Travelers in the Wrong; My rant on selfish arrogant dirty kids

Blackout

Reaction score
well said iv ben in the punk crustie scene sence i was 14 so i know what your talking about kids just think there liveing independent but really there just as dependent as eny one else i have much respect for people when i spange i always tell them to have a good day im never like fuck you yuppie thats just strait up dumb so i just wanted you to know i liked what you said

Reactions: roughdraft

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Yeah I say leave the homebums alone. if they arent disrespecting you leave em be. they dont want problems and they need to live too. i do believe in chin checking douchebags though.

Beegod Santana

Reaction score
ArrowInOre said:
Beegod- Having started out as one of those 'annoying street kids, and FROM PDX' I find your stomp fest comment a bit offensive. (Not tryign to scratch an itch, just commenting and clearifying) It's not about erradicating the local homebums (what do you think someof us will be when we are in our 50's?) , or the 'street kids' or alienating them, they are from there. They know where the GOOD camp sites, spanging spots, good beer and food lines are at, BELIEVE ME, it's be good to befriend a few...

The only kids, or homebums for that matter, who are ever on the recieving end of my boot are theifs, rapists, perverts and people who talk shit that they can't back up. I doubt you're gonna read anything in the papers about us. We're just a loose group of friends who met on the road with no affiliations, we also don't look like your typical dirty train kids. I get called a hippie more than I do a punk. Since we've been here multiple kids have asked us to join their little street kid gangs and we've told em to go fuck off. Where I come from if you disrespect someone for no reason you get fucking shot, these little west coast wastetoids are getting off easy if you ask me.

I could care less about titles but I'm sick of people looking at me and immediately associating me with these little punks so we've been trying to teach some of these fucks respect the east coast way, which is all action without the shit talkin.

As far as how it was back in the day or the whole punk scene for that matter, I could care less. I'm a fucking traveler, not a street kid, not a gutter punk, or any of these other silly names kids use. I've been traveling for longer than most still out on the road and have hit all of the lower 48 and crossed the country 20+ times. So when some shithead whose never left Oregon starting talking shit because I don't have enough patches on my pants I start to get just a little annoyed. Except for a rare few I never see most of these "traveler kids" out here anywhere east of Tuscon.

nuckfumbertheory

Reaction score
For those of you who are recommending violence to address the problems of the original post, I suggest you rethink this as a possible solution. If you see a disrespectful young travel kid(s) who don't know what's what how about offering some kind and helpful words of advice. The original poster noted how much we need society as humans, I certainly agree with this, especially in the jobless / homeless / drifter community. Infighting and violence as a potential solution to the problems suggested in the original post would be incredibly detrimental to the "image" many of you are so worried about as well as the actual substance.

cranberrydavid

Reaction score
This thread makes me laugh! I swear I had this exact conversation with the labels changed 30 years ago!

The bottom line as I see it is that a traveler at any time and any place in the world depends on hospitality, and if somebody doesn't have any respect for hospitality and people in general, the hospitality disappears for them and everybody who follows after them.

Because this is a threat to the whole community there is responsibility to "explain" the basic rules to people who don't get it.

I think Ravie's rant explains it very well.

I think Beegod probably explains it pretty well too.

stanktank

Reaction score
all i can say is word. all we need is a little respect and gratitude. Ditch the general hatred of the "yuppie" population it serves no purpose...like Ravie said man, we're all people just in different clothes.

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I like how positive and agreeable the responses where! I actually worked pretty hard orginizing my thoughts for this. Kids like this ruin traveling for me and actually is the number one reason to why I lost my romance for the road. There's no fucking point for me to travel if these are the people who are taking over next generation. A huge part of why I travel is to meet people and enjoy my peers. But this just makes me fucking sick. The more rape victims, std's, near death experiences, and drugs done the "cooler" you are. what the fuck is wrong with people?

compass

Lost
Reaction score
I like how positive and agreeable the responses where! I actually worked pretty hard orginizing my thoughts for this. Kids like this ruin traveling for me and actually is the number one reason to why I lost my romance for the road. There's no fucking point for me to travel if these are the people who are taking over next generation. A huge part of why I travel is to meet people and enjoy my peers. But this just makes me fucking sick. The more rape victims, std's, near death experiences, and drugs done the "cooler" you are. what the fuck is wrong with people?

It all depends on who you associate with. I guess its easier for me to avoid because I'm older and don't look like your typical traveler kid, but I come across the kids you're talking about in my travels, I just ignore them. I prefer camping out to squats, which helps alot too. Hopefully you and the road can rekindle that flame :) shape your own experience, and don't let them take it over, take it back!

RideMoreTrains

Reaction score
Dumb asses have been riding trains, hitchhiking, and traveling since the invention of the train and car, yet in the 2010 I am still riding trains. I don't really see what a loose group of people going around and beating the shit out of folks is really going to do. We were all new to traveling at one point and all of us did stupid shit. So are you going to beat the shit out of someone that's genuinely interested in trains and makes a few dumb errors? I don't care how naive I was about trains when I first started riding. If you stepped towards me I'd gut your ass like a fucking tuna.
You will drawl the attention of the cops eventually which will probably lead to increased rail security than you would have if you just let the losers ride. Don't get me wrong if I am in a jungle and you start trashing it I will say something, and I will put my fist through your face, but I'm not going to go around looking for people I think may or may not be trashing jungles or doing other stupid shit. Its counter productive and no one cares what you think, nor will they listen, and I don't know to many people that are afraid of something like that. i'd be no more worried about you than i am some old haggard ass piece of shit claiming to be ftra.

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I'm in no way suggesting to create an anti-oogle mafia. I just say let the fad die down. Fuck I'm just waiting for a "teen" crappy-ass movie to come out about trainhopping in theatres. that would be the end to anything decent for a while. We would be fighting 13 year olds for sign flying spots.

614 crust

Ex-Moderator / Elitist asshole
Reaction score
Website
feralkidscreations.com
Right on good post Ravie. I see alot of that shit now days. When i first started traveling bout 14 years ago kids like that would get fucking schooled. After a few times they would either straighten up or get out. I think it needs to start happening alot more often again.

614 crust

Ex-Moderator / Elitist asshole
Reaction score
Website
feralkidscreations.com
A lot of these kids got no respect at all. One thing I've seen that I really don't like is kids cutting logos out of unit seats to use as patches. This shit has got to stop. Last time I went through Baldwin there was a group of kids hanging out in the yard drinking between a couple strings of cars. One of them was raiding units and cutting CSX logos out of the seats for patches. Told him that he was fucking shit up for others that would come through later. Later on when I was in NOLA I ran into another kid that had one of these patches. Asked him where he got it and he told me this same kid I ran into in Baldwin had gave it to him. Then these kids wonder why yards get so hot and shit.

Beegod Santana

Reaction score
I wanna make something clear, I'm not advocating random violence directed at any kid with a choking victim patch. What I am advocating is dealing with people who do fucked up shit in a manner thats gonna make them think twice before doing something of that ilk again. We had a few peoples with a few individuals in portland... so we delt with them. What we didn't do is go around talking about how "so and so did this and its really fucked up and someone should do something," which is all I seem to hear outta kids these days.

And as I wrote this I got the news that another good kid feel through a suicide...
I think I'm gonna stop riding suicide.

moe

Reaction score
this is a fine post, ravie. gladly, i read through the whole thing, and it's good to know one's perspective and all. funny thing is, that i've been thinking about stuff like this. also, like how everything just sort of contradicts one another.
it started with chickens. me and some other dillusional and friendly peers watched a documentary on the food industry, food inc. there was a clip of a happy man peeling of the feathers off of a chicken and cutting its (his/her) head off. one of my peers awwed and squealed at this, and said they felt sorry for the chicken. it's ridiculous, i wanted to tell them you can't feel sorry for something that you eat after it's dead. in a way it's similar to these kids who totally depend on the 'yuppies' bills for their basic booze and necessities, yet they're bogus and disrespectful to them.
i guess there's nothing we don't depend on.

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
yeah i get it. it took me another half hour just to orginize this post so that my scattered thoughts made sense.

beermilkshake

Reaction score
Back in the day the IWW would do this same thing. When some travelers tried to rob others, they would set them straight. When the railway workers tried to rob the travelers they would set them straight too.

Reactions: Mankini

derailed

Reaction score
this post made me laugh because I totally used to be one of those elitist dipshits when I was 19 and 20, then I grew up and got over myself.I think most of us went thru that stage, it's too bad a lot of people never grow out of it.

Reactions: Nelco

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads