[Jul 1, 2013] National Rainbow Gathering (Montana)

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
It was a joke lighten up ass knob.

i realize that, and my response was less than serious. guess it doesn't translate well sometimes. that said though, no need to get nasty. warning given.

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
yes there will be plenty of space for your RV. its called bus village. usually located on the road into the national forest. there will probably be about 10 - 20 buses and rvs there

Reactions: lacey

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Perv~~~@! :p

I personally prefer the one on one vis a vi Casanova style.... yea... boom chicka wow wow. ::eyepatch::
LAME!!!!

DikembeMuhobo

Reaction score
several bus/vans in colorado are comin up that way in the next weeek a bunch of us dirty hkids here in manitou springs waitin on the kracken bus and another bus, also a van leaving on monday i'm prolly hoppin in. please PM me or post some nearby directions if it's not in missoula or wherever it is this time. i'm tryin to direct like 4 groups here need help please thanks.

-Hawk

Kip

Reaction score
Hey, folks, I'll be in Asheville and ready to hit it at the end of June/beginning of July. I'm looking for a ride (I can help a little with gas), otherwise I'll be walking. If anyone is in the area or along the way that wants to hitchhike with me (or score a ride) let me know.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
can someone post directions, or message me them please and thanks!

And yeah, if someone has the specific location please message me, thanks.

i believe the directions are only posted on the welcomhome.org website just before the gathering. (checks website) actually, their website is stupid hard to navigate. i can't find directions on there...

614 crust

Ex-Moderator / Elitist asshole
Reaction score
Website
feralkidscreations.com
Yeah I'll be there with. Fat kids kitchen. Were still in Colorado. Right now but headin nprth slowly. We'll. Be there for spring council

ridesafe

Reaction score
this sounds like an awsome time if you like THE HEP C, CHOMOS and yuppie hating fake ass cry baby runnaways that claim to have no home but the woods they trash, oh and dont forget to bring stuff to give to the so called tribe of rainbow, for the new comers they attract you with all these cool sounding times and FREE stuff but its free for them not you there ungreatful people that take from others and need the new fresh heads to supply there free time and if they dont get it from you they with go and mooch off the closest city with there buses full of fresh runnaways whinning about how bad life is and passing the fresh 17 yr old girls around to all the old perverts and the creepy diseased infested crew that way when there done with the girls they can go and spread the tribes diseases all over the country, good people with good intentions" right" WRONG greedy and lazy selfish folk. good luck to all the new goers and bring lots of stuff to bribe your way into there lazy forest detroying gathering. and dont forget to NO CUDDLE PUDDLES thats where the chomos love to prowl. good luck CHEERS

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
this sounds like an awsome time if you like THE HEP C, CHOMOS and yuppie hating fake ass cry baby runnaways that claim to have no home but the woods they trash, oh and dont forget to bring stuff to give to the so called tribe of rainbow, for the new comers they attract you with all these cool sounding times and FREE stuff but its free for them not you there ungreatful people that take from others and need the new fresh heads to supply there free time and if they dont get it from you they with go and mooch off the closest city with there buses full of fresh runnaways whinning about how bad life is and passing the fresh 17 yr old girls around to all the old perverts and the creepy diseased infested crew that way when there done with the girls they can go and spread the tribes diseases all over the country, good people with good intentions" right" WRONG greedy and lazy selfish folk. good luck to all the new goers and bring lots of stuff to bribe your way into there lazy forest detroying gathering. and dont forget to NO CUDDLE PUDDLES thats where the chomos love to prowl. good luck CHEERS

Gee, tell us how you REALLY feel about it :p

I'll be the first to agree that there is an immense amount of stupid bullshit that happens at rainbow, and I generally avoid it. However, i do think it's an important introduction to travel culture, both for the good people you meet, as well as the bad, and it's good to see first hand how fucked up it is in a lot of ways.

My advice for rainbow is the same for bourbon street in new orleans: go see it once so you can see what all the fuss is about, then go find the better parties to have fun at.

Kip

Reaction score
Okay, update.... I found a ride to Boulder, CO, (from Ashevill, NC) and we're looking for 3rd person to split gas. It's a one way trip, and we'll be walking the rest of the way to Montana. Who's down?

Kip

Reaction score
Gee, tell us how you REALLY feel about it :p
I'll be the first to agree that there is an immense amount of stupid bullshit that happens at rainbow, and I generally avoid it. However, i do think it's an important introduction to travel culture, both for the good people you meet, as well as the bad, and it's good to see first hand how fucked up it is in a lot of ways.

My advice for rainbow is the same for bourbon street in new orleans: go see it once so you can see what all the fuss is about, then go find the better parties to have fun at.

The thing about rainbow is that it's a microcosm. You got the the good, the bad and the ugly. And the really ugly. It's like a miniature version of the american world. That's what makes it.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads