What's your favorite piece of gear?

120 Proof Vomit

Reaction score
someone mentioned the p38 in here, and those are the shit! I lost mine, but my favorite thing gear-wise is probably this sick American Camper multi-tool with a fucking tool where you can use sockets on it, and a few common sized sockets cut out of the handle. Pretty neat shit...

mattattack

Reaction score
My favorite piece is a 4inch Winchester folding knife I got a long time ago, but it is super light and small, plus I have gutted a whole caribou with it before.

menu

Reaction score
water key and my multi tool. both really help out on the reg. and sewing kit. def a need

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
my Kleen Kanteen metal water bottle with pop top. it's durable as hell, it keeps me hydrated and I can use it to boil water other stuff in a pinch.

christa

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
insulated coveralls. a pain in the ass to carry when its hot but can be rolled up to the size of a sleeping bag. with the right hat it totally makes you look like a worker. warmest shit ever

MrD

Internet SuperHero
Reaction score
Website
www.sometimesmotion.com
One of my favorite pieces of gear lately has been my Therm-a-Rest® ProLite Plus self-inflating air mattress.
These damn things are great!
I got the small sized one, it is perfect torso sized, dose not weigh a thing, and when deflated and rolled up it is no larger than maybe a nalgene
Damn glad that I came up on that thing!!

Teko

rooted
StP Supporter
Reaction score
my hammock! bout 11oz and maybe 15 with the suspension.its just lovely. tarp folded up in it ;)

Mr. Expendable

Reaction score
i was going through old stuff and i found my brother old pack.... it's one of those old skate boarding ones from when they first came out with straps for the board..... it's my new favorite piece.... it's surprisingly can hold a lot including my sleeping bag and there's the straps on the outside if im packing heavy.... and its got all sorts of straps and shit for tightening and compacting.... sooo fucking stoked on the find

LarZ

Reaction score
I would definitely say my bedding. Specifically my bag but also my mat. This past winter I managed to lift both from REI in one go. The newest thermarest (1/2 size) and a 10o Halo sleeping bag. If you could wrap yourself in warm clouds, this bag would feel exactly like that. It's super light and packs down tiny. When I'm at home I actually remove the blankets on my bed and sleep in just my bag. It's like my security blanket from age 4.

I kinda miss my old bag because I'm just sentimental, but if you don't have to pay for it there are some very nice things to be said about new gear.

Drunken Hearted Man

Reaction score
It was my dogs saddle bags, unfortunately I lost them a while back. Now I suppose my favorite piece of gear is my leather fold up cowboy hat. It's not a vital piece of gear, but it keeps the sun out of my eyes. That and my boots.

DCLXVI

Reaction score
Probably my camping hammock or this Leatherman-style mulit-tool I found awhile back... to be honest, I've got rather nice gear for a hitchhiker, mostly because I spend more time hiking and camping than hitching these days. Got stuck into a semi-stable but unordinary lifestyle...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads