What?? ::eek:ldman::

Does the art have a title?

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Johnnymarie... I'd frame that and hang it on a wall. ::snaphappy::

I can't tell if I should be hungry horny or play hide and seek.

::eyepatch::

rugburn

Reaction score
Mah shit

Attachments

• 20140215_211524.jpg
    20140215_211524.jpg
    950.4 KB · Views: 797
  • 20140215_211611.jpg
    20140215_211611.jpg
    918.2 KB · Views: 791
  • 20140215_211617.jpg
    20140215_211617.jpg
    912.4 KB · Views: 785
  • 20140215_211737.jpg
    20140215_211737.jpg
    861.3 KB · Views: 779

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
View attachment 12526
this is what I am doing right this very moment and I figure this thread is a pretty good place to share it. I am literally painting this with an embroidery needle and my fingers lol.

I'm trying to find the meaning in/of this image. I can't stop staring at its bizarreness.

Reactions: katiehabits

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
matt said:
I'm trying to find the meaning in/of this image. I can't stop staring at its bizarreness.

Right? Nodz... ::borg::

Jmarie said:
lol don't think too hard about it.

Pfft... That's what the ladies always tell me...::sour::

johnnymarie

Reaction score
perhaps you should listen to em ;)
i have this crazy theory that a lot of things are way more simple than most people think

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
perhaps you should listen to em ;)
i have this crazy theory that a lot of things are way more simple than most people think

Huh...::cigar:: see... told ya that's what all the ladies tell me. LOL haha...::woot:: sigh... le sigh.

shabti

Reaction score
Here's a pic of some patches I made. I designed the image, burned it into a silk screen, then printed a bunch by hand. I still have a stack of them, maybe I'll list them on The Black Market.
fDOxKxX.jpg
Any tips on how to do this? I painstakingly preserve stencil designs specifically for the day when I can screen print my clothes. All the info I see however seems to be geared towards business who sell Shit to soccer moms.

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Reaction score
Any tips on how to do this? I painstakingly preserve stencil designs specifically for the day when I can screen print my clothes. All the info I see however seems to be geared towards business who sell Shit to soccer moms.
There are some good instructions here that are pretty similar to what I did. The differences are that I had a pre-stretched screen and exposed the image using two fluorescent work-lights instead of the sun.

I used a kit that I found at a thrift store that included a screen, the ink, and all the chemicals. You can find the same kit on Amazon but it's going to be way cheaper to buy the emulsion separately and make your own screen out of curtain gauze and a picture frame (I haven't done that yet but I hear it works pretty well).

The printing process isn't too hard but it takes a lot of trial and error. I printed those patches just by setting the screen on the fabric and holding it still with one hand while pulling the squeegee with the other but I've since built a press out of scrap plywood and hinge clamps that makes it much easier. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I think they sell Silk screening fabric at joanns/Michaels by the yard...

dprogram

Reaction score
Here's a pic of some patches I made. I designed the image, burned it into a silk screen, then printed a bunch by hand. I still have a stack of them, maybe I'll list them on The Black Market.
fDOxKxX.jpg
I want the black one. I've been doing diy patches but none as detailed as this since I use butcher paper and an exacto knife. Let me know if you ever want to trade stuffs.

Attachments

• fDOxKxX.jpg
    fDOxKxX.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 694

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Reaction score
Resurrecting this thread to show off my new sweatshirt. I've needed a new one for a while and I groundscored one today but it had the logo of some fraternity on the front and back. Took care of that with a back patch from a T shirt from a free bin and some scrap fabric. Looks kind of janky but at least I'm not advertising for some frat. :)
rqwPdCg.jpg
m7EghJk.jpg

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads