food for thought

bote

Reaction score
i'm just interested in how people feel about the burgeoning movement of privileged young people into a community that in essence prides itself on homelessness and abject poverty

I think anyone who prides themself on those terms is either damaged or naive, passed out in the gutter every night or passing on back into status quo pretty soon after an adventure or two. Those just don`t seem like substantial values.
Even so, having an adventure or two they`ll probably gain at least some perspective from it, so I`d be tempted to say it`s a good thing if people are attracted to more-or-less diy lifestyles.
It never feels good seeing things you hold dear get coopted for fashion, but realistically, you just never know what something means to someone else or how it will affect them in the long run, good and bad.

doodoojerky

Reaction score
Fuck this shit............ I am poor & have lived in the gutter & then carved my way into a decent life & then back to square one again so yeah to me some fucking yuppie hobo does kinda annoy me but it is not my place to fault find ....so what ever may happen in there experience is their business...truth sir, about them paying for the booze (Damien)....but(FOOD FOR THOUGHT) do you think some true hobo bum that has never had nothing in his life but a guitar or a fucking bicycle would even be able to afford to put a picture up on a payed for hipster site like this...careful with what "you" think, that goes for myself & everyone else as well...............nice to see so many witty like minded comments about this....now I am just as petty for paying it attention......sorry you suck......

veggieguy12

The Captain
Reaction score
I think there are a million reasons for people - especially youth, being generally more idealistic and adventurous and less cautious about a future life - to abandon accrued wealth of parents and move away from or to the fringes of civilization.
It's akin to asking what do I think of all those young Hollywood stars doing coke or getting drunk and driving or wrecking a hotel room. I think there's a reason they go wild under all that spotlight, and I think there's a reason the wealthy kids pass on their luxuries.
Now, they might go back to the comfort of their privileged lives at home with the folks, but they might not. Depends on them and their experiences while 'roughing it'.

Poe Boy said:
Now I have noticed a trend for rich kids (almost always female) that hang out with hobos. ...those rich girls tend to be easy lays for the "exotic, mysterious" hobo guy.

Holy shit!, is that true?!? [Let that be the extent of my sleaziness for the year...]

Poe Boy

Reaction score
Yeah.

'Course, I might have had some advantages.
Like the whole "Australian" thing, plus the fact that I generally kept clean and didn't walk around in pants that I pissed in two weeks ago.

Now, if you walk around stinking of booze and piss with a vomit stain running down your shirt, you probably won't have a lot of luck.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads