Choosing a Road Dog

Geoff

Reaction score
What traits should i look out for in people to travel with, good and bad. Even close friends get on people's nerves sometimes.:drinking:

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
Basically, you want someone who can help you out in a bad spot and a person you want to share the good times with.

First, that person should watch out for you and not be a coward, and should also feel comfortable enough with you so to speak up and not withhold useful information from you. Wisdom, resourcefulness, and smarts are nice and more useful the worse the situation is. Different skillsets are also good, if you aren't a people person, your partner should be, if you are more a city squatter, having a woods squatter is useful.

jabbyscabby

Reaction score
Basically, you want someone who can help you out in a bad spot and a person you want to share the good times with.

First, that person should watch out for you and not be a coward, and should also feel comfortable enough with you so to speak up and not withhold useful information from you. Wisdom, resourcefulness, and smarts are nice and more useful the worse the situation is. Different skillsets are also good, if you aren't a people person, your partner should be, if you are more a city squatter, having a woods squatter is useful.

Nicely said!!!

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
find someone independent but friendly. oh and make sure they have a good attitude and especially make sure they are well prepared and mentally sharp. reliability is key. and make sure that they have the same interests. if you drink, it would be nice if they drank so theres no conflict.

Geoff

Reaction score
yeah i've always found that to be a conflict while spanging if someone doesn't drink and you're spending part of the cash on booze it kind of seems unfair.

M

Mouse

I find that fuck buddies never work

ahaha

but we already knew that.

anyhoo... seriously...

I would prefer to travel with females, just cuz i think i'd prefer their company better long term. i tend to end up traveling with boyfriends which never ends well. lesson learned.. then learned again. I'm slow. sorry. lol.

it's just sometimes hard to come across a female that isn't already tied to a guy. if she's not she got some im-so-hardass issue or the opposite, way too sissy. oooor the typical "i'll dip out if anything with a dick invites me somewhere" kinda girls. or maybe i'm jst picky?

my friend Kelly would be my ideal travel partner but we're not able to travel together yet... she's older, smart as hell, can always manage to make money, doesn't drink too much, is friendly but street smart, and can always make me smile. plus the bitch always has a car lol

shua

Reaction score
it's just sometimes hard to come across a female that isn't already tied to a guy. if she's not she got some im-so-hardass issue or the opposite, way too sissy. oooor the typical "i'll dip out if anything with a dick invites me somewhere" kinda girls. or maybe i'm jst picky?

i gotta agree with you. now dont get me wroung im not saying all girls suck, but alot of the chicks ive met travelling are either, a) im the most bad ass mother fucker ever or b) a prissy ass bitch with a few dirt stains.

some of my favourite people ive met on the road have bin females, but god damn some of em get on my nerves.

Angela

Wandering But Not Lost Yet
Reaction score
i gotta agree with you. now dont get me wroung im not saying all girls suck, but alot of the chicks ive met travelling are either, a) im the most bad ass mother fucker ever or b) a prissy ass bitch with a few dirt stains.

some of my favourite people ive met on the road have bin females, but god damn some of em get on my nerves.

Way too many guys and gals get on my nerves, but that's why I tend to just travel with a four legged dog.

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
ugh...im traveling with my boyfriend this april...if it doesnt work out who needs a road dog? lol i dont complain much, hate random fucking, i drink but not excessively, great at spanging, and i'm far from cocky haha

spud

Reaction score
the best thing to look for is someone with the same goals and necesisitys as you, you dont want to be with a junkie if your an alcoholic and you dont want to be with who likes a lot of company and conversation if you only started traveling to get alone in the first place

Reactions: Shadowmarque

stove

Reaction score
eh, I tend to take the "shotgun" approach. I'll travel with damn near anyone, but ready to drop them at the next corner if it's not working out. Ideally, someone that can handle that has got it made. If you can both travel independently, all the better!

Reactions: Shadowmarque

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
How do yall feel about traveling with couples, dont fight and arent really all fucking mushy gushy b/s either. Weve been looking to start up again around mid april but dont want to go just us too boring wanna travel with other peeps too...anyone interested?

bote

Reaction score
if you're riding a lot of trains, you probably want a smaller breed that you can pick up easily, but then some bigger dogs can jump up onto porches themselves and they're better guard dogs. I like sheppard/ black lab crosses myself, and Italian Mastiffs are pretty smart, like lionesses.

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Widerstand said:
What? you hate random fucking? as in your standing at an ATM and you look over and people are fucking?

no i meant personally im not into running off with guys into bushes and leaving my friends to say "fuck that chick is fucking pathetic." if i find someone fucking just laugh and make fun of who they fucked the next morning lol

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
I think for me it depends on the length of the trip. If I'm just going a short distance at once I'm less selective. My next trip I think will just be my best bud and I cause it's going to be longer. I think that'll work well cause we can watch eachothers backs and we know that neither of us will do stupid shit and get ourselves hurt or caught. It's not that I think people I don't know well WILL fuck up and get me in a bad spot, it's that they MIGHT fuck up and get me in a bad spot.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads