Hello from the other Portland... Maine

7hsulpg

Reaction score
Hey everyone. My name is Greg and I am from the great state of Maine. I'm currently a resident in Portland. Just started planning a train hopping excursion cross country with some friends and decided this was a good place to start gathering information. I'm looking to relocate somewhere on the west coast but it is up in the air where my exact destination will be. Anyone live in/squatted in/been to Maine? Love to hear from you guys. Take care.

:crew: :mummy:

oldmanLee

Reaction score
Howdy!Lived up there in Maine for a couple of years,and still know some nice folks up thataway.Even been to Meddybemps!Anyway,welcome to the site,and would suggest bthat you read the forums and don't be afraid to ask questions.None of us start knowing anything,and this is a dmned good place to learn.

wokofshame

Reaction score
Website
www.weather.gov
dude my dad is from bridgton, i used to live in n bridgton... driving all the way to sunday river for work at 100 mph on the straitaways its a wonder i never got busted.
hey i{m around there a lot still if you ever want to have a beer

oldmanLee

Reaction score
Portland,Alfred,Bar Harbor,and Norway.Wickedgood sorta place!

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
welcome here Greg, everything ya need ta know a little you don't on this site. Take it easy and remember if you ever babysit don't watch silence of the lambs with the kids, their parents will never let you babysit again. Ride safe yo
Capt. Ahab

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I'm from CT, I know Maine a lil bit. I've vacationed in Freeport with my family a long time ago. We went to Sabago lake. and a few years ago I spent a few weeks in Rockport, Me withj my ex girlfriend and her family. When abouts do you plan on leaving for your trip, cuase I'm lookin for a crew to join so I can travel cross country to be on the west coast by march.

7hsulpg

Reaction score
Unfortunately the way it looks now we are going to be leaving in the late summer so we'll probably miss your window if you want to get out there by march. Where out west are you looking to relocate?

:crew: :mummy:

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
not sure if you'd call it relocating, but I have a friends wedding to attend and do fire performance 4 in Arizona. then I'm headed 2 cali. I'm not sure where I'm relocating but it is all part of the many reasons why I'm traveling & such,

stove

Reaction score
I'll be Heading up that way this week! Drop me a line if you're bored and/or what someone to hang with for a bit. I'll be in Wells this weekend, then Portland en route North.

Oh that note, anybody know of a good train to get me north towards Nova Scotia? PMed info would be helpful (I know there's track as far as Bangor/Augusta area).

stove

Reaction score
hey any decent shows going on next week in portand? I found a couchsurfing host in portland for after the gathering, so i will hang there fr a day or two. just a thought...

hassy, loess, see you at the gathering. i am already in wells.

7hsulpg

Reaction score
Sounds like theres gonna be a good group for the primitive skills gathering. I'll try to find out about any shows this weekend and post anything I hear about.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads