desaparecido

Reaction score

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
which one? on the left or right? im curious, but not surprised, seems like theres a big ol group of em from miami trying to crust it up...

Dameon

Reaction score
The guy on the horse in the picture at the top of the forum page eats babies and rapes puppies, too. I don't know why Matt picks these people to put at the top of the pages...

bote

Reaction score
kill her and her family!

I wanted to leave it at that, but shit like that is how I got banned from uer back in the day.

How that rubs me is: I will read some of your other posts because I`m curious about you now. This post seems kind of petty, like it is kind of interesting, but I can`t help suspecting you have some personal bone to pick, since you probably know a bunch of things about this girl, but choose to highlight only 2 which are supposed to make her look uncool or fake or something.

Uncle Stinky

Old Dog--Can't See, Can't Hear, And Right In The D
StP Supporter
Reaction score
It's rather strange how some feel it necessary to judge others on the basis of what they are perceived to have or not have. Posession is a prerequisite to sharing. Fortune turns in the blink of an eye.

seke

Reaction score
From what I'm told Peter Kropotkin came from wealth, but he in turn became an anarchist communist. Where you came from is irrelevant if you are no longer there.

Poe Boy

Reaction score
I don't care.
I drive an Impala and have a good paying job.

Doesn't negate my hobo years or the fact that I (or anyone) can be forced into that lifestyle at any time.

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
I came from a somewhat "well off" family, and I'm not in anyway like a yuppie.. I was pretty much disowned from my fam because of how I am but I don't give a shit.I'm pretty cool (I hope) your class or how you were brought up or what you drive doesnt mean shit. In fact growing up the way that she might have gives here even more reason than anyone to live the hobo lifestyle, seeing firsthand how ridiculous being pampered all your life really is. I give her major props, because it takes a fucking strong person to turn the other way..do your own laundry instead of having maids do it for you etc...

desaparecido

Reaction score
i know it's exciting for everyone to pile onto someone without actually thinking about what someone has said. i'm saying nothing about how legitimate or hardcore someone is, nor am i passing judgement on anyone. i'm just interested in how people feel about the burgeoning movement of privileged young people into a community that in essence prides itself on homelessness and abject poverty, and more importantly what that means. i'm interested in how people feel about "squatting" the planet when you've got your own apartment with rent paid waiting somewhere. as far as this thread goes, i put no subjective slant or opinion in it, you guys all applied and assumed mine yourself. myself, my mom drives an audi, not a prius.

seke

Reaction score
I didn't see any piling, you must remember that when no further explanation is given, people will takes the statement as it sounds.

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
When it comes to squatting, there really is safety in numbers, the more people do it, the better things are- look at england and the netherlands. I see the question to be akin to asking how I'd feel about a bicyclist who owns a hummer. As long as they aren't blowing up spots and doing stupid stuff, it's fine. Also, I don't know if as a community we have pride in abject poverty and homelessness, maybe pride in knowing how to get by with abject poverty and homelessness. I don't have any pride in having to return cans in order to buy toys when I was little. It honestly takes a hell of a lot of cans to buy a dinky piece of plastic, if you're wondering.

Also, asking how "it rubs" people already puts a slant on it, so next time you post that kind of question, you should pick more neutral language in your word choices. You pretty much sabotaged yourself.

Poe Boy

Reaction score
You aksed how that "rubs people". Maybe you were making a bad attempt at slang, but the problem is, asking that way implies it should rub people the wrong way. Like the others said, you implied a judgement, intentional or not.

Now I have noticed a trend for rich kids (almost always female) that hang out with hobos. I don't think it's because they want to be hobos, or really be self-reliant. I think it's an exotic lifestyle to them, and a way to get some adventure in an otherwise boring, protected life. Same reason those rich girls tend to be easy lays for the "exotic, mysterious" hobo guy. Plus, they're not likely to run into them in their daily lives, so there's little risk of the hoi polloi (or daddy) finding out about it.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads