IMG_20150516_095917.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20150516_09585_edit_1431788840332.jpg
    IMG_20150516_09585_edit_1431788840332.jpg
    414.6 KB · Views: 917
Last edited:

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
I would but its on the verge of descintagrating. I left it at a stash spot for about a month when I went too jail and when I got back it got a little moldy and that's probably the reason for most of the corrosion.

But a little history on it. I bought this for $7 thing at aardvarks odd ark which was a vintage clothing store in the los angeles area. (They used to have one on haight in sf.) It was a basically new levis black denim jacket with sleeves. I originally had sewn sweater zippers which you can still see on the sleeves so I could remove them and reattatch them. But I lost them on my first travels. Its been patched and studded multiple times. The back patch on it was from an amebix show I went to which was the second show they played in 20yrs though you can't tell because its been completely worn off. All the patchwork is filsons oil cloth and leather except the black leather on the front.

D

Deleted member 9332

I would but its on the verge of descintagrating. I left it at a stash spot for about a month when I went too jail and when I got back it got a little moldy and that's probably the reason for most of the corrosion.

But a little history on it. I bought this for $7 thing at aardvarks odd ark which was a vintage clothing store in the los angeles area. (They used to have one on haight in sf.) It was a basically new levis black denim jacket with sleeves. I originally had sewn sweater zippers which you can still see on the sleeves so I could remove them and reattatch them. But I lost them on my first travels. Its been patched and studded multiple times. The back patch on it was from an amebix show I went to which was the second show they played in 20yrs though you can't tell because its been completely worn off. All the patchwork is filsons oil cloth and leather except the black leather on the front.
I thought it looked like oilskin! Oilskin is basically some of the best fabric ever, filson's is particularly nice! I'm jealous you got to start with a black one, mine was blue and it's almost black now, but it took forever to start looking nice lol.

Reactions: Desperado Deluxe

WastedUnionBlues

Reaction score
I want to see everyone's diy clothes!
i'm talking vests, jackets, crust pants, hoodies, bags, whatever.
Lets see what ya got STP.

to start i'll post a pic of the latest vest i'm working on.
i'll upload my jackets and such later after i grab the pics of the camera

View attachment 22051
View attachment 22052
I am a veteran punk and get quite the looks, as the crippled almost senior lady with the peculiar fashion sense. I may have my 18 year old take a picture of me in my quirky duds and post it here. Really love your cat theme!

Reactions: todd

tobepxt

Reaction score
Website
wastedlandz.tumblr.com
this first one happened over the course of time spent on the road and during the occupy wall street years. not only did i patch and stud it, but i also added a couple pockets inside. its my get shit done vest.
punkvest.jpg

insidepocket.jpg

vest two is actually the first one i made. in 2007 through 2010 it was blue and covered in patches, drawn over, studded with a hundred diamond studs. a couple years ago i ripped everything off and bleached it white. then later black which gave it an interesting purple tint that i kept today. its a little ragged but i like it. when i find the time to reinforce it ill think about more improvements to add.
vest2.jpg

Im not going to dig through my clothes right now to present all of the shirts and pants with enough floss and patches to qualify for this thread, but they do exist.

crow

Reaction score
iwish i had some more DIY pics. I've had two patch pants stolen and jail "lost" a third.

also made and lost numerous hats with patches and studs.

sometimes i'll just stitch something together and give it away
WIN_20161130_220906.JPG
WIN_20161106_153519.JPG
WIN_20161024_212325.JPG

but currently i have this hat-in-progress and mah squirrel pack..

Reactions: JanKrusz

Benji91

Gone Walkabout
Reaction score
Website
www.instragram.com
Fairly standard stuff frome me...

The old jeans have seen better days.
17200891_10154481600216483_6702445295608895374_n.jpg

Retired by last battle vest last year, have had a new on going. One of the best thrift store finds every in the black denim vest, patches are gifted/made/bought, Punkfest is a regular local gig here (used to be a shirt that was kinda disintegrating), Whiskey & Speed is the silly grunge/punk band I play in and someone let me play with paint. Sewed using black cotton not floss :p

17190567_10154481593556483_3463065823332001541_n.jpg

17155793_10154481593746483_6974567466726701169_n.jpg

And just a close up of this little guy I was given by my mate Gus in Thailand (+ Jerkbeast and Baron Samedi are two of the best crack rock bands around here).
17190733_10154481593766483_2923913438718925591_n.jpg

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Reaction score
Just realized that I never posted a pic of the backpatch on my current jacket. I also handsewed a lining for this jacket with some hidden pockets for lighters and a knife.
Screenshot_20171228-011932.png

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
New battle vest, work in progress.
The other one I posted had one of the pockets torn off by one of our rescue dogs...that + a bunch of other holes made me think it was time to get a new one going.

Mainly made or gifted patches and bleach.

View attachment 42050

View attachment 42051

That's a lot of unique patches you have there! Where did you get them? I'm surprised to see patches for shibby pictures and punk with a camera as well...

Reactions: Benji91

Benji91

Gone Walkabout
Reaction score
Website
www.instragram.com
That's a lot of unique patches you have there! Where did you get them? I'm surprised to see patches for shibby pictures and punk with a camera as well...

I've got so much love for Shibby dude, goddamn.

I remember where I've got all of them...I think....and I'm pretty drunk so I'ma write all this out...

I got the Shibby one from Jak when he was touring out here with Whitney Flynn, I was driving them around for their little Aussie tour.
My mate Timmy in Canberra seems to know everyone and got sent a care package, he had some spares so he hooked with up with the Punk With a Camera and Stick & Poke patches.
I was gifted the Days n Daze, Oi Polloi and Railyard Ghosts ones from another mate.
Made the Aus-Rotten and Limp Wrist ones.
Another friend saw We the Heathens when she was Stateside and brought me some goodies.
Bought the Sea Shepherd one when I was volunteering with them.
Freakshow Nightmare and Flangipanis (the skully time thing) are local legends who I've know for years, they give me merch from time to time.
A random hippie in Nimbim, NSW have me the Eco Warrior patch.
The Jagera mob gave me the indigenous flag patch when they found out I was moving overseas.
Patch with the crow on the back was given to me by my fav bar Sabotage - I guess making me one of their Valley Royals.

Dunno if that made sense at all, but I'm many beers in on a Thursday evening and am prone to rambling. I just like it when my battle vests have a bit of personal meaning...whether it's just through shit I like, or shit that has a bit of a story behind it.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads