck

Reaction score
I'm pretty familiar with wiring, and understand how everything works. I was planning on heading to San Fran or Seattle within the next few weeks. The bay area seems like it would be warmer right about now, so I would most likely head down there. If you need help, I would be happy to assist (would be a great first experience for me).

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
what happened?

soymilkshakes

Reaction score
what happened?

Well, we'd been telling inquiring neighbors (who were mostly ecstatic that someone was finally doing something about this house that had been abandoned for over 10 years) and nosy po-po that we had an agreement with the owner to work on the house. The city got wind of this and contacted/fined the landlord a whole shit ton of money because, apparently, the house was condemned. Based on interactions with city officials, though, I'm pretty sure they knew the owner wasn't aware but wanted to fuck him over for leaving this building blighting the neighborhood.
If that is what they were trying to do, they failed miserably. Now the beautiful old thang is boarded up again. Bastards.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads