Read This First! - newbie vs. oogle | Page 3 | Squat the Planet

Read This First! newbie vs. oogle

Poe Boy

Reaction score
ArrowInOre said:
Now, retired as I am, living in my rented box with a nice car and full pantry have to tell you, I got called an oogle a while back in PDX by some sign flying, booze reaking, agressively begging fuck tard douch. And when I stepped up to the kids face he immediately back down. He tried to tell me he said something else...but I heard him quite clearly... So I said to him... I had been out there before his daddy knew how to masturbate, and then proceeded to tell this kid that he was about to swallow his CC, he simply responded to me with a smirk and said, " Take it, I'll just buy another one." SO then I mustered up a bit of post lunch salivary goodness, and whack, into his face and I said " Really, you are the biggest oogle I have ever seen, learn some etiquette to spangin and try to look as faces first dick, and get the fuck off the sidewalk....Old skooler walking here" ...I think he may have been yelling that I was a cunt or some thing as I walked away, ands on any other day and move lk that surely would have led to his early grave...Had I not had Bolt with me, lol...Oogles, in disguise are the WORST of them all...

I'm not even going to get into the oogle thing, juast wanted to comment on this story.

Seems a lot of the youngin's have become unable to identify the old guard these days. I don't just mean hobos, but bikers I hang with, the new guys run their shit holes to them with out so much as a clue who they're dealing with. When really it's something you can't hide. The way they walk, the look in the eye -- if you know what to look for, or if you know TO look. I dunno, it seems they want to show everyone what's what and not learn what's what.

A dangerous trait. . .for them.

M

Mouse

haha ken, you're silly. I have no issues with him other than his immatureity toward the matter. the chicks weren't even making out.. they were just hugging.. but his seemingly uneducated reaction was what made me call him an oogle. he should hav eknown better... he grew up with all types of gay and trans people around him, he himself is bisexual, so he should know that, when in a conservative area like we currently live in, it's hard enough to be different yet alone homosexual and he should have been more respectful and not acted like a 5 year old.

drunken marauder

Reaction score
Hmmm.. Lets see this is going to be a fun one... Hmm so yea.. Hahahaahahaaaa I guess if I listen to some of the people posting I am an oogle and that makes me very proud... I personally would consider it resourceful but yea.. It is expensive to be me at times. I dont really get money from my mom but I sure as hell would take it.. Hell I would take money from your mom too.. If you only get cool points for having shitty gear or no gear or being broke thats kinda ass backwards to me.. Whose business is it where your money comes from.. Hahahahaa I know I got some and I also know I'm not sharing my dope.... I can deal with a lot of things, tolerate a lot of things, hell even enjoy a lot of things. But one thing is for sure you cant fix stupid.. And theres a lot of stupid people out there.. After awhile you get to the point where in the first 2 minutes of talking to someone you know if you ever need to speak to them again.. Well unless they have money of course. I guess everyone serves some purpose in life.. Even if it is for my amusement..

mylon

Lawn Care Enthusiast
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHA
did anybody read this guy's post? he's trying to call this 15 year old girl that HE is hanging out with, doing heroin with, not only that but actually injecting the shit into her, an oogle. i know this is two years old, but, wow. good story buddy! maybe you oughta look at yourself for a second?

well........Ive traveled with a lot of so called oogles.....everytime I have to ditch them and move on or start back at the beginning. But I think that what defines an oogle isn't not knowing stuff or whatever. Its the fact that they move their way into our groups with thier bullshit stories they have stolen from someone else. Its also the fact that they sometimes try to turn everyone against you, and sleep with the guys. Now thats not cool because nobody wants to hang out with a squat mattress.:sick:
So here is a prime example of oogle:
Her Name is Zombie....she gave herself that nickname...because she thought it was cool
Shes 15
From orange county
her dad sends her 100 dollars a week
She never has her own gear therefore she sleeps with guys to get gear
She rode a greyhound up to portland and has pictures
She has an ipod
everytime you try to talk to her about trainhopping it becomes an argument over whos the better squatter.
she calls herself a "veteran" trainhopper....but shes only 15
also she says she has been clean from heroin for two years but she was addicted for a year.
since when is an orange county kid doing heroin at the ripe old age of 12
plus when we went to go do some......she couldnt hit herself. she said she had shit for veins and all this garbage.
I got her first try.
she told everyone about how she got SOOOO high. but, sadly, I only gave her a little bit. and did the rest to myself.

SO
Zombie
is an oogle
she wont talk shit to me unless shes around other guys and she hangs out with the scene kids.
and she carries a fucking jansport knapsack for christ sakes.

bote

Reaction score
Seriously does anyone "in the scene" travels with a credit card

i got a credit card when i was 16, so ive been travelling with it for over 10 years. It costs me nothing because i only pay interest on any purchases I make and ive made about 2 in all that time.
But here's the deal: having a credit card means that if i get hurt, robbed, whatever, i can still take care of myself till i get back on my feet, i could theoretically rent a car or get a hotel room or any number of things i dont do, but its nice to have options. What does everyone else do in an emergency situation, call your parents, or let me guess, you just dont really stray that far from home...

also, i heard that every year you have a credit card and are not late on the payments, (my payment=zero) it boosts your credit rating, so that if the day comes i want to borrow money to blow up the moon or whatever, I can. What would the bank say to you if you tried to borrow 20 000, hell 50 000. i dont need it, but its cool that because of the money i didnt spend maybe i now have access to a bunch. piece of plastic, just a tool.

Rash L

Reaction score
i got a credit card when i was 16, so ive been travelling with it for over 10 years. It costs me nothing because i only pay interest on any purchases I make and ive made about 2 in all that time.
But here's the deal: having a credit card means that if i get hurt, robbed, whatever, i can still take care of myself till i get back on my feet, i could theoretically rent a car or get a hotel room or any number of things i dont do, but its nice to have options. What does everyone else do in an emergency situation, call your parents, or let me guess, you just dont really stray that far from home...

i also have a credit card I dont use, so I can build credit, though it is a joint account with my mother (whom I love dearly) and she has been paying her bills late lately, and ruining my credit. WONDERFUL.... but, she DOES pay for my cellphone, which probably makes me an oogle. I dont care. If she feels better knowing she can easily get a hold of me, and she wants to pay the bill, I'm not going to turn it down.
If having a mom that loves and cares for me makes me an oogle, then I'll proudly wear that badge.

ianfernite

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
she DOES pay for my cellphone, which probably makes me an oogle. I dont care. If she feels better knowing she can easily get a hold of me, and she wants to pay the bill, I'm not going to turn it down.
If having a mom that loves and cares for me makes me an oogle, then I'll proudly wear that badge.

I was going to say something along the same lines.

I never knew that having a credit card and not using helped your credit... hm. I might have to get one, just so I can borrow money to blow up the moon someday. Fuck yes.

Rash L

Reaction score
I'm not sure if not using WILL help your credit or not, thats why I had a joint card with my mom... she would use it and pay it off (on time) and that was supposed to help my credit. of course.. that isnt working anymore since she started paying everything late. One of the problems with this whole idea I guess.

bote

Reaction score
sounds like a serious headache, I try never to owe anyone anything, that way you can just enjoy giving what you can. I dont really know about the credit rating thing, my impression was that banks can't actually access your spending (private info), they just see that you've had access to money for x amount of time without fucking up, so that makes you a good candidate for loans. did I mention I hate even the idea of debt

drun_ken

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
yer credit score will only improve with on time payments to a lender that reports to the credit buruee(or however it spelled) so if ya sit on yer c.c. and dont use it yer score will not get better...ya have ta use it to improve yer credit....or buy something big on payments...but ya have ta have good credit ta buy somethin big unless ya can find one of those used car lot bad credit no credit blah blah blah....fuk yer credit steal everyting

ianfernite

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Dammit, and here I thought getting enough money to blow up the moon or something would be easy.

Rash L

Reaction score
...its never a bad idea to do a little planning for the future, especially these days when its hard to even walk anymore, let alone run from security guards and cops....

Reaction score
met 2 kids in SF, no jackets, no foodstamps, no cigs, no beer, no herb. they did have...wait for it... ... .. . 2 nintendo gameboyish things. one for each of them. and lots of batteries. ate my food and smokes up. and when we convinced them to fly as sign, they wrote a multi paragraphed novel on a shoebox.. i dont know.. think that is in the realm of oogle. lil bit.

hartage

Reaction score
Interesting thread everyone has such different levels of understanding, tolerance, experience and even stupidity. The last word ties everyone together. It seems to be what irritates people to the point of labeling someone oogle. Someone being stupid. Let's dwell on stupid. It's when someone else does not conform to or is below a perceived standard. Below that your stupid, above that your not. So in reality oogle or stupidity is something that we cast on others based on our own values. Which by default also means based on our OWN ills our OWN problems.

This thread really made me think. I'm glad I found and read this thread.

I pose a question though. Which is better or worse ?

1. An experienced well seasoned traveler labeling a noob asking too many questions an oogle ? In effect looking down on them for not living up to an internal standard ?

2. A normie making 120k a year labeling a traveler not making 120k a year an ooggle. In effect looking down on travelers for not living up to an internal standard ?

After thinking about this myself I can't decide which is better which is worse. Maybe there isn't a better or worse. Maybe it's different for everyone based on our own internal values/ills unique to each of us. Maybe oogle is just us externalizing whatever is within us.

Yeah, I'm glad I found and read this thread. Made me think, what are my own problems ?

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
Haha, it seems that I'm not free of oogle traits myself, since I hopped with a GPS unit. I did steal it though, and it was pretty fun to have before it died, it was like having a speedometer and you could estimate when you'd get somewhere... But now I'm no longer squatting, so hey, time to build up my credit, right?

wartomods

Reaction score
met 2 kids in SF, no jackets, no foodstamps, no cigs, no beer, no herb. they did have...wait for it... ... .. . 2 nintendo gameboyish things. one for each of them. and lots of batteries. ate my food and smokes up. and when we convinced them to fly as sign, they wrote a multi paragraphed novel on a shoebox.. i dont know.. think that is in the realm of oogle. lil bit.

Ahah they sound fine, i would like to spend some time with kids like that.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads