what do you want done with your body when you die?

Mid

Reaction score
Just take what you can from me then throw me in a hole. No casket and no chemicals. Maybe plant a tree over me, that would be cool. As for the funeral- nothing religious, just a shit ton of good food and drink.

Reactions: hobopoe

wrkrsunite

Reaction score
I want to be stuffed taxadermy style and dressed in a1920s style baseball uniform and then sent to someone who knows me but not to well (eg. 2nd cousin) with a note explain that my dying wish was for them to keep me and display me in their home( so they feel obligated to).

• Haha
Reactions: Odin

Rhudey

Reaction score
I want my dismembered body launched out of a cannon over a major populous area, like NYC or Seattle or something along t hose lines. I want it to rain my fingers, toes, and other body parts upon strange unsuspecting peoples heads lol

ratking

Reaction score
Here's the plan:
Im dead, my best friend Gabe is still alive because I'm definitely going to die first.
So my funeral is going on, near the end when they go to open the casket everyone discovers that my body is not there.
At that point, Gabe is going to be hiding in the ceiling with my body attatched to the ceiling fan. After everyone starts freaking out for a bit hes going to jetison my body from the rafters with the celing fan on high. At that moment the Space Jam theme song is going to start playing as my corpse is flying around the room attatched to the fan.

After that I don't really care what will be done with my body.

• Haha
Reactions: hobopoe

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Yea tree burial seems so right. Like it should be... give back to that which sustains you.

In the Himalayas they have something called sky burial... where the dead are taken to the top of a mountain to return to the elements. To weather away and be consumed by scavenging animals... birds of prey especially in this case. (I find that awesome... your consumed by a creature of flight)... :) Return to the sky...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_burial

Reactions: OutsideYourWorld

OutsideYourWorld

Reaction score
Website
outsideyourworld.wordpress.com
That is pretty cool, i've read about that also. Popular in Tibet, apparently. It's funny, to so many people in the West, chopping up a loved one and letting the birds feast on them is barbaric. Yet we drain people of their fluids, paint them, dress them up, shove them in a hugely overpriced box, and delicately place them in the ground to just rot and be eaten by worms. Even death has become this overly fake and disconnected ritual of denial.

Hylyx

Reaction score
Any and all of my organs used for science, and the rest cremated and shot into space. :)

Mikael Runefoot

Reaction score
I want my body to be stripped naked and thrown deep into the woods of Ireland. I expect that over time animals would eat me, run around with bits and pieces of me and my remains would be scattered and returned back to earth. Im pretty sure this is illegal though.

Reactions: Jaguwar

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads