does anyone NOT drink? | Squat the Planet

does anyone NOT drink?

littlejasonsandiego

Reaction score
its not too often i meet someone who travels or squats who doesnt drink.ive struggled with not being able to stop when i start. ive stopped on and off a cfew times. a lot of people dont seem to get it or like its a really far fetched idea to be into punk or squatting and not drink. some people are even dicks sometimes when i dont want to. so does any one NOT drink?

Planet

Reaction score
So as Bl3wbyyou is well aware of i used to drink very heavily and in the past i've tryed slowing down or even quiting all together at times allways to end up back on the bottle. Now that im back home and will be staying for a few months im not drinking that much at all. I think that drinking really just comes with the life of being on the road, it knid of makes it a bit easier from day to day.
I'm hopeing that when i go back out i don't end up how i was last year, but due to the fact that its always around i probally will.

Weston

Reaction score
I don't drink often - unless I'm around good company. I just met some train riding kids and I went on a drinking binge... while taking strong antidepressants from the 60's that specifically say DO NOT CONSUME ALCOHOL WHILE TAKING THIS MEDICATION... talk about DT's. It zombified me for real. Now the alx and the mood pills are out of my system and I am starting to feel less braindead.

I like alcohol. Fuck Anafranil. I'm not taking that shit anymore.

I think the up side to alcohol on the road is that it kills the soreness. After a while everything hurts but booze is a good painkiller.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i don't drink often, but i do drink. i've been considering taking a break from it for a while, but it is indeed hard when everyone around you does it all the time.

sucio

Reaction score
Im from memphis. Right now . im in bloomington, IN
I'll drink here and there but definitely not everyday, or every week, maybe a couple beers or a little whiskey a couple times a month or som. And I don't spange all day to get handle after handle of the cheapest shitty vodka. I do smoke on that good green everyday though. But if Somone is being a dick because you won't drink, fuck that person. Just because they feel the need to destroy their liver on a daily basis, dosnt make you a pussy if you don't want to. There's lots of bad habits waiting to be picked up on the road. Be careful out there kids.

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I went for years,(39),on & off,drinking,smoking,etc,till I finally had to say,I'm done !

Reactions: shellshell

Psi em

Reaction score
Maybe I lean more towards survivalist than squatter. I just can't take to drinking something that's going to dull your senses or make you puke. And sometimes the taste is liken to piss.

But I'll drink those tasty malt liquours socially to help loosen up around good peoples. That's about it.

barefootinbabylon

Reaction score
i don't drink at all anymore; but i'm definitely not in 'the scene,' per se - much more of a loner. i had my drinking days while i was in kawledge, to be sure, but now the very THOUGHT of alcohol makes my whole body cringe. I've always had this suspicion that i'm somewhat allergic to alcohol (if that's possible?), as it doesn't matter how much or how little i drink, nor WHAT it is i'm drinking - my first instinct is to puke, and get that shit the F*%$ outta my body! :\

Reactions: ByronMc
D

dolly

I drink beer often, but I just got a van so I'm drinking a lot less. The very thought of spacebags or four Loki makes me want puke. I just can't stand that shit anymore. I actually just got a phone call from a friend of mine today, he said he's been having seizures from alcohol withdrawal, it's definitely a wake up call for him. He's turning around and going south. He wants to kick back on the beach, smoke weed, and quit the booze. I hope he does.

K

kokomojoe

As much as I enjoy drinking every now and then, I enjoy living more. There are too many people I've known that have pretty much destroyed their lives with alcohol. Like anything else in life, moderation is key.

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
My life is so much better now,no longer have no money in my pocket,don't feel like shit & know I won't get pulled over for drunk driving ! Also,have more friends,who are pretty much true friends !

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads