STP Gathering 2010 (LOCATION CHANGE!!!!!)

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
LOCATION: CHANGED ( NO DONATIONS=NO NICE CAMPSITE...IT WAS BOOKED BEFORE I COULD GET TO IT.)

Friday April 2nd to Monday April 5th

I DIDNT EXPECT THE CAMPSITE TO BE BOOKED SO EARLY IN THE YEAR AND I WAS FIRED BEFORE I COULD PAY FOR THE SITE. THEREFORE, NO DRY CREEK CAMPGROUND. INSTEAD, WE WILL GO TO ANOTHER SPOT.

SO FRIDAY, APRIL 2ND, WE WILL MEET AT MY APARTMENT IN REDDING WHERE WE WILL FIGURE OUT OUR RIDE-SHARE TO THE NEW SPOT. PLEASE "GOOGLE SEARCH" MY ADDRESS:

893 LAKE BLVD APARTMENT #3
REDDING, CA 96003

SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE BUT IT HAPPENS SOMETIMES.

FOR ANY QUESTIONS, DIRECTIONS, OR ANYTHING PLEASE CALL MY CELL PHONE: 530-605-8957

THANKS,
RAVIE

Redding is in northern california and can be reached by using I-5.

We need volunteers:

People to Buy food(whoever has food stamps):

People to gather/bring fire wood:

Someone to buy charcoal(there's probably going to be a decent amount of bbq'ing):

People to clean up afterwards:

Hopefully someone with a car to help with the store runs?:

A couple of people who want to cook:

Anyone with special skills or instruments to bring would be awesome!

Reactions: BUMJUG

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
STP Gathering 2010

dogs are allways welcome. But it wont be in montana im afraid lol

wokofshame

Reaction score
Website
www.weather.gov
STP Gathering 2010

i highly support a site with a Hot Springs. because hot springs are the shit. Deep Creek Hot Springs near Hesperia CA http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardino/recreation/deepcreek/
which is at http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=...182407&spn=0.035646,0.079994&t=p&z=14&iwloc=A

comes to mind. you can hop off a train at Cajon pass (either bnsf or up) and hike in.
deep creek is a sweet ass place and nobody will bother us.
can anybody think of a more accesible hot spring
maybe ill find a hot spring book and look at it

connerR

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
STP Gathering 2010

I'll have to check out those Hot Springs. I go to Hesperia at least twice a month to visit friends/family.

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
STP Gathering 2010

well this is all to much for me to comprehend on no food or sleep right now but I do understand what needs to be done. I'm actually pretty good at coordinating, but i will need some help because I also have to work and do me some housy things sometimes. Well Arrow, I would love for you to come... I did have northern california/oregon in mind. Because I don't want to drive too far either. I'm on a nasty budget these days and I cant afford my car breaking down again. Hey, any hot springs in oregon/nor-cal area?

Blackout

Reaction score
STP Gathering 2010

that sounds way sick but i hitched it to the westcoast a mounth ago and got arrested in ocean beach so know i have a warrent. sounds way sick thow but im going to go to the east coast

Poking Victim

Reaction score
STP Gathering 2010

I think it's important to educate everyone about sanitary latrine procedure. The larger your gathering gets the more important this is, so stressing it from the beginning is crucial. Getting sick when you're supposed to be having fun, out in the woods away from modern comforts no less, sucks.
Digging and maintaining latrines is everyones duty!

mbgeorge

Reaction score
STP Gathering 2010

another note on the couger hot springs in oregon, i'm not sure how it is right now, but a few years back they had set up a booth and were charging for people to go down to the hot springs, also no glass containers or alchohol blah blah blah i'm sure there's other springs around there and also other access points but they had security cops and a state trooper on patrol

SpaceCadet

Reaction score
STP Gathering 2010

I was just at Bagby hot springs, about an hour and a half from Portland. There wasn't a pay booth and there are camping spots a few miles hiking from the springs. But...it was kinda far from any store or main road so you'd have to get people to and from with vehicles. There was a sign that said "no alcohol" but nobody paid any attention to it.

Poking Victim

Reaction score
STP Gathering 2010

Bagby seems like it would be ok, but as Widerstand stated, none of them meet the requirements for a gathering. There's no camping allowed and one vehicle would give it away and get someone busted.

boucaneer

Reaction score
STP Gathering 2010

hmm. sounds interesting. i have never been to america, a few liquer runs and a bit of organising.

it sounds interesting, i will pay attention to this post, i might make the air fare.

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
STP Gathering 2010

eh, well the hot spring idea sounds good but also sounds like a pain. How about a beach or forestie area? fuck I dont care if i have to pay for a camp spot if i have to, I just want it to be okay with open containers and a decent amount of people. lets stick to figuring out where we're going to have it first, then figure out details.

LETS KEEP IT TO THE OREGON/NORTHERN CALIFORNIA AREAS PLEASE...

BUMJUG

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
STP Gathering 2010

i highly support a site with a Hot Springs. because hot springs are the shit. Deep Creek Hot Springs near Hesperia CA http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sanbernardino/recreation/deepcreek/
which is at http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=...182407&spn=0.035646,0.079994&t=p&z=14&iwloc=A

comes to mind. you can hop off a train at Cajon pass (either bnsf or up) and hike in.
deep creek is a sweet ass place and nobody will bother us.
can anybody think of a more accesible hot spring
maybe ill find a hot spring book and look at it
i REALLY support this idea!!! i was born and raised a few miles in the middle of fucking nowhere from here.....close to this place is a commune apparently that was started by charles manson in the 80's and it still rockin... its called bowen ranch....kinda a slab city like setting i believe.....but yeah i vouch for this place as well....

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
STP Gathering 2010

Yeah, as much as ide like to hang out in some hot springs, i realy want to have this one at the beach.

I like the arcata idea, it's easy to hitchhike to and it's not a pain in the ass to hike out whenever someone wants a beer. As for it not being wooded, that isnt very conveniant for fire wood or putting up tarps but I'm sure we can figure something out. The weather shouldnt be too bad near the end of April, as a matter of fact it will probably be quite nice and warm. The weather in nor-cal is already warming up around 70 degrees.

I only have one more question about this spot, should we have to worry about police at this beach?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads