Mini StP Gathering: Mardi Gras?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
okay, i feel like since im one of the only people that are actually living in nola right now that I should organize this a bit.

yes, fat tuesday is on the 16th of feb. i can tell you from experience that getting in or out of here the day before is going to be damn near impossible.

so, what i propose is that everyone shoot for feb 8th! it's a monday. get here a few days before if you like, that way you get situated. monday every week is also punx kickball in the park, which is at the corner of piety and royal street:

Google Maps Link

This is also near the best bar in the french quarter, St Roch Tavern! 6 dollar pitchers of PBR (one of the only bars in town that has pitchers, and they're only $4.50 on mondays, i.e. kick ball day) and they never, ever, card! this is THE dirty kid bar in New Orleans.

There are more than enough squats and places to crash here, so hit me up if you need help!

connerR

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I'd really like to go to this, and things at work seem to be getting a bit jagged. Perhaps I'll make it out. *shrug* who knows.

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
Haha, ok arrow, I'll try not to get pregnant lol. Effin kickball in the park hells yeah man!!better yet DRUNK kickball in the parkl!! Thanks for the info matt!

sprout

Reaction score
Where ya heading from Sprout? I'm sure it's easy as hell to find rides out of that city.

I'd be coming from Venice and going back to Venice.
But I have a job and responsibilities n' shit.
And I have a feeling if I went to Mardi Gras,
I would end up being really drunk there for a week
and probably never return to SoCal.

Which would be great.

adragonfly

Reaction score
me and my buddy will definately be driving down there for mardi gras from chicago. If anybody is on the way we can pick u up. shoot me a message.

thanks matt for the info, we'll be heading there feb. 6th or 7th ish then.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads