what do you want done with your body when you die?

trenwren

Reaction score
When this body *officially* becomes compost: feed a tree . . . no coffin or embalming; trees don't like that nastiness, thank you!

sloth

Reaction score
i think it'd be pretty friggin awesome to go to a taxiderm and get my body stuffed. then my family or friends could put me in their living room in my leather jacket, dr.martens, with my hair up, smoking a cigg and drinking a 40 oz.
but pretty much taxiderms only stuff animals so i like the idea of just decomposing naked in the middle of a forest or being cremated and having my ashes thrown on the beach of rehobeth, delaware.

ksleet

Reaction score
I want a taxidermist to stuff my corpse, then I want to be made into the world's only human puppet. And used for puppet shows.

King Diamond narrates a story in which some of the patrons of the theatre are turned into puppets and used in the play. Sounds like this would suit you.

Spacegrrl

Reaction score
well I'm registered for organ donation, but after that I'd like to be cremated, then have my ashes scattered in the ocean, so I can be free, y'know? plastinates are cool, but I wouldn't want people laughing at my dead body...

dharma bum

anarcho-transcendentalist
Reaction score
I wanna be chopped up into pieces, wrapped up in garbage bags and sent to ride the gulf stream of the coast of Miami...ya know, Dexter style.

awesome! i would love for dexter to chop me up!

other than that... i don't really care. once my body is dead, it really doesn't matter what happens to me. i'm an organ donor as well as some of you, but i don't want a fucking grave. cremate me if you will. leave me to be eaten by bears. i don't care. my body is just a vesel for ME. just a shell until i reach the next dimension.

fuck caring about what happens to your body after it's dead. it's just a corpse... just a shell.

Coffin Dodger

Reaction score
Here's another fer the funeral pyre. Not because of a love fer Star Wars, though I got one of those, too. Mostly just seems right. Always has.

outskirts

I ain't getting any younger.
Reaction score
I really don't care what the hell is done with my remains after I die.
However it sure would have been nice to have been an episode of unsolved mysteries, DAMN IT Robert Stack,
why'd you have to go and kick the bucket!

My grandfather says some crazy but funny shit about what he wants done with his body when he dies, he says
"I don't care what they do with me when I'm dead, for all I care they can shove a bone up my ass and let the
dogs drag me away!" That shit always makes me laugh.

Puckett

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Ks is home & damn tornados bring me back everytime
im an organ doner and they can have whatever they can use execpt my eyes. when i was little i wanted to be mummyfied (i know thats not spell right) now i want to be burried at my dads lake next to my squirrell

littlejasonsandiego

Reaction score
whatever people want to do with me. i did hear you can donate your body to an obscure artists that does weird things with your body like pulling out tendons and tying them to things and getting dissected.

Mike Nobody

Reaction score
Website
mikenobody.com
In Buddhist tradition, they cut up the body and feed it to the vultures. The bones are gathered and reused to make bowls, knives, musical instruments, whatever. It'd be nice to have that done. More realistically, I'll probably just end up being cremated with the ashes dumped in the nearest river or large body of water. I'll probably insist on having no autopsy and being embalmed with morphine first, though, whatever is finally done. My worst fear is being paralyzed, mistaken for dead, and autopsied alive or some such horrible thing.

Nelco

Reaction score
i just want to be burried in the dirt
no coffin
just dirt

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Cremated. And I don't need a plot or anything - why bother. However one thing kinda bothers me - I'm taking a Forensics course (for fun believe it or not - I work at a college so it doesn't cost much) and of course it's a study of bone. And since it's a study of bone - I found out that cremation really doesn't reduce your bones to ash (more like sand) - that your long bones, bigger bones especially don't reduce - so your remains are swept down the hole to a grinder - so you're ground into that sandy dust. Hmm.

Since I am at the end of the line - meaning nobody follows me - while I'd like the dirt burial which Nelco mentioned, it would be pointless in my case since nobody would ever come to pay respects, so I'm going with a sea burial, which is performed here in CT.

landpirate

campervan untilising nomadic traveller
Reaction score
i wish i could say something romantic like a viking burial or taxidermy or something awesome, but in reality because after the experience of having to sort out my dads funeral i will just be cool with whatever is the easiest and cheapest option (disposing of bodies legally is expensive!). No ceremony, cardboard coffin, cremation, scatter me somewhere, job done!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads